AudioZ and PC Releases

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by eddielee, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

@ eddielee . Please stop double posting back to back, use the edit button especially if you're addressing the same people. You mention earlier that Mods share opinions instead of just moderating the forum. That is all fine and dandy, you can feel that way but don't make it any more difficult for us when do Moderate the forum, learn the tools, learn Forum etiquette and stop double posting, all it does is clutter up the place. Please help keep the forum clean.Thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Just out of curiosity: when was that and was it always under the name AudioZ? The first non-p2p sites I remember are sites like bubba zenetti's wlr or gothic audio warez and the first time I came in contact with AudioZ was almost a decade later... makes me wonder how a gem like AudioZ slipped under my radar for so long :)

3. Snill

Snill Kapellmeister

Get Hackintosh with 2 hard disk one 4 Mac one 4 PC and be thanks full and grateful for what you have man and don't cry ;)

4. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

it was around 2003. first versions of AudioZ were in form of email subscription, then a forum, then a website on WordPress engine :)

at that time there were only a few personal blogs, without even a paid domain. i remember this great guy from Spain, if memory not fails me, he called himself Lunatic2000, or Lunatico or something like that. his blog was the most popular those days, but he got closed every once in a while and there was no RapidShare back then, so it was hard for him to maintain the site.
    AudioZ wasn't a personal blog. it was made as a community, and at that time i don't recall any other FS communities for Audio warez (only torrents). few years later the original Magesy was opened and with Avax's support it outstripped AudioZ big time... but, you probably know how it ended :wink:

• Like Like x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  5. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Oh man, those times... What gruesome days those were. We used yahoo or freenet accounts which allowed to store 20 or 25 mb per account and posted the login information in the release posting. Those accounts where gone soooo fast, you can't believe it. Creating mirrors was considered good manners back then because it was actual work with no personal benefit - you had to look up some poor chap in the phone book because those hosters checked those adresses :lmao:
    And then came stuff like the drumkit from hell or the vienna symphonic library and some of us even exchanged physical hard drives via mail. Or the first synchrosoft crack. man, the uproar that caused!

We're so spoiled today... No wonder there is so little appreciation if there are so little people left who remember when our hobby was somehow balancing on a knife's edge.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. SAiNT

hahaha, i remember that! :))) back then i was a mod on several warez web-sites, i remember we used to rent a small server for FTP to share cracks so normal post would have direct download link to dev's website and separate link to the crack at our server :))) the guy i mentioned above (Lunatico) asked people for ftp to store cracks and sometimes people would share their local ISP's storage space (about 25mb of free storage), so he could upload cracks there :) i miss those times... back then i was under dial up and could only download one music album per day (2 maximum), and that music was appreciated much more than it is today. i could listen to it for weeks. :sad:

yes, i remember there were special internet-shops in my country, selling those cracked CD's. i used to order hundreds of them and then when i finally got ADSL somewhere in the end of 2003, uploaded those CD's to AudioZ :))))

so true. that's exactly what i meant when i wrote about how i downloaded music.
    we're spoiled in too many ways :sad: everything became so fast...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

This reminds me, although probably was years before, when I used "astalavista" to get cracks for the software demos which came in Magazine floppy disks, and later CDROMs.

Man, I feel old. Wait, I'm old... :sad::rofl:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. What's your oldest dl then? Mine's Emagic.Sounddiver.v3.0.5.4-OxYGeN.rar 10 Aug 2004.

9. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

Putting me away as a spoiled brad with no intelect or at least ungratefull person,
    which has nothing to do with this, and totally destroys the oppertunity for constructive conversation.
    I also don't feel like we have to go over this everytime we are not agreeing, me and others are thankfull with what the staff, the teams and the community gives us.

I Simply wonder what is going on in your mind? assuming that total strangers know how the scene works is wishfull thinking and might be the only path of destruction the warez scene is on....

think about it, the OP asked why it's like this. The only thing he got was insults and crazy assumptions.

We as a community should be more patient with people, we can't assume everyone to be in the known.
    the way this is handled, people who didn't want to inform OP but just throw a useless rant towards him filled with assumptions and personal frustration. and people who would be willing to awser in a decent way refrain from awnsering

I get it, the departure of r2r and deleting PC please comments all day takes it tole. but should not result in pointless negativity towards strangers.
    all this negativ stuff is reflecting bad on the community. The interwebs is full of jerks who wants to be served as they are pleased, this is an existing reality that cannot be changed, because it isn't that their intensions are bad, but just because they don't know any better...

I don't want to call out any names, but some behavior/anwsers were obvious questionble. The op asked for an sensible discussion, Look what he got on the first page,starting from reply No.1, it wasn't even close. And that's why I couldn't resist puking my opinion, yes in a frustrated way, that is because beeing here a daily thing to me, and stuff that happends down here goes to the heart.

It was not for MY personal interest to reply back then. And it isn't right now. I feel like I I am playing with fire while I am typing this,. But I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. And I also feel bad for you and others in a way, for this complete myopia? about how random people behave on the internet. And how it reflects on your sentiment.

I'm not telling u what to do, but in my humble opinion u should close the open door for the random people who are in the spindle of this frustration (again, If that means that closes the door for me is not the point, I am not ventilating my thoughts for my own interest)

Feel free not to respond, vote me down or disagree but please stop making the wrong asumptions

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  10. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

The OP didn't ask why it's like this. He asked what the 'future' of PC users on Audioz is. In other words, when are we going to start getting the goodies too. Complete with a statement about how everyone wants newest, coolest stuff.

He's just fishing - asking without actually asking. He really wants Reaktor or something else that was released on mac and he's looking for some assurances that someone will come along and provide it to him eventually.

I know this because I can empathize with that train of thought and that little pang of envy when something I really want but can't afford comes out on mac only. The difference is I keep it to my damn self and wait for it to pass. I'm not trying to be hard on the guy. Just saying.

Edit: Rating someone's comment Dumb is the online equivalent of frowning and sticking your tongue out. Sure, it gets your point across, but it makes you look like a petulant little kid.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  11. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

@eddielee - I don't get it. So when a team get a temporary (or permanent) rest, they should be immediately replaced so that users won't suffer?
    I can't understand the point of this thread, that's all. :dunno:
    Teams only share stuff they want to share with public.

However not to take sides, let's bring up a real life scenario (simulated):
    I desperately want to buy some specific product, but devs don't offer demo or refund (kinda typical behaviour with Kontakt content). So what are my choices when I still want to try it? I look at AZ, and it's not there.

For once I understand user's frustration when that happens, but the teams are not here to take in where devs left of to offer you free demo of every product you think of. All their effort are mostly taken by a few people commenting on a thread that slowly fade as time goes by - that's mostly all they have left, apart from those who supply (that is those who choose AZ as their platform). And then the heartwarming feeling that they helped you demo someone's product to make wise decision about investment.

My apologies if this is too offtopic, as stated, I can't understand this thread

I think it was called Altavista :).
    It was still active in late 2005.

I used to go there to grab stuff from /pub/msdos
    That is when simtel.sun.ac.za was down :rofl:
    I remember looking high and low for NeoBook serial when I was 11. Buying a $59.95 DOS app with parent's money, that was totally out of my reach.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  12. eddielee

eddielee Kapellmeister

god here we go again i thought this was all cleared up previously ? @ cav emp no no no .. for god sake i know we are all entitled to an opinion but please don't tell me what i was trying to do like you know me (this has frustrated me most about this thread ) I dont really want reaktor I legitimately own all the NI software I use and need .. if you did know me you would know that your statement is totally untrue and i was just not so good at putting my point across properly, I dont need assurances or need anyone to step up to the mark and release stuff this is just all assumptions , I obviously dot know the scene as well as most on here thats been my only mistake as far as i can see

@ Andrew thats not what i was asking and to be honest i think i have forgotten the point of all this too

I know this is a bit of a stupid comment after all i started this fiasco but please no more comments i made a mistake can we all just leave it at that ...

thanks

13. rickbarratt

rickbarratt Producer

im english so we obviously don't get kimmel over here.
    but some of the clips on youtube i've seen in the past are hilarious, when they go out into the streets and get people's views.

amazes me some of the responses they get

(although it must take them a big portion of time to find these idiots)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Probably true...as i already stated: "It's pure ENVY!"
    I understand now why (if true or partly Ked) NEXUS2 has not been released publicly....
    All the monsters & zombies living now in total darkness and silence would creep out
    from their graves and start moaning, asking, pretending, insulting bla, bla, bla...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. exr777

exr777 Producer

@eddielee
    Everything you said was as legitimate as possible.
    Don't worry about that.
    Audiosex and audioz is like North Korea lately.
    There is a supreme leader who everyone follow.
    If by any chance you have a different opinion you risk yourself of being killed.
    That's it.

No worries mate. As someone said, you only get what people want to give. There is no point in requesting or anything.
    And that's the way it is. Deal with it the way you see fit.
    Cheers

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List

16. Ahh Bisto! Ahh 1998 Voyetra Orchestrator.

17. SAiNT

Please backup your words with some real evidence and i will investigate it

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Wouldn't anybody like to know this? Totally understandable from my perspective.

No. Altavista was a regular search engine.
    The crack/serial search engine is astalavista.box.sk

19. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Absolutely. The problem is, it pisses off the people who are actually capable of releasing the software, which in turn pisses off the mods, the users...

Like I said - I wasn't mad at the guy. I was explaining why it offends people.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  20. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

thats accurate.