AudioZ and AudioSex radio?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by vsan, Mar 6, 2016.

?

Would you like to AudioZ and AudioSex had a radio? Would you be willing to collaborate?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2016.
  1. Yes, I would like and would collaborate with my music.

22 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. No, I would not like it.

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Yes, I would like but could not collaborate.

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. vsan

vsan Member

Hi guys! I returned to remember a project I proposed some time ago, but that was forgotten...me would like to know the opinion of the members.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  3. ned944

ned944 Moderator

This is an Idea I have ran by @SAiNT as well so would be interesting to see results from this poll as well.

4. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

You are the third now with that idea. So far nobody managed to pull it.

5. webhead

webhead Audiosexual

I think the problem is finding people who can manage a web radio server. They also must be reliable people and they have to have time for it.
    Making music seems easier to me :}

6. Beth

Beth Guest

Sounds like a great idea if you could get it organized. Not sure how i could help but if i can i will.

7. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

yeah.. sort of our own Audioz soundcloud... so we could hear each other's stuff easier..
    .. arrange collabs... find out about new or unknown music.. discuss new audio hardware and software... all around great idea...

prolly couldn't stream legit releases tho? bring down RIAA heat?

8. Demon

Demon Producer

It's a bloody good idea.

9. MrAnonymous

MrAnonymous Producer

It's pretty much the same as Audiosex youtube, imho i dont think you will find someone that has the time to manage such projects. Although in theory it is a good idea.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  10. ned944

ned944 Moderator

The issues are not many actually, You have to have someone manage the server, and you have to have some quality control, Who decides what music gets on the radio stream. This can be touchy in itself, as it can cause hurt feelings and what not because it someone might feel their music is good enough and others may not, that requires a team to decide, then that team has to be available to make those choices. the logistics are rather easy to work out and manage. it can run itself with minimal involvement, adding the songs and choosing them, making sure they are in the proper format, desired form i.e. mp3 192bit, ect. can be time consuming for the beginning but would eventually become less time consuming. But the time involved would be substantial at the onset of getting the service up and running.

I ran a shoutcast server about 5 years ago, but was a different time back then. But @Herr Durr brings up a very valid point. Some members use "Copyrighted material" in their songs and that could lead to problems. at the very least would lead to take down notices for music, but could lead to larger concerns for @SAiNT, and his sites.

11. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Video killed the radio star

12. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

basically every idea and venture we have is a pretty decent idea... ideas aren't the issue here. We can pretty much do anything and make this place bigger than any other audio forum.

The real thing here is people who will be willing to manage and do all these things. It's not easy. We need organisers who are on top of their game and care about the control and the quality and know how to do these things right. And then we need people who can actively support it.

These things are actually hard work, it sounds easy but it's actually not, because you have to always be alert and paying attention. Everyone will support your idea and say, 'hey yeah that's awesome lets do this!' and they will give you motivation and a sense of hope and spirit. But then you will quickly find out that you are left alone and in the dark, and you have to pull the weight along with the few others who are willing to help and make sure everything gets done right. You basically have to make this work, you can't rely on others and you can't expect others to do something great, you have to push for everything. And believe me it's actually super fuckn difficult.

So if there is anyone over here who is really good at organising, team management and who has experience and understanding of organising these things and can make things work, then definately come along and be the leader. The most important thing is to understand that once you are in charge, you are the one that's going to make it happen. You have to really care about it or else you're going to do a shitty job. Experience.

Another thing is you have to be able to understand the people that you are working with and be able to work with them. You can't expect to have a hit radio show with top quality tracks if you are in a forum where experienced producers no longer have time and people who are posting are mostly amateurs... you can't expect to have something big budget if you are working with 0 monies. When you are doing these things, you are essentially doing it according to the community you are catering for, and knowing about this community and being willing to work with them is important.

Last and not least, you need someone who has the time to do this shit along with the previous that I've mentioned.

Source: [I've failed once from doing shit like this and have lernt alot since...]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Slider

Slider Producer

Very good point, we've already seen how butthurt feelings can get around here. So let me ask how does something like this work? Would it be continuous streaming to everyone like radio or more like a sound cloud/YouTube where individuals select what they want to hear. What would truly be the benefits of doing this and who would have access to both submitting and listening to music or videos? Seems like a lot of work involved for someone, are we reinventing the wheel, for what gain? :dunno:

14. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

whether it happens or not... still a nice thought... could I live without it? probably...

15. vst mama

vst mama Member

that would be awesome :yes::wink:

16. SyNtH.

SyNtH. Platinum Record

I guess it would need some form of direction (topics of dicsussion, if any, multiple hosts, bed tracks, what music to play, whats coming up next in audiosex, will it be live or prerecorded, will it just be music, where will it be uploaded if there is a backlog, setting up the server etc). Ive done a "mixcast" show that plays music that myself and my co-host enjoy for 23 episodes and it really isnt feasible to host a show without people who dont have enthusiasm or have a hard work ethic. I am currently going through this problem with a friend who is my co-host who fizzled out, and i now have to solely carry out the next seven episodes for the most part on my own. I guarantee no one is going to carry that burden of work on this forum without real organization and people meeting deadlines. Also people have mentioned for what benefit? I agree with this as well, you might get like 1% traffic of people being receptive, the other people are just going to listen to their own tracks on the radio, for the most part apart from the old timers and mental people on this forum, most of the community that i have seen commenting recently are just here for problems, not solutions. Only the regulars of this forum give a real shit about the forum and put in real time and effort into their craft. I don't see anything coming from this except extra workload. I prefer it when the active willing participants who want to improve or discuss meaningful topics around audio put their parts into compilations, or make tutorials or give meaningful advice. Something tangible that is also a digestible medium to people both inside and outside the forum.