Audioutopia's Pro Tools 12.5 won't start on Windows 10

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by David54, Jan 22, 2022.

1. David54

David54 Newbie

Yesterday I upgraded my Win7 to Win10 and the Pro Tools just won't work on the new system. While installing I got an error about missing file, ignored it and finished installation. Starting the software all I get is a millisecond flash of startup screen and nothing else. Tried reinstalling it multiple times but no luck. Could this be caused by running installation file from my downloads folder instead of unpacking it to desktop? I did try unpacking files to desktop and reinstalling but no difference. I'm getting really frustrated at this point and I'm not going back to Win7 just because of single software not working. I'm thinking about reinstalling Win10 and installing from the desktop right away (if that's even the problem) but I've seen PT working just fine on Win10 so what's the problem here? Just for info I installed a Windows 10N version (no media player and few other thing) if that makes a difference.

3. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

Try unpacking it at a short path. Something like c:/pt or something like that. Had the same problem once. Drove me insane. It's because once the path get too long, youre not able to unpack every file in your rar file.
    Good luck

4. Talula

Talula Rock Star

1. install all vc++ reditst, newt.framework, etc.
    2. run protools installation in win7 compatible mode.
    3. run protools in win7 compatible mode.

5. Talula

Talula Rock Star

Best Answer
    yes, that makes a difference. install win10 pro without any limitations. or enter this command in powershell:
    Code:
    Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -FeatureName "WindowsMediaPlayer" -All -Online

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. David54

David54 Newbie

BINGO.. Ended up installing regular Win10 Pro and everything works like a charm. I was about to break monitor with my head, thanks man!