Audioz Suggestion...

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by Desantïs, May 8, 2016.

1. Desantïs

Desantïs Banned

The top 10 weekly is one of the most helpful tools we have for saving time.. The problem is that for some members who cannot check every week they are losing out on seeing releases.. Can we do a monthly top 10 and have an archive where we can look back at a previous month if need be? And why stop there.. Besides a monthly top 10 I would also recommend having an 'honorable mentions area' so that all the others below top 10 are listed in ranking order as well... 11-50 for instance.. The problem is that sample packs never make it to the top weekly so unless you want to scroll through all the releases there is no way to quickly find another popular rated sample pack.. What you could do is maybe make a weekly/month top 10 for vsts and then top 10 for sample packs??
    I'm proposing....

1) Monthly top 10 with a full list ranked by the point system.. So we can see 11-100 in order ranked
    2) A separate top 10 for sample packs.

3. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

My .02 $: if you miss something you probably don't need it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

How about the site's color scheme? Are you happy with it?

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

So not only you're not designing most of your sounds - be it lead, pad, bass, layered drums from 2-3-10 sample packs you know inside out - you even want to use the same sounds everyone else uses? :dunno:

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Desantïs

Desantïs Banned

Or I could just be looking for new fresh 1 shot sounds to load in a sampler/make beats out of.. I appreciate your help from time to time but there's no reason to try and be an elitist asshole.. I understand you are one of the sheep that is easily controlled but there's no need to bring down your negativity on me and my puny mind ..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. Lean

Lean Producer

I think it's a pretty good idea :yes:

However I can see problems with it in that if it in a MONTHLY scale you are probably going to see a lot listed maybe that have dissapeared for one reason or another.

As you know with the way the system works combined with DMCA takedown request it might cause a lot of problems as in a Member searches for a monthly top whatever and then suddenly it's gone for whatever reason. Your going to end up with a load of people saying where is this post? Arguments & request, abuse etc but just guessing

"Was here four weeks ago and now it's gone."

I can see it also causing loads of re-up requests etc that bombard admin with requests for things they simply cannot perform for whatever reason or not allowed to do. That's why I would say a shorter timescale is used.

I imagine it would be quite a hard one to administrate but in principle I like the idea of it

8. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

here we go.. another love fest... :bleh:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

... that everyone else is using.

The only producers that stick to the same sounds (for a while) are those who made those sounds and keep them as signature.
    Think a little, when a sample pack is released: what artists are credited as "inspiration" and how old are those "fresh" sounds? Usually the release is well on a descending popularity wave. If you want to get inspired from your favourite artist, you have to do it now, not when the sample pack gets out with yesterday's news.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Desantïs

Desantïs Banned

I am my favorite artist.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  11. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

You are the sum of the samples you use.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  12. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

Yes. And that includes urine and stool samples.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Montgent

Montgent Kapellmeister

I think that what you are asking for is already there in the browser menu. You can click under any particular category and zip through it quick for the past month. It's usually only 5 pages at most for Kontakt libraries or software.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Jedi_Knight

Jedi_Knight Kapellmeister

Im surprised no one thought of a section that provides links to email your favorite groups for direct requests!! :winker:

15. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

:cool: No, me not at all!
    I'd prefer different looks for AudioSex & AudioZ, now they look identical, really boring.
    The most annoying thing is the very buggy and slow performance of AudioZ on old browsers.
    AudioSex gets sometimes also buggy, especially when people post dozens of Soundcloud links or Youtube videos.
    On my new machine the sites work better.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• List
  16. wouala woualouf

wouala woualouf Platinum Record

Ohh man... do you have any idea about what you're asking ? :)
    Many guys here will already feel nervous and anxious, if one shortcut on their desktop gets moved a few pixels to the left or right... because the shortcut has been there since the last windows ME update, and something will look 'strange' if moved 10 pixels...

Imagine changing something on audioz or audiosex. .. prepare yourself for the usual 'everything is fine, so let's keep it that way for the next 60 years' guys..

Your idea is cool. But I think audioz needs another change, before having what you are asking:

I think audioz absolutely needs a page with ALL the RELEASES , where we can quickly sort, or display with a different color, 'apps' and 'non-apps'. Where apps are all the releases where one must install an exe or mac package, and non-apps, everything from a preset pack to a kontakt library, sample packs, skins, books, etc.

Why having such list ?

Because OFTEN, some releases are taken down, whether by DMCA, because the company asked to remove something, because this, or because that.
    And what happens, is, in about 1 hour, or sometimes, less than 5 minutes, something is released on audioz, and suddenly, it disappears.
    And unless people can check audioz every 2 minutes, it's very easy to miss something. Sometimes, out of curiosity, I check magggeessi, or proaudi-ozone, and there are several things there, that had been released on audioz, but just disappeared.

With a PLAIN TEXT list, without links or whatsoever, just text, one could easily notice there was a release on audioz, like:

RELEASES. DATE. NAME
    #356 12-05-16 02h36 Pluginxxx-v1.45-R2R
    #357 12-05-16 04h56 SuperHousepackv4-BullSemen

etc etc

Even if something gets deleted from audioz, at least, we all can know what has been posted or not.

now, if SAINT is reading this, he will say ' hey, with such list, people will stop visiting the site, and will only check the list, AND THEREWILL be less displayed ADS '

that's when I come and say:

- make that list available only to logged members
    - use that web page to insert around 5 to 10 PAY PER VIEW ads, so members can show some support, by not using adblock on that page
    - use that page to insert 1 or 2 PAY PER CLICK ads, so we members can click, once a day, to show our support and love

everybody will win.

and regarding the RSS feed... again, if something gets removed, no way to know what was there or not.

I think this is something really important.
    And those who will say 'there are websites that list all the global audio releases'....
    Yeah. Maybe. But because something is listed on those sites doesn't mean they will get released on audioz. ..

again, as usual, let the haters hate, and let the thumb get hotter and hotter, with all the thumbs down.

17. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

http://www.audiop2p.com/pre.php

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

This response had me dying lol

19. Lean

Lean Producer

Completely correct :yes: and great but most users don't even read the rules and to be honest that list is just going to confuse some.

It won't stop the problem of this release was here, where's it gone which is going to cause even more problems with users that are not in the Know about certain things.

Plus the release log only tells you when it was released , by who, whether it got nuked etc.

It does not tell you how popular a release was or how highly rated etc which is what many users seem to want to know.

Many simply look and go, that's in the top 10 it must be great so i'll download it.

Plus the release log ONLY lists releases from recognised Scene Teams etc, Not P2P or AudioZ exclusive etc. How mant Teams release Sample Packs and other usefull "lowgrade" material?

Stupid practice but happens. But I agree with u it is a solution to find out some great info :bow:

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

[​IMG]

Rob Papen is a nice guy and talented developer --- BUT also a fervent *witch-hunter*!
    See some DMCA complaints @
    https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/11969697#
    and that's just 1 list amongst many!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

21. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

we all do what we have to do...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List