AudioSEX and AudioZ: Separation or other Solutions?

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by ned944, Dec 25, 2015.

?

Separation of AudioSEX and AudioZ

1. Yes

43.4%
  2. No

56.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Oh, yes. I never realised that taking the piss out of someone could be so........... educational. :chilling:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  2. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

navigating between nadir zenith vectoring upwards
    hey, all caring members :hug:,
    that is one of the most important intended aspects of the site. :yes:

all the best for all of us... :bow:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  3. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

yes.. and it's good that we have explored every angle of the "issue" [​IMG]

:bow:

4. KingzDubStep

KingzDubStep Ultrasonic

The long term members are leaving and they are being replaced by whiny newbies who only care about new releases and nothing else, there is no community here anymore. what happened to all the people that were screaming a few days ago about banning certain members, they haven't posted since.

it seems that like life, the people who contribute the least but make the most noise get the most attention.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

hello, caring membership presences :hug:,
    there were, might be at the present too, some long time members, serving with their knowledge all along, then leaving, the site sadly feeling the loss. :sad:

several members, with similarly long times behind them on site, are still present, trying to participate in this thread, hopefully will succeed too, in at least getting to somewhere with this present brainstorming stage. :yes:
    one might begin to feel to be compelled to think so, the thread is here to express every possible viewpoint element hoping to find the remedies to cure the present situation. :yes:

the court jester of the emperor from the great realm of utopia hears, then writes, all the best for all of us, plus then some... :bow:

6. farao

farao Rock Star

LOL, "welcome back" Remix. You promised not to come back and it is a shame you did because nothing good will come out of it. You only stir up bad feelings with your inflammatory comments meant to do harm to this place. The downvoting spree that you now are continuing against the same members as you assaulted with your Remix account is of course against the rules. I am sure the Saint and moderators would like to see that there is clear proof that you started this new account. I will gather the proof and send it to them. Meanwhile I think others have the right to know who is hiding behind this new account, and that is why I am writing this post. To let others know.

Edit: KingzDubStep account has been reported to the moderators with clear proof that the account was started by the same Remix that went havoc in the forums just recently.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  7. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

That's an interesting point. The rate of churn; i.e the ratio of people leaving vs. people joining.
    There are three possibilities:
    1. fewer people leave than join, leading to an overall increase in membership.
    2. the opposite case, where membership declines owing to new member uptake failing to match exit rate.
    3. equilibrium, where the number of people leaving equals the number of people registering for membership.

@Rico88: How would banning people on the grounds of vexatious posts alter the rate of churn? Help us out here, bro'.

@KingzDubStep: Would compelling or forcing members to use both X and Z create an aggregate increase in page impressions with a knock-on effect of more views per advertisement, thus bolstering revenue stream capital from ads and/or sponsorship?

@ned944: exercising a mandate that warez requests (not discussion, just requests) belong only on Z might so badly disenfranchises members of either X or Z that the strength of the Audio(n) brand diminshes.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. KingzDubStep

KingzDubStep Ultrasonic

i have no idea what you are talking about with regards to this. the owner and mods are most welcome to look into this and see for themselves that you are totally wrong. ive liked and dislike many things on here since i joined so why you feel the need to point out a few things ive dislike of your seems paranoid to say the least.

9. farao

farao Rock Star

I have reported your new account, so we will see who is paraniod or simply correct.

As an example: If you discount downvotes from the Remix account, then your new account that you started just a couple of days ago is the source of more dislikes than the whole community has given me since I became a member over a year ago. And this started just as you stopped your crazy downvoting spree with your Remix account. Anyoneone who would think that is a coincidence really should take up math. I am willing to help out with the probability part.

I will not discuss this further publicly in the forum unless somthing crazy happends. The only reason I did bring it up was to warn others of who is hiding behind the account as I think they have the right to know.

10. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

hello, farao, caring members hello too :hug:,
    thanks for your information. :bow:
    many thanks for your sensible consideration, with special regards to this thread. :bow:

best, for all of us, is what is wished for... :bow:

11. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

everything is all ok, there are no problems with either sites, I don't really know what all the fuss is about, enjoy what you have, the forum is alive and well and working, the warez is there for all to share and enjoy, happy happy, joy joy :mates:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. ned944

ned944 Moderator

@DarthFader i do not think that Banning Warez requests from AudioSEX would do anything to Diminish the Brand of either site.

I don't think the issues is causing a massive migration of members yet, it is rather a major nuisance that is driving them in to the background and stifling their contribution and enjoyment of the Forum. It is also certainly diminishing the brand now for anyone new that see's the kind of activity that goes on.

It is true that the loudest voice is the one that gets heard, and that voice right now is the leechers, warez junkies, and other trolls that cruise these forums every day filling it with garbage and setting a bad tone for everyone else. I have tried to be rational and civil in this thread, but unfortunately there are members that still try to stir trouble when there is no need for it. for the most part this thread has been a community conversation surrounding a general brainstorming session on some solutions to issues that may help to improve the forum experience for all the members here.

no where in this thread was any mention that we were trying to implement these on our own. This is @SAiNT's site and it is ultimately his decision to act upon any perceived issues he believes are happening to this forum. We are guests here nothing more, but we all should act with respect.

Despite my open and honest statement to you @Bennett.Jackson you told me to "GFY" even included a nice little animated "GiF" why? was that conducive to our conversation here? Do you not like the forum that @SAiNT provided for you? Do you feel it is ok to just be rude and insult and treat members as such? If so maybe you should just leave and find somewhere else to hang out, which is more to your liking. I did not know you until this thread so, first impressions are telling.

Not all of my posts here have been 100 percent positive, we all grow and learn, and i have slipped as well, had bad days, and said things in anger, but you have to have a balance my friend. so you mentioned my # of posts in this forum, and yes it is high for this thread, and that is because this forum is something that I believe in and stopping things from destroying it is a cause i feel is important enough to speak out about. but read thru the rest of my posts @Bennett.Jackson they are about music not about negativity.

@DarthFader, I don't believe that the mindset of the users of both AudioZ and AudioSEX are completely one and the same, there is a certain percentage of similarity between the two, but their is a more professional, educational, and musical appeal for those that stay at AudioSEX vs. those that visit on a whim from AudioZ looking for perhaps more goodies from AudioZ. Those that Look, Lurk, or Never come back and stay on AudioZ.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  13. eddielee

eddielee Kapellmeister

I still cant work out where everyone is getting this idea about banning Warez on AS thats just not what was said ? ...what is being suggested is we give warez its own section nobody here is anti warez that would be a contradiction...
    Its just the warez discussions are pissing on the music discussions and visa versa ..

I dont understand why a lot of members are not in favor of this .. a dedicated warez section for discussion .... would be helpful no ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

discussion is fine, requesting is not, that's what the other site is for, it's a simple matter of this site being moderated to follow the rules set out for it, maybe there ought to be more mods? so that at any time of day at least one mod is online? at the moment this is not happening, so there are a few mods on each 8hr time zone which would give 24 hour coverage? just a suggestion, not a rant

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  15. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

hello, caring members :hug:,

with all the constructive ideas, suggestions, coming up till present, could we, shall we, begin to compile the points most participants are able to see as agreeable, or shall we all still wait for new suggestions?

later edit, post scriptum, please, take the different time zones in consideration where we are to spend our time on this gravity ridden mud ball... :bow:

best, for all of us... :bow:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. farao

farao Rock Star

:mates::mates::mates:

LOL, I appreciate your irony. :bow:

Since you obviously think the information is somehow superflous, unneeded or unwanted, I am sorry that I was not able to exclude you personally. I now whis you could be spared the facts that a member who lost it completely and reverted to personal attacks and very grave insults is back under another name, seemingly starting to spread the same hate about how bad this forum is as he used to, with really bad results (if you do recall). I do apologize that you now have that information. Please accept my deepest apoplogies. I am sorry if your brain had to let go of some other more important information as a trade-off. :bow:

:mates:
    Edit: Since I have now gotten explained to me that the post I qouted was not ironic at all, my post (which is ironic) is totally meaningless. I misunderstood it and I'm sorry for that.

17. Kohornis

Kohornis Noisemaker

I absolutely agree with this! ;) It's the easiest thing to do and will hopefully adress most of the warez related issues. Is it just me, or did the warez spam stopped a bit during the last 2 days or so? It seemed like when people learned abot the iLok2 crack they became mad for a few days. :D

18. eddielee

eddielee Kapellmeister

no request was made ? a discussion was started ? I understand where your coming from regards to the rules but it just isn't working there are flame wars everywhere you look so why not section just for discussing warez that would help the mods no ? to be honest most of the shit doesn't need moderation just common sense ... and I am under no illusion this would not solve everything anyway you will always get some who are intent on cause shit ?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

hello, farao :hug:,
    please do not do this, it was not meant with any irony, just please keep that matter out from this thread until there is answer from the moderators or from the site owner, just this is what is meant by that post. :bow:

certainly, not my prerogative to judge what is helpful, what is not, just want to ask, please take the nature of this thread into consideration. :bow:

this thread is for what is stated countless times, that is why, even if every one of us is grateful for your information, it is just one thing that does not seem to be really very helpful for it. :bow:

please, believe me, even if what is written by me is often sarcastic, this one is, also my former post was, totally in absence of such things. :bow:

hope you will understand, can not express my apologies in any other way if you feel like before, just please do not do that. :bow:

thanks for your information again, hope my motives are rather cleared up now, wish you all the best, plus then some, then the same amount for all of us... :bow:

20. meggedu2

meggedu2 Kapellmeister

Well the reason Warez is related to this forum is because the threads are published on AudioZ. This means any scavenging troll who comes across Audioz will end up finding this. This site is basically advertising on a Warez site yet so many people here want it separated. Until this forum's feed is taken off AudioZ completely I think its a bit naive to want to keep it separate.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List