AudioUTOPIAs Pro Tools not responding

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by Messh, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Messh

Messh Newbie

hey yall,
    i downloaded avid pro tools 12 by audioutopia and installed everything which was in the setup app.
    but when i start pro tools its not responding really. and i cant start a new project, because it says i am not signed in. it seems like its not cracked then? i never used any version of pro tools before.
    i just set my pc new up. i use 16gb ram, 500gb ssd, 1 tb hd, intelcore i5 2320 processor and behinger uphoria umc 204 interface.
    i hope anyone can give an advice.

Attached Files:

3. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

On the page where you start a new project, change it from project to session.

4. Messh

Messh Newbie

thx, but its still slow af and not responding.

5. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

Hmmm...Pro Tools can be quirky, even the legit version. Do you have any 3rd party AAX plugins? Sometimes they cause problems. Make sure drivers are up to date for your interface or even try loding PT without the interface on. I had a problem a long time ago with an Nvidia video card causing spikes but it would boot ok. I know I have locked up the program changing some I/O settings. Your computer setup is fine so I'm puzzled?

6. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Pro Tools can be really slow from a number of reasons and it won't tell you why. Examples include having a buffer size which PT doesn't support, a misbehaving MIDI keyboard or plugin.

7. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I remember my first experience with cracked Pro Tools 10. It crashed on startup every time without fail, giving only a cryptic error code consisting of a series of numbers and letters. Eventually I managed to find an Avid forum post with this error code which states that it means Pro Tools is unable to find your ASIO driver and you have to hold the N key while it starts up to open the audio setup dialog before it finishes initializing.

It was at that moment I decided that if Pro Tools can't resolve a simple issue like driver selection without a series of crashes, the solution to which nobody could ever have known without prior information from support, then Pro Tools can fuck itself right in its outdated interface.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

it seems like its not cracked then? :no::bleh: Your just in for a long ride, if you've never used protools before, do some research and reading up on youll figure it out? and by the time you do , you could of recorded a whole song inside Studio One,:woot: or Another Daw that is so much better.. Good Luck :wink:

9. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

I will receive the Behringer UMC404HD next week so I'll gladly tell you then.

Have you tried reinstalling? the installer dropped a primitive uninstaller in a default location (I currently don't remember.:p)
    my experience is the opposite of yours, but I like fl studio more

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  10. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

I've been using PT12 AudioUtopia with UMC404 for almost a year now with literally zero problems, so 204 should work just fine. Make sure you set your buffer to something reasonable (256/512) and set the mode to "Standard", for some reason PT dislikes other modes.

11. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

nahh I recorded a track after 2 days of fooling arround,
    auto tune works flawlessly in blue-cat patchwork, and VMR has gain reduction metering.

Now that we are in the topic, did anyone manage to use Jbridge in combination with trans vst?

12. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Cool man. Out of curiosity, what do you mean by opposite? Did you get some kinda exceptional stability/reliability out of PT? That'd be the first time I've ever heard that, but hey, if it works for you then hey what the hell, I'm happy for you.

13. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

I must admit...for the most part, PT has been as stable as any other DAW for me. As long as you know what might give you issues and avoid it, it's been fine. Still not sure what could be wrong with the OP, I know it may suck but maybe a clean install of Windows and PT might be the answer. My rig is just for audio and nothing else and has never seen the internet.

14. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

forgot to finish my sentence haha, but anyways pro tools was a breeze install and run in my case.
    maybe I was lucky I don't know :dunno:,

to see it in perspective, I never managed to get harisson mixbus or studio one to run at all.

To be honest I did knew that pro tools does not accept high buffer's beforehand,
    every time forget to lower it I need to kill the pro tools process. Which is still kinda annoying.

and it doesn't play well with ridiculous amounts of plugin delay. (Izotope De-breath)

but all in all, I see why it has been the industry standard for a long time.

15. julianbre

julianbre Producer

Messh, first make sure the Behringer buffer setting is 1024 or lower. PT does not work at any higher settings. If that does not work, what other sound cards do you have on your system? Try this, right click on the speaker icon in Windows task bar. Select Playback devices. Right click on each device shown and select disable. Do the same for each device listed in recording. Now try to start PT. Did it start up? If so, select session to see if it loads. If so, close seesion, exit PT. Go back to Play back devices and just turn on the Behringer. Same for Recording devices. Now start PT again. That should work. Let us know.

16. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Lol dude the first time I ran the Nectar DeBreath plugin in Studio One I thought my computer was bugging out and got all pissed. That shit adds like half a second of latency. Borderline unusable, even for mixing since it makes visualization all but useless... which is a shame because it works very well.

Fortunately Cubase has a very fast workflow for cutting out breaths... something I never did in Studio One, mostly out of laziness

17. Dvus I

Dvus I Kapellmeister

Pour moi fonctionne NICKEL
    PT HD 12. audioutopia +Digi 003 ===========:wink::winker::invision:

18. boomoperator

boomoperator Rock Star

Well, actually mine's not functioning all that. Lot's of 'not responding' messages, that do go away after a short while. I've been working with legit PT 8 &10 on Mac for years, which performed flawless. But this install on Windows.. meh! Maybe that's due to some AAX plugs, or the end of life M-audio driver? Hardware is up to par: SSD's, Skylake, 32 Gigs of RAM.. I still have to investigate futher, but if it doesn't get any better, I'll have to turn to Reaper.

19. julianbre

julianbre Producer

boomoperator, yeah dump all AAX plugins into unused folder and try running PT to see if it hangs up. The click plugin causes problems for some people. Make sure your video card and network drivers are updated and that they are compatible with PT. Also check sample rate and midi settings. It's seems simple but PT is very finicky. Once it's up and running, make a backup image!

20. boomoperator

boomoperator Rock Star

Thanks @julianbre.. Good advise, will do. I remember on version 8 & 10, we had to select only 1 processor for optimal performance. You know if that's still the case?

21. ehrwaldt kunzlich

ehrwaldt kunzlich Rock Star

when i first tried this release, i had sluggish startups too and iirc it had to do with the video-processing.
    sorry for being so vague, but i only installed pt to see if it actually works and wiped it a few days later...