AudioUTOPIA Pro Tools (Troubleshooting)

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by BenIsJamin', Jan 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BenIsJamin'

BenIsJamin' Newbie

I've been having a few troubles with the AudioUTOPIA Pro Tools release, and I was hoping to see if: (1) If anyone experienced similar things, and; (2) If so, what the solution/workaround/alternative is?

I've made a couple projects in legit Pro Tools for Uni, so I used my old session files to test the functionality of this release:

[​IMG]

(1) The Hardware menu is altogether missing. Anyone else experienced this? This concerns me because the first thing I had to do to even open my session was align my "external clock" of 48kHz (my computer audio) to 44.1kHz (the session audio).
    There is another way to fix this though according to Avid (http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/troubleshooting/en376031): "Manually switch the Clock Source to "Internal" in the Hardware Setup window."
    Problem is.... where is this window?

(2) For obvious reasons, the stock plugins like Xpand!2 and AIR Reverb aren't included in the AudioUTOPIA Pro Tools. Are there ways to still get a hold of these? If not, what alternative plugins would you recommend?

3. danilaur

danilaur Newbie

Hi ,
    you can download Xpand and all the Air effect/pluging for audioz
    I've download them it works perfectly

4. megablox

megablox Ultrasonic

I have legit pro tools, and yes I HAVE the hardware selection on the drop down. i have never noticed this until you pointed it out, good find op

edit: looks like you have windows 8 or 10? maybe that might be the problem too? not sure, looks like someone else will have to chime in with theirs too see if it is an issue

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  5. miaik

miaik Member

Thats weird, i have Hardware as a first option in the menu, above Playback Engine. I have few troubles tho, first one was laaag, Pro Tools was soooo slow opening and basicaly doing anything took ages for Pro Tools to react. Poking around Playback engine i saw that H/W Buffer Size was blank :woot:, when i tried to click on it Pro Tools gave me a nice popup saying my device needs to be on one of the buffer sizes, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, but my device was already on 2048 :dunno:. So ive shut it down, then in my device panel switched the buffer size to 512, started Pro Tools again, and, voila, everything was working fine then :unsure: well, beside my faderport, from some reason, Pro Tools likes me to set it up every time i start a new session :sad:, also getting my mpk49 to work with it was pain.

My advice, open up playback engine, try to switch few things there, then shut Pro Tools down, then set up your devices in their panels, and start Pro Tools again, maybe it will work, try it.

Audioutopias Pro Tools, on win10 x64, with Presonus AudioBox VSL44

6. megablox

megablox Ultrasonic

hmmm that's weird...this is ALL WEIRD lol. must be a side effect of the ilok removal, never had that happen on the legit version. well as long as it works

7. eway

eway Ultrasonic

Hi,

It seems like PT 12 doen't support by itself changing the Frequency rate or even sample buffer size when a session is downloaded. and when launching PT 12 without loading a session you can't acces to the playback engine. I noticed something that may help you. It seems like PT load the clock and frequency rate at the state of your hardware is before starting PT. In your case it seems like your hardware isn't fully recognized by PT. Mine is working properly but I have to restart PT every time I made a single change.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  8. Aswad

Aswad Ultrasonic

as for pro tools it works fine its the kinda problem only few experience due to their units maybe or windows