AudioUTOPiA PT HD v12.5 Stability

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by Sinnistar7, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Just a little side note, having old cracked version is literally the same as having a bit newer legit version and not paying for updates. I had been working with cracked PT for some time and decided it's not worth the grief for me.

Edit: Also, HD is basically the same as regular. You won't be using HEAT that much (and there are better plugins already) and if you're using like more than 300 tracks all the time, I don't know what to tell you... bounce your stuff maybe?

2. Justin-Cydeher

Justin-Cydeher Kapellmeister

im only using pro tools to record and edit vocal tracks to a stereo mix of a song, at max 16 tracks

3. Justin-Cydeher

Justin-Cydeher Kapellmeister

I got Utopia PT up and running, at first no instruments...then everything worked.

My set up is bootcamp, focusrite 2i2 3rd gen as well as SSL2+ (not tested enough yet) but will.
    Thanks to all here!

4. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Have been using PT 12.5.0.395 AudioUTOPiA since release on Windows 7, 8.1 Windows 10 Pro & now Pro for Workstations.
    Running very smoothly since last years Windows 10 updates & every update since (current 20H2 (x64) ).

One system tuning tweak is to disable Windows driver updates & use the drivers from the hardware developer(s).
    Also make certain that your system BIOS is current (read the requirements for updating).

I run PT 12.5 with only two items showing in Task Manager. Pro tools.exe and Inspector.exe

All cores & threads are now being used equally in a test session with 8 instances of Omnisphere 2.6 & a set of midi sequences for every 8 tracks repeated 6 times (48 tracks). Session is 48kHz, 24 bit through AISO4All @ 128 samples.
    20% less max CPU spike.

Items disabled in Services (services.msc):
    • Digidesign MME Refresh Service (Digifresh)
    • digiSPTIService64

Also renamed the following in C:\Program Files\Avid\Pro Tools\ :
    • digisptiservice64.exe to digisptiservice64.ex_
    • MMERefresh.ex to MMERefresh.ex_
    • Pro Tools Helper.exe to Pro Tools Helper.ex_
    This ensures they do not load

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Curly123456

Curly123456 Member

Hi, thanks! Does disabling these free up space? Also, do you have any idea why the video engine might not be launching? I've also been running this version for the last 3 years on a Win 10 laptop with no problems except the slowness in large sessions mentioned elsewhere. I've switched to a newer laptop and working fine apart from the video engine never launching.

6. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

7. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

No problem. We are all here to help & encourage each other. Yes?

Disabling unneeded services reduces pull on available resources & sometimes eliminates system conflicts.

The video engine is also a problem for retail versions of Pro Tools. In the Avid forum, one person went from PT 202 to PT 2019 to solve the video engine problem. Says that everything has been fine for three years until 2020 version upgrade (macOS).

I personally don't use the video engine (totally disabled). Would sync to external computer or video device if I needed to work with video.

8. Curly123456

Curly123456 Member

Strange that video is so sticky for so many people with PT. I do a lot of post stuff so rely on their video engine. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

9. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Once you have the audio sorted out, DaVinci Resolve could be a viable software solution. Just a thought.

10. Curly123456

Curly123456 Member

11. Patrick Nguyen

Patrick Nguyen Newbie

Hi. I'm newbie here. I installed the 12.5 PT yesterday. And I'm having problem with ASIO driver. I'm using Focusrite Scarllet 2i2 2nd. When I open a project, PT pops up a dialog said that it can't intialize the Forcusrite driver. You can see the photo below. Does anyone know how to solve this? Thank you so much :3

P.S: I've installed the latest driver from the official website.

upload_2021-4-7_13-23-39.png

12. Curly123456

Curly123456 Member

I've had this before, restarting the interface often works.

If not try creating a brand new session, but make sure that you have ASIO4ALL installed so that PT will have a driver to default to.

Failing that trashing the preferences (google it if that's a new concept) may help, or just reinstalling the program.

Good luck!

13. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

In the folder C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Avid\Pro Tools\, try renaming or deleting the file with a pio suffix referring to your device & relaunch PT12.5.

If this does not work. You may have to uninstall the Focusrite driver, launch PT12.5 & setup with default system driver, reinstall Focusrite driver, launch PT12.5 & select it from the hardware settings under the Setup menu.

Pro Tools will warn of hardware change requiring restart. Click Ok, OK again.
    Restart Pro Tools. Hopefully everything worked.

14. boomoperator

boomoperator Rock Star

Could also have to do with the driver operating at 44.khz while PT is set at a different samplerate, so try to change that value in the option panel of the driver before running PT. If you start PT with the N key pressed (all the way, until it's started up), the PT Playback Engine dialog will open, where you can alter it's driver- and samplerate settings.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. Patrick Nguyen

Patrick Nguyen Newbie

Thank you guys so much for your help. I've tried to delete the Pio files as @quadcore64 told and then it worked. I've deleted unused asio driver and last used driver (they are .pio file) Then PT now can work fluently. Thanks once again and hope you guys the best of lucks. :3

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  16. Curly123456

Curly123456 Member

have used for 3 years everyday. the odd quirk but nothing disastrous. I am curious about the people that say that 12.3 is better with bigger sessions but am too lazy to try it out.

17. Ariel Gonzalez

Ariel Gonzalez Platinum Record

maybe this will be off topic, (not to be understand as request) but have someone tried the dongle backup from media composer on any recent version of protools? i really have some doubts

18. Curly123456

Curly123456 Member

I work with large sessions - I can confirm this.