AudioZ now opening SCAM sites???

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kookaboo, Dec 14, 2015.

1. SmokerNzt

SmokerNzt Rock Star

just download safari extension by the name "Third Party Blocker " and forget from any popup

2. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

did you make a peeplink account? make one and log in...

3. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

combine Adblock Plus with Poper Blocker, it helps you to avoid the popup pages when you click on the field of the download links.

4. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

Make sure you are logged into Audiosex and Audioz.

5. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

I have no idea why there are so many answers on this stupid thread. All of the Ghostery, AdBlockers, etc., shit is spot on. I am going with realitybytez and AlphaOne; this is not rocket science, if you have issues after installing those blockers, it's your own damn fault. :bash:

6. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

the best extension i have found is: ublock origin
    also, you may be interested in this extension: Disconnect ( this is with Firefox but probs. available for others)
    this shows you a LOT of info about what's going on when you visit a page....

7. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

On a Mac here, using AdBlock and Blur in Safari. I have only had popup problems when clicking on certain Peeplink links -- not when entering the Peeplink page itself, just when highlighting links to copy on the page. Never had a popup in Audiosex and can't recall if I ever saw one on the sister site. If I did, it was a looooooooooong time ago.

8. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

ad block plus... and no issues here... on mac

9. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

This thread just picked up like as it were started yesterday.

It started Dec 14, 2015, continued till Dec 20, 2015, picked back up Mar 7, 2016, stopped once again on Mar 9, 2016, started again Jan 5, 2017 till the last post on Jan 6, 2017, before randomly being responded to yesterday at 11:15 AM, and here I am today like: WTF why?

The person who started it back up on Jan 5, 2017 is quoting someone from Jan 6, 2017 on July 31 2018 as if no time has passed at all.

:crazy:

10. trutzburg

trutzburg Kapellmeister

Such an overkill of Adblockers will just stop other sites functioning properly. I am happy with Ghostery, but on some sites I have to deactivate it or trust the site. Once, I had another adblocker, and script off switch and another one. Then, I found myself permanently deactivating some of them on one site, or wondering why another site doesn't work, and so on. Also, there is a war out there against adblockers, some newspaper sites warn you to decativate Adblockers, even if it's only "do not track". Otherwise you wouldn't see any content.

Alternatively, it is mentioned here to make an account here, log in there, etc. I also did this, and the result was that I simply lost track about those many email accounts, logins, passwords. Also, it led to a huge amount of spam and advertising mails, so in the end I abandoned about 90 percent (a big browser crash helped) of that, which left me with about 50 sites where I have an account now.

As I use mostly Firefox, I encountered some scam sites that are especially taylored for that browser. They ask you to login and that FF login box doesn't go away easily. They appear mostly by adfarm feeds on Peeplink, Audiosex, Suprafiles, Cloudyfiles and Openload.

Personally, I don't care about popups, as long as they do not try to catch me in a loop or something. I would definitevly not recommend to use more than one adblocker or scriptblocker, as they tend to use significant CPU power to protect you, until your browser eats 80 percent of your PC's performance only by preinterpreting the sites you visit. Then, you either have to buy a faster PC, or, much cheaper, abstain from a number of those helpers.
    So, if the thread exists, why not picking it up ? As opposed to open a new one with nearly the same topic. I appreciate a little history.

11. SmokerNzt

SmokerNzt Rock Star

you have an options in Third Party Blocker when you press on it , it was enable the youtube context. or video or media .
    when the new windows pop-up it can inject javascript into the browser , then spoofing you "a man in the middle of browser"
    but still., you have many amazing add adblocker/no-script/Third Party blocker / Gost is amazing to I using it to

12. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

FF saves all that for you, and you can sign up with a throwaway email.. if all you
    need is the login..

I got Ghostery too... I use it all.. and if the website doesn't like your blockers it will often just hide the content
    till you disable it, you have the option with most of them to white list any particular site you don't want it
    to block ads or actions from..

it's worth it to me to keep malicious code at bay, and most annoying redirects and pop ups out of my browsing

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2018
  13. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

interestingly when I tried to register the peeplink first, I wasn't able to, and didn't understand why, I thought it should send me some confirmation email, that has never arrived. Later I gave it a second chance with my other browser, Safari, instead of FF and it worked but I was still unable to login with it in Firefox. Because of the Adblock enabled! I had to disable it temporarily to path throw the login process.
    Sincerely I didn't win anything. I was fine with the Poper Blocker blocking popups on that page, a much easier solution.

Unfortunately I need to trick my browser to eliminate not just the popups but the ads as well, you know those annoying animated gifs! that appear on top of AZ as well and make my CPU nearly blow my elderly macbook pro.

14. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Herr Durr,
    does this Ghostery do all of the job alone (blocking ads, trackers, popups, malicious codes), without the need of Adblock or it is just an alternative to Poper Blocker?
    I would be happy to use only one addon instead of more.

15. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

No. . to my knowledge it's mostly to keep sites from tracking you .. keeping you "ghosty"
    If you had to choose one.. Adblock Plus would probably be it.. but it simply doesn't catch everything
    if you can use two.. then adding ublock origin would stop most of the annoyance

FF eats your RAM like a beast regardless of add ons..

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2018
  16. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

It's how it picked back up, example:

Yesterday at 11:15 AM
    Quoting a post from Jan 6, 2017
    Yesterday at 1:50 PM
    I mean do whatever you want, but to me this looks a bit off.