AudioSEX and AudioZ: Separation or other Solutions?

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by ned944, Dec 25, 2015.

?

Separation of AudioSEX and AudioZ

1. Yes

43.4%
  2. No

56.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ned944

ned944 Moderator

Just a means to get attention @Herr Durr , and yes i wanted @SAiNT to see that his members cared about what was going on and perhaps, or hope that he would step in or provide more direction to the MODS to solve the issues that were getting out of hand at this forum. I care about AudioSEX as do many other members, for what it has to offer musicians, producers, the music community as a whole, newbie and professional alike. It is only @SAiNT that can make a change here, but it seems like lately the only voices being heard are those of the Trolls and leechers, so i wanted to start a conversation to allow the silent voice a place to be heard. Hopefully I have done that and it was not in vain We shall see. This was that attempt, and i believe it was positive and effective. it survived the trolls attempts to trash and sidetrack it and shows that reason, respect, calm, and rationale talk can happen despite those attempt to destroy it. so thanks to all. PEACE.

May the new year bring more that you expect, and may we all learn to repect and think twice before we act against another, for the world is already full of enough anger and deceit for a 1000 lifetime. We do not need anymore, and this should not be a home for any of that, but a refuge to escape from that when we need a small moment of peace from the madness of the surrounding reality of the current world!

2. ned944

ned944 Moderator

@Bennett.Jackson Peace my friend, may the new year bring you what you heart desires. hate only brings hate my friend. Enjoy life' be free.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

Nice to see a dialog again, if you guys display musicality in text form then all I´m asking from my visits here is satisfied, despite the content.
    In my case it`s BreakBeat/Dn´B, ofc. :hillbilly:
    The destination of this conversation isn`t decided, yet? Well, then we`ve headroom left ...
    Just to share our thoughts, think them together on a particular matter instead of right&wrong games and: "Hey, you changed the pressure of my deflated ego without request, hence my punishment is justified!"
    Who else could have a deep grasp of "there is no fight outside of yourself" as a person with expressed musicality? (uhm... maybe a martial artist ... you get the point!)
    As much as I agree with most of your ideas, making propositions to @SAiNT is not my place. He was around earlier this day and certainly we`ll read from him soon.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

I'm not sure I understand what your concerns are. Specifically, who exactly do you think is suddenly going to seize an abundance of power and exert their dominance over the forum?

Nothing can go into effect without SAiNT. He makes the rules, he assigns the mods who enforce the rules. So it's not as if there is some coup d'etat in place to usurp his power.

I also don't understand what anyone stands to lose by relocating all the "Why no Nexus yet?" style conversations into their own area.

5. No hate here, why, you feel in that way?

All I see wit you is confusion with term "OP". I told it mean original poster, not only poster. So much controlling you 1/3 posts of whole thread :o)

You ever hear term, The invisible hand?
    not much invisible here, right?

Off to bed, goodnight mr. friend.

6. If all peeps here were beleiving that, whole thread could be substitute with email to Saint asking his future plans with this forum. Apology if you disagreement.

goodnight

7. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

@sideshowbob: What a brilliant post! :like:
    Dayum - you nailed it, man. This is a jam session.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

Yeah, @ned944 needs to be pushy, still ... Just feeling it´s getting groovier ...:break:
    Appreciate you taking the challenge @ned944, Nicely done!

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

I would say threads like this are just a barometer to gauge the feelings of the users, also some brainstorming as to what could be a mutually agreed upon solution for all people with an investment in the forum.

Maybe SAiNT will take an interest in such things, maybe not. The question is why would SAiNT ever change the setup unless he knew a large portion (close to 50%) of users were dissatisfied, and more specifically what they were unsatisfied with.

It's not a democracy here, no, but I believe SAiNT has some type of interest in making AS & Z a place worth visiting. Is a place with high noise to signal (lots of trolls and useless bickering) going to maintain its viability for very long? Not likely.

Edit: But yes, some elucidation on what (or if) SAiNT is planning to do with the forum/sites would certainly be welcome. Maybe if/when he has some time we will be fortunate enough to hear something.

10. eddielee

eddielee Kapellmeister

I indirectly started this thread ... and I have followed it beginning to end
    When i suggested separation of AS and AZ it was not my intent to totally dissociate the two ... I had seen to growing flame wars and thought it would be a good idea to have a kind of separation of warez and straight musical talk... I think if we had a section in AS totally dedicated to warez talk and kept it strictly there its a win win for both sides of the argument is it not ?????? I can not understand why every cant see this it will help peeps looking for warez information find it more speedily .....

there will always be flame wars this thread has demonstrated a lot of that itself and its not been about WAREZ ... so I know we will never totally eradicate it ... but every little helps

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  11. eddielee

eddielee Kapellmeister

saint has always encouraged everyone to speak up ... it was one of his complaints about the last catgate that if members would have been more vocal it might not have come to what it did...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  12. ned944

ned944 Moderator

@eddielee Yes, thank you for the Initial Push to get this discussion focused, it has indeed brought a lot of like minded minds to the table. and as you referred to, @SAiNT has always encourage open discussion, which is why i wanted to start this and bring him to the conversation, this is his site, and we are guests here, but like @Rasputin mentioned, he most certainly does have a vested interest in this sites success or he would have abandoned it long ago. So a healthy discussion about ideal solutions while not direct policies of change may be ideas that @SAiNT can use to spur his own ideas that he can implement in his own manner to change this forum to achieve better function and alleviate these issues for all of us.

No one here was looking for power, just a brainstorming of ideas and opinions towards a mutual goal of problem solving.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  13. rico888

rico888 Producer

I honestly have no clue as to what SAiNT thinks about a thread like this, but I can specifically say that I've seen him mention in the past that he wished people had contacted him about certain things that were going on. However, PM'ing him about problems or concerns is quite different from a thread like this. Whether he is just as supportive over this method, again, I don't know, but I do think all of this could have been accomplished by a single PM to him from the thread starter, who it seems based on post count, was mostly interested in hearing what he himself had to say, anyway.

You also might be careful about mentioning Cat -- the thread starter seems quite touchy about that and becomes agitated. Then again, I suspect that may just involve different rules for different people in that particular persons' mind. Yogi Berra was never by this forum but had he dropped in he might have commented, it's deja vu all over again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. rico888

rico888 Producer

That's a really creative, brilliant sort of analogy. I don't think you'll get much support here for the part of your post in which you comment that this forum will, 'never be anything great'. But the rest of it, IMO, reflects a really keen mind. If that's the sort of comparison you're able to conjure, I would really love to hear your music someday. If its as creative as that, it must be good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. ned944

ned944 Moderator

My friend @rico888 Glad you were able to lend your voice to our conversation as well. Thank you for your input as all input is welcomed from all members. Civil and respectful conversation is never looked on as bad, and is encouraged. I hope the new Year brings you all that you wish, and good health. Peace my friend.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  16. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

navigating between nadir zenith vectoring upwards
    hello, all caring members :hug:,
    there were, still there are, at least two pages without mentioning the c-name. :yes:

those pages were full with constructive ideas, solution seeking posts, seemingly without any deja vu causing touchiness. :yes:

all of this was one of the most elevating feeling to be seen succeeding. :yes:
    deluge of gratitude particles are vectoring in your direction, for pointing your doubts in all this out, for descripting SAiNT's supposedly burdening decision concerns. :bow:

after the brainstorming in this thread, the possibility of the private mail is still there to become the solution, many thanks for the clue given. :bow:

bringing anyone's post count in the thread up within negative context perhaps helps also to see who is genuinely concerned about the present state of the site, thus have to express many thanks for pointing this out too. :bow:

several of those posts are there only written in the attempt to answer your recurrent assumptions, questions compelling into the defensive, thus bringing this up serves rather as one unethical weapon for trying to discredit the original poster, used for the whole thread. :yes:

all the best for all of us, me boss says, as does always, then me hears it, then me tries to bring all of that here... :bow:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  17. [​IMG]

There is old expression in Romanian. English translate is difficult but something like, piss only good when it come out yellow. It meant to speak of showing your "true colors". You know, not speaking English well do not mean you are blind.:dont:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
  18. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Wow! If you had simply said "GFY", I would never have known anything at all about Romanian piss theory.

19. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

Do you mind if I ask what your ultimate purpose is on this forum, or what direction you would like this forum to go in the future?

No moderation at all? No enforcement of any kind of order, just a total free-for-all? Anything goes, nothing on topic, no respect needed between members?

I'm having a hard time understanding what your position is on the matter.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

navigating between nadir zenith vectoring upwards
    hey, DarthFader, all caring members hello too :hug:,
    heavenly feeling to be in the know now, is it not? :wink:

all the best for all of us... :bow:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    • Dislike Dislike x 1