AudioSex.pro Official Cinematic Album (NEW UPDATE)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Introninja, Jun 21, 2016.

?

Should it be a Trailer or Story Based Album

Poll closed Jun 28, 2016.
  1. Trailer Album

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Story Album

24 vote(s)
    72.7%
  1. robbieeparker14

robbieeparker14 Producer

Good to see the extension. I think this will help the album have the true qualify we are looking for. Everyone also should aim to be more active within the thread to keep the ideas flowing and to help the composers connect more.

2. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

I know what a "deadline" means (working in architecture). But here a lot of things wasn't clear enough. I did not even get the "story" part till today and stuff. The date is postponed (i speculated in my previous post, that this couldn't work) - some are happy, some upset. But that's the way it is. Now I suggest:

1. As @robbieeparker14 said - let's get more active in thread, post music (or parts of it), ideas. And comment! Respect for those who posted their work, but (almost) nobody asked for criticism. And even less ppl expressed their opinions. Let's make a deal to write in our posts if we want opinion about our work (because some get offended if you comment). I surely would like constructive criticism on mine - the only way to learn. Otherwise we'll end up with a pile of tracks that could be categorized as "cinematic", but it'll be nothing special.

2. A humble request to recheck the main page, update it wisely (I know it takes time), so everyone can be absolutely sure that he/she is on the right track. And if anyone of us is unsure about anything, we should address the issue ASAP.
    Most important - more movement in this thread. More comments, questions, help, crazy ideas... otherwise 6 weeks from now the situation could be the same. Other opinions, suggestions..?

3. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Oh well what a break!

I would like to contribute, Im working on a track full of cinematic flavours. Im in a very advanced stage of the production, but sadly, I don´t think I would have the track perfectly done by the first. I guess that it would be ready by the 5th or 6th since I would have the weekend ahead...
    But even maybe the entire track is less cinematic than I think.

4. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

5. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Well, I wasn't aware of it at all, my break has lasted almost 9 months!

I haven´t read, produced downloaded, interacted with any one for all this long long long time :)

6. LuckySevens

Nice work Brian!!!

7. LuckySevens

Great musical ideas Luigi... but the orchestral sounds are very MIDI sounding, as if they are all coming from synths. Not sure if it will matter with THIS album but it certainly would pose a problem in "the real world" of music licensing and publishing. Otherwise... you are a very talented musician/composer...

8. Maven

Maven Member

So... October 1st then? :dunno:

9. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

for me the extension of the deadline is a good thing, because i've had a trip over the atlantic ocean in this month and i'm struggling now to finish the track for tomorrow... I've thought, if the track isn't good enough, i won't submit it. But due to this extension i can work now harder and offer something of quality. Fot the people that keeped the deadline is like at school, having done the homework and having free time now for other things, or to have time to re-work the tracks if there are corrections etc.

question: the Format of the album? double platinum CD? or digital release?

10. mrfloyd

mrfloyd Producer

Personally I am not interested in stories behind music pieces (unless they are about how they are recorded or in special cases which moment in life triggered particular music piece out, but rarely I find any music so interesting that I'd be interested to learn even that).
    I found the stories (or just images or feelings) that come out of my imagination naturally while listening a music piece quite sufficient so I agree with you LuckySevens. To me this request seams more of an excuse for moving the deadline.

So, considering:
    a) that the story request isn't a small addition for some who don't have any inclination to write
    b) that in many cases you don't need a story to write a cinematic piece or you might just have a feeling or vague idea
    c) that you might want your piece to work without the boundary of a single story
    d) that the request is being added in the last minute after many have started or even finished the work under original rules
    I'd suggest that we make it an optional feature, a composer's choice.
    OK?

Also in order to make it more easy I propose that even just one sentence (to give a little guidance to listener's imagination) should be enough if composer finds it sufficient for his music idea.

11. n0xin

n0xin Rock Star

you can see "story" as a short description of mood that inspired you to write that piece of music... I also don't have in mind to actually write the story... :dunno:

12. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

I agree with this.. Here we can meet half way. A couple of sentences (can be something abstract..) in which the composer exposes the motive driving the piece could be enough. Let our imagination work then..

Edit: "But why even bother with it?" - with this this I meant: why it would be useful to write some cues.. There is (can be) a thin line between a generic orchestral work and cinematic stuff (if you listen to music only). If I'm right about this, a couple of sentences can keep us on the cinematic side..

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  13. ned944

ned944 Moderator Staff Member

The idea behind the story was, that in the real world a composer would write a cinematic score to a script. A composer just does not Compose music to nothing. But we did not have a script to write to. Hence, we went with the story idea. Everyone should be capable of putting together a few sentences to illustrate the meaning behind their song. the ideas you are illustrating. writing a story and composing a song are almost synonymous with each other. You are simply providing the script for your own composition, the story behind the veil. If you have artwork that an accompany your composition, submit that as well. It is all part of the creative process, and in the end, could be incorporated within the release of the final project.

This will be an all digital release. Artwork and stories, will be included in a PDF magazine available with the Digital Album.

14. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

1. Trailer Album
      9 vote(s)
      27.3%
    2. *
      Story Album
      24 vote(s)
      72.7%

15. boogiewoogie

boogiewoogie Platinum Record

Haha I did not take part in this, but the story thing is natural for me. If you make cinematic music, you usually make up stories in your mind. At least I always do that. I never just "make music". I always make up a story / idea / premise, and then I make the music to fit that story in my mind. For me, to make music "for nothing" just doesn't work. The story of a key element.

If you make dance music etc, I guess it is very different. But to make epic orchestral music, you need to have some story with spaceships, orcs, wizards, dragons, whatever in there. At least I do.

16. lluisxvi

lluisxvi Ultrasonic

Without a better idea, I will give a step backwards

17. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

Sometimes even dance music has a starting point for an idea. It's not as complex, but it usually starts with an idea in mind; and that's a really good thing to do honestly, to make up a story/ambience or something for the music

18. webhead

webhead Audiosexual

Having a story in your mind is a thing, writing it is another thing. And it's harder if you don't write it in your native language. I guess that has caused us to worry about.

I have a story but I'll probably will tell you like this:
    "There's a soldier. He goes to war. He kills someone. Then he's injured. He decides to not give up, and starts to fight again." :)
    I think there will be no problem about such an expression for our mods, but still I'll try to get help for it :}

19. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Track's done, although it might be considered too simple, but after several attempts to make it more complex, I felt it lost the feeling of the original one, so that's what I'm putting forward. Story is written, but not typed out yet (man I hate typing) Have also written a short piece on the making of the track (not sure if you want it). Not typed out yet(man I really hate typing). I did this as I didn't use a computer to make this, so had to sequence and play it live, but it's quite interesting how it all came together. Will zip and post to the mods when I've typed it up (which I'm going to hate doing, cos I hate typing) along with 2 copies of the track. 1 straight out of the hardware, so plenty of headroom. 2 A kind of mastered one, to give you a better idea of what I was aiming for, but ultimately whoever is mastering can do what they feel is best. I don't have an Orfium account, so they can post the mastered one there if they deem it worthy.

20. robbieeparker14

robbieeparker14 Producer

hows everyones song coming? mines finally starting to come together heres a short video i took a few weeks ago, still in very early production.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List