Audioz Search limited?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dadarkman, May 2, 2014.

1. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

Is it me or since Audioz came out with the new (current) layout, the Search return only 5 pages for whatever you query?. I was looking for a post made about a Kontakt library. Since I couldn't remember the name of it, then I typed "Kontakt". To my surprise, only 5 pages came back, which round up the result to 75 items found (and all are from 2014). I'm scratching my head thinking that there are wayyyyy more Kontakt content on Audioz, it can't be just 5 pages.
    That's one search example though, any other search been also round up to 5 pages. At least on my end.
    Anybody else getting the same amount of returns from Audioz Search?

3. carlotta

carlotta Newbie

You are right! I searched kontakt and same result :dunno:

4. floond

floond Platinum Record

Yea, the search engine seems to be limited to 75 hits. In the particular case of Kontakt libraries, using the menu on the left side would yield more results : +Samples -> Kontakt libraries.

5. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

I think it is a configuration issue. If you click on any of the results where it says "Kontakt Libraries"
    [​IMG] then the next result is 33 pages. However, that still defeat the purpose of the Search bar on top.

6. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

Its a known issue. SAINT is working on it!

7. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

Alright, good to know.

8. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

We do have a thing called the Kontakt library section...

9. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Also the fact that you can't find a word in the "article context" as before... :sad: I searched for something too but the advanced searching function isn't that advanced anymore (and what makes me sad is the fact that it worked before.) I do like the new layout, but i hope the searching will get a bit more improved. Thanks.

10. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

Come on, Catalyst. Everybody who's been to Audioz for like thee times know it has a Kontakt section (and every other sections) :wink: . It would be nice to just look for the name if I already know it and not having to go through a bunch of pages though. Well, anyway, that wasn't a complain post, just pointed it out to see if I was the only one getting the 5 pages.

Thanks!

11. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

You said you typed in Kontakt so that leads me to believe that you're not aware of the section. There is no reason to type in Kontakt because you have advanced search and can restrict the search to the kontakt section only if you know another part of the title you were looking for. What are you looking for? You must have some other detail about the release so what is it?

12. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Hey Cata [​IMG]
    What if i'm one of the guys who gets a bad fever by acting like a Martin Garrix wannabe [​IMG] and i need to find some Martin Garrix's loops related stuff? Because i can't type in just "Martin Garrix" as long as that loops company always put the details in the description. [​IMG]
    Before the facelift, it was that "search in article" option in the advanced search, now i can't find that option anymore . I hope this was a good example of using that feature. :headbang:

13. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

Cat...we are talking about AudioZ. You know the issue when you search for anything and get a search result of max. 5 pages. I think dadarkman choosen the term "kontakt" simply to make sure there are at least 5 result pages available.

14. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I know you're talking about AudioZ but he said in his main post that he typed in Kontakt and that led me to believe that he didn't know about advanced search where you can constrain the results to one section. If you didn't know any info about the release then you could look at the Kontakt section. Personally I haven't had a case yet where I needed more than 75 results but maybe it's because my searches are more in-depth. You also have Bookmarks so when you see something you like then you simply hit the star and save it to your list for a later date. You need to realize that increasing the resultset also increases strain on the server as well as time delay in displaying results because the query can bring back a lot of results such as when people search for things like EDM. If you don't know what you want then maybe you don't need it. :dunno:

15. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

But you agree that this is an issue of the new AudioZ layout, isnt it?

16. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I agree that search was limited, sure. It only gives 75 results. I can only see rare cases when that would matter.

17. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

The layout is great for me though... no matter the search results number. :dunno: Maybe i don't use it that often (even if i was a bit ironic above).

18. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

But there is definetely something strange about the search function at AudioZ. For example.

1. search for "native instruments kontakt" ---> you will have 75 results. you scroll and scroll..and at page 3 (for example you recognize..Hmm, maybe I should precise my search.
    2. switch to advanced search and choose "Windows" (to search in Windows sub category only and press the magnifier to start search...Now you'll see nothing as search result. This always happens when you go through the results of a search and you reached a page (lets say page 3 (results 31-45) and then make a new search (with the same search term that delivers less results than (in this case 31)

Headline in search is "found 28 posts (showing 31 - 30) " what cant be correct! :wow:

19. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Luke I'm confused: of course you're going to get less results when you search the Windows section for Native Instruments Kontakt than if you search the Kontakt section. Also keep in mind that some things may be improperly labelled due to contributor error as well as the fact that the Kontakt section is new so not everything has been changed over.

20. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

Less result would be OK..But do it exactly how I discribed...Search will say "found 28 results" but show nothing. The problem is that the search function doesnt reset the site counter when you modify your search. In my example it is still at page no.3 (Search term "Native Instruments Kontakt" done without any precision in search categories delivers 75 results)... and due the fact the modified (only Windows) search term "Native Instruments Kontakt" only delivers 28 results there are not enough results to display them at page no.3 (Result page no.3 goes from result 31-45)..If you for example are at page no.2 and then modify your search you are still at page no.2 after search results have been actualized. Normal behavious of the search function should be..that it starts at search result page no.1 after you modified the search.

The Problem only occurs if you dont modify the search term itself but just the categories you want to search in.

OK...here you have a screencapture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2amP7y66Hu4

21. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I will look into it luke as soon as I have a moment. Also perhaps SAiNT will drop by and take a gander as well. Thanks for the video, it will surely make our lives easier. :mates: