AudioSex Updates

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Catalyst, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

[​IMG]
    Double The Fun
    1) Double the text per post - new [​IMG]
    2) Double the pics per post - new [​IMG]
    3) Double the media (Soundcloud, YouTube) per post - new [​IMG]

Other Notable Updates And Additions:
    1) Kontakt Guru promoted to staff and his work in the Kontakt section is nothing short of amazing. - new [​IMG]
    2) World News subforum. More subforums to come. - new [​IMG]
    3) More emojis added to AudioSex Emojis - new [​IMG]
    4) Gave away a 3 month, a 1 month and a ton of 48 hour coupons for Uploaded.net. More to come.[​IMG]
    5) Some awesome new members have signed up and are already hard at work helping out. We need more so join the team. [​IMG]
    6) Speaking of members: we're nearing 10,000!!! [​IMG]

Project Progress:
    1) Album project nearing completion. Amazing team, it's been really great working with you on this. Stellar!!! [​IMG]
    2) Secret project progressing better than even I had hoped. Excellent! AHAHAHAHAAA!!![​IMG] [​IMG]
    3) Planning stages begin for yet another important project. Cat where do you find the time for all the awesome? [​IMG]

4) I've begun arranging my notes and rough schematics into concise feature improvements and changes for the new AudioSex so when we've officially begun the relaunch we can integrate them quickly and painlessly. Prepare to be amazed...again. [​IMG]

[​IMG] My promise to you: this year will be an experience so big it will change your DNA.[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhHFfEC7d6k​
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm outta here, we've got work to do...
    [​IMG]

3. Demon

Demon Producer

On behalf of EVERYONE, thanks Catalyst; your work here is very appreciated.

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Thank you my friend, I really appreciate fine members such as yourself without whom I wouldn't even be able to do what I do. After all AudioSex is a team effort.[​IMG]

Indeed. [​IMG]

5. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

This should be interesting, Hey Cat will we get dislike & Like options like the mother site in the new audiosex(Pm if private) :bow:

6. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef Producer

I think having the option of 'disliking' something brings room for arguments and such. Not that its public who did it but its just a negative thing no one needs. If you dislike a post, most likely its breaking the rules. That or people should just ignore it and not dislike it.

In my opinion its available on the other site so people know if something does work, is broken, etc. So they downvote it. It would be of malicious use on here, as this is all just talking.

Just a 2 cent thought.

7. Regz

Regz Producer

Good times... :wink:

8. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I'm torn between your viewpoint and Organic's because I've thought about it before and not sure what would be best. :dunno:

I did point out to you in private I believe that most forums don't have a dislike feature. *no*

9. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

I believe they dont because its for talking and when talking it shouldnt be about disliking what someone says. Cause i could in turn every time i see someone post something about Country music, i dislike it? Well personally i hve more self-control than that, even if i do dislike it. The only time something should be 'disliked' is if it doesnt work, has problems, etc. And that wouldnt be on here. Think of the people who troll or dont have self-control, youll be getting dislikes on every post by 'one-posters' and trolls, which they could be doing just to obviously troll.

I havent downvoted a single post on the other site, only comments that were questionably against the rules (rude, flaming, links, language, senseless, etc). That is because its a RESPECT THING. When people vote you up they respect what youve done enough to give you a thanks and a thumbs. If they lack respect or there is an issue with what youve done then you downvote. And ive seen the work that goes into a post and because of that even if a posted thing on Audioz didnt work, i wouldnt downvote. Id kindly PM them and tell them. Ball is in their court after that.

Think of this, when have you EVER downvoted a comment or a post? And Why did you (disagree, argument, language, personal distaste, rulebreak)? What good did it do? Most likely it was something you didnt like or disagreed with, but it didnt achieve more than reporting the comment or post could achieve.

Guru knows we are :mates: and i almost always agree with him, im not even sure if it was a general question or a request (he wants it or just curious about it). But i just dont think its a good idea for the above mentioned reasons.

Its just a feature i think we could do without. Better use in other upgrades.

SIDE NOTE: I think posts have MORE than enough text allowed. I copy and pasted this HUGE article on my Logic X sandboxing thread, and it all fit. It was a bunch of stuff for computer nerds, but none-the-less it all fit. and it was alot. So much i didnt even read through it. not even an eighth of the text i read.

10. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Don't worry I'm going to wow you all before we relaunch or even talk features and you already know that it's going to be amazing when we finally do. It's going to be one blow after another, just you wait. [​IMG]

11. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

@Organic Great discussion :wink:

The like & dislike systems on all forums are different, Audioz seems to be one of the few that expose member rating and by whom but i can see this being improved::

Create a Rep Power Rating system instead:
    Dislike & Like would be internal, and you can add a message to go with it.

But if a member get hit with more than 5 dislikes, his/her given comment should be removed automatically or reviewed by a mod

We don't pretend we lived in a perfect world, all of us know this directly here, so why not have two sides to the equation.

For this to be a Community forum it need to work like a real Community, we must Like & dislike that's how we grow, could you imagine your family(us) telling you that you are perfect at mixing, then you go to different forums and do the same & they tell you that your garbage and need improvement which side would you be more mad at?

This is not a religious forum where we speak in the name of your lord, this is a place where we share ideas and help one another with honest replies and if we disagree/agree with something you said we should have that power to make that decision.

I can go on and on, but i like being short & sweet :hug:

In Conclusion:
    The current system is flawed and we agree on this, why should thanks be publicly viewed it only leads to someone to base an opinion on you which we have seen in the current past. I believe the Privatization of a like /dislike would be a welcome addition than the current system we have now and as always this is just my opinion and i have seen this same system work wonders on other forums.
    That would be all for now and thank you for taking the time to express your concerns it has been noted :bow:

12. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

This place just can't stop from keep gettin' more awesome. [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

I can see both sides of the street and the pros and cons to both.

I must say the being private about a like dislike does set a small 'connection' barrier. Me and another member (i forget who it was now exactly...) we 'thanked' (aka liked to an extent) on a similar comment on similar topics and didnt 'like' other comments of differing views etc. Simply it showed that we had something in common. I actually believe it was member SineWave???. or however its displayed. But it publicizes a similar thought which can build a connection to other members.

Though that incident didnt blossom into anything beyond basics, doesnt mean it hasnt happened before.

In the end, i am not an admin or a mod or the creator. And regardless of what system is put in, i will use the site and have no complaints. I use this version of AS without any complaints. It fulfills its purpose, it does it well, and i have no problems. And when the next one comes, it will be the only AS there is and i will use it no-less.

I will end on a famous quote....by most the evil ever villain...

You have no chance to survive make your time. All Your Base Are Belong To Us.[​IMG]

14. Vimmtolol

Vimmtolol Newbie

What is this secret project HMM?!HMMM?! :rofl: :rofl:

15. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

It's always our pleasure, thanks for appreciating it. It's gonna be quite a ride.[​IMG]

You'll find out soon enough. It's nice to have a little anticipation, something to wait for. I will say that it's one of the best projects that I've ever had the pleasure of working on here but also one of the most involved and demanding. However the team I've assembled...it's a thing of beauty.[​IMG]

16. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

I will also come with a new idea in the future, but i aint tellin' yet. I hope it will sound appealing to lots of members around here...

17. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] We broke 10,000 members mofos.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Who down for the Purge LOL+

19. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I'm always down for a good purge.[​IMG]

PS was that not the stupidest movie ever?

20. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

[​IMG]

21. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

[​IMG]<----------- Just speechless lol