Audioz File Hosters - What's the deal??

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by sthicc, Oct 12, 2024 at 1:33 PM.

?

What's your favourite filehoster?

1. gofile

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. mega

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  3. pixeldrain

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. zippyshare (RIP)

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. google drive

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  6. mediafire

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  7. other - Comment your suggestions!

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sthicc

sthicc Noisemaker

So why is it, in todays day and age that the only file hosters i ever see used are Rapidgator, KATfile, etc.

These hosters have terrible limitations put in place for free users. And when it comes down to it, thats what some of us are. I'm proud to be a free user for life and i aint gonna be changing anytime soon. I could see if revenue from these hosters went to the forum but it doesn't, so why are we so hard-committed to them?

There are much better alternatives. For example
    - https://gofile.io/ - which doesnt limit free users AT ALL in any way
    • Unlimited downloads, bandwidth and traffic, We do not limit the number of downloads, bandwidth, or traffic.
    • No file size limit, Upload files of any size without worrying about hitting a cap or incurring additional fees."
    - https://pixeldrain.com
    • 5 GB per day, Download speed is reduced to 1 MiB/s when exceeded. Max 5 concurrent downloads
    • 120 day free file limit
    - https://mega.io/
    • 20GB Limit
    • Fast downloads
    - https://mediafire.com
    • they dont list their restrictions on the site clearly, i dont think theyre much
    - Heck, even Google Drive, 15GB free accounts and respectable transfer speeds

-(RIP Zippyshare)

So my question is, why are we not using these services that are so much better for the users? Why do we have to click through 5 different file parts at 100kb/s and waste our whole lives doing so? It can't be very convenient for the people uploading to have to do it this way either.

I mean, it's only after accumulating +300GB of library items this way that i ask this question. Trust me i'm not complaining. I'm just saying there is a better way. And afaik theres not any rules against using other hosters, i searched through the posts in order to make sure about this.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Radio

Radio Kapellmeister

I use Mega, which was created by Kim Dotcom, because it works very well and has end-to-end encryption. It is very clear and easy to use. Really private files don't belong on the internet, of course.

4. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

i stopped accumulating crap a long time ago, but whenever i had to get a bigger archive i would just search it up somewhere else, making sure it was the same release (most torrents from the russian brothers are fine). for smaller files i don't mind the limitations.
    some of the filehosts you mention (like you said, pixeldrain) might actually block your connection if they see you're eating up their bandwidth too fast

i'm sure there is a reason uploaders are using these filehosts :wink:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. PantoCore

PantoCore Ultrasonic

the biggest issue is not the speed to me, it's the captcha function rapidgator and katfile are using. never working correctly. to make download links visible even audioz use that captcha bullshit. that's why i download from other sites.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

I completely agree... In my humble opinion, there should always be a free link with at least minimally acceptable download speed: You would always have two/three paid options for Debrider users and a third free option. There are some uploaders sensitive to this (Sunny, djyopmix, and in certain releases, hidera), but most are not. So, it seems to me that there’s a policy behind this, though I don’t agree with it—but that hardly matters. What matters most is that the releases keep coming and that we have some way to access them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Radio

Radio Kapellmeister

It's the money - as always!
    Money is the incentive for some of our fellow human beings to do the work of uploading something. Well, it's greed and the love of money...

8. FalloutFan

FalloutFan Newbie

It's not just the limited file hosts, most releases don't even allow you to post mirror links,
    of course, It's all about the revenue the uploaders get from downloads through their links.

9. Barry T

Barry T Producer

I only go to AudioZ for news and updates. If I need to download anything I look elsewhere, because RG and KF are trash. Unless it's a really small file, that can be downloaded with less hassle with JDownloader.

10. jordan77

jordan77 Ultrasonic

iirc is already explained why those hosts are the choosen for sister site, there is many reasons, search there for "KatFile will be Discontinued", 12 pages of discussion. You will understand a bit the situation

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  11. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

reliability/trust over speeds,
    RG/UL/KF/KS/FB/DF/FJ aren't fastest but they do have longer retention policy,
    RIP Zippyshare, RIP Uptobox, RIP Ulozto...

I will always remain free user too, jdownloader works fine, and I don't rush for tons of content anymore,
    that said, maybe we could open up discussion for rule adjustments at sister site - (ability) to provide other fs mirrors after certain period of release time, regardless of uploader's wishes.... but that's a topic for a separate thread
    :chilling: