AudioSex Reloaded

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by Catalyst, Jul 24, 2015.

?

Do You Like The New AudioSex?

1. Yes

37.5%
  2. No

8.3%
  3. I was so blown away by the pure awesomeness of it all that I seem to have forgotten where I am

54.2%
  1. webhead

webhead Audiosexual

Thank you very much. I said that mostly for vertical or square images. For the possibilty of one vertical image's enough to disorder. Signatures are for banners, we know that. So that's ok at least for me unless there's 4-5 long ones :}

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. Haze

Haze Producer

Job well done. :like:

Particularly like the fact that there's a clear distinction between posts via the dark background, much easier on the eyes. :cheers:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Sorry, but I don't like that dark background very much, i loved the previous bright white pages better.
    Also the user/member icons are way too big now, why wasting so much space?
    Some features are better than in the older Audiosex, but i miss the option for colored text.
    Looks like you guys prefer militaristic uniform look! I'm sarcastic, don't take it personal.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

It's slightly amazing to me that I read several negative comments about the AudioSex site's redesign (both before and after it happened) and find a mere (currently) 6.1% saying they don't like it with their votes. Change can be painful and scary. In this instance, the good outweighs the bad. +1 AudioSex! :like:

5. Haze

Haze Producer

Hey Kook, have you been looking in my wardrobe? :rofl:

6. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Add:
    – the floating Login box is also very annoying!!! :snuffy:
    Not possible for Firefox to store password. :crazy:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

Strange, I use FF and have no problems storing the password ?!? (version 39)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

No, you misunderstood something because of my faulty description. Firefox stores the password indeed, BUT
    it cannot auto-fill it in the Login-box!

Since many sites have adopted this Login module (floating window or outside of the browser),
    things get very annoying because you have to type in manually on every login.
    Facebook is actually a (lucky) exception.

9. davea

davea Platinum Record

There are tons of password manager /auto filler as FF addons, you should try it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

Yeah.. after trying for a week or so adjusting, still feel the old format was easier to read,
    and easier on the eyes, clearer and cleaner

but seems to be a lot of variability of opinion on this... soooo... :dunno:

have to note, can't even recall the previous look of the "Z" .. so I must be liking
    the appearance and function there... maybe the wayback machine has a snapshot :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2015
  11. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

The background color is just that, a background color. The text itself is on a white background and I don't see how it makes anything harder to read. Concerning the member avatar and stats, we personally feel it's better this way because the members are central to the site so why shouldn't they have a little more space to shine? Also there is an option for colored text, perhaps if you slow down, open up and approach the reloaded version of AudioSex as its own entity instead of comparing it to the old site, you'd have a better experience. Like Xyenz Fyxion stated, change can often be painful but it's how progress is made. Stagnation is death, even if it is familiar. [​IMG]
    Ever heard of password managers? I have highly recommended them on many previous occasions, not just for their ease of use but also because they remove keyboard input as an attack vector that can be exploited by keyloggers. I recommend looking into something like LastPass or Roboform, both of which have the added benefit of encouraging you to create stronger passwords through use of their respective password generation features. I use one myself and it has made my interaction with all the sites I use on a regular basis a breeze. They're also developed by companies that can offer you far greater security than what is provided by a nonprofit organization. On top of that, all of your log-ins are secured with a master password rather than being readily available to anyone that has physical access to your computer and user account. Give it a try, perhaps it will address some of your complaints about the new site and assist you in getting the most out of your AudioSex experience. :invision:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

@ Catalyst – Yep, I forgot that AudioSex and AudioZ as public sites can be
    potential targets for malicious hackers. For the other stuff: tastes are tastes...
    ...not everybody can like a certain design or a painting.

13. WolwerineBlues

WolwerineBlues Platinum Record

Thanx for everything AudioZ without you we would play rockdrum and ocarina :lmao::hug:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. kimikaze

kimikaze Platinum Record

Nope sorry don't like design, it is worse than previous. To much contrast between elements, al those black around and then white writing area is hard on eyes and not pleasant. Realy bad choice for pleasant reading. But i do like top bar and logo:)

15. Dalmation

Dalmation Kapellmeister

Big thanks to all involved for your dedication to providing this fantastic resource for our community. There is a lot going on 'under the hood' than most of us realise!

I have a suggestion I would like to offer. Can I do it here is this topic or is there another one elsewhere?

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  16. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Absolutely, it's impossible to please all of our members. I didn't expect everyone to like the changes but the funny thing is I knew who wouldn't before I even saw the results of the poll.:rofl:

It is possible to change the style by adjusting your preferences. Perhaps that can help make things more readable for you. Personally I find everything better on the new platform from the GUI to the functionality.
    Thanks a lot for the kind words and support. It's always our pleasure to support good people in the music community with the best platform and tools we can muster. There is indeed a lot going on under the hood and we're not even done with everything. I've had in mind to make a thread for suggestions but I'm waiting until the summer is over because we're not finished fixing bugs or implementing all the features that we had in mind and shortly we'll be unveiling some exciting changes which likely will be some of the items that will be suggested. So gives us a little time to fine-tune and then I'll open a thread for that purpose. :wink:

17. jaymo99

jaymo99 Platinum Record

Thanks for all your efforts and hard work, new site looks fantastic!!!!!

18. popeye

popeye Kapellmeister

Great site and thanks for all the hard work...........!