AudioSEX and AudioZ: Separation or other Solutions?

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by ned944, Dec 25, 2015.

?

Separation of AudioSEX and AudioZ

1. Yes

43.4%
  2. No

56.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

navigating between nadir zenith vectoring upwards
    hello, all caring members :hug:,
    this forum was great enough for the many of us to join. :yes:
    when one looks at the general tone, the themes coming up in the threads, the level of helpfulness, civility, knowledge, in the earliest period, all of these were clearly enough to make it worth to come by routinely. :yes:
    recently, there are some changes, those could, should, be addressed, that is why this thread exists. :yes:
    nothing is set in stone, only what already has happened. :bow:
    people are just trying to find some workable solution. :bow:
    that is why the separation of the two sites came up as one of the possible solutions. :bow:
    there could be the other site for warez related everything, this site could became, to grow into, the really really really professional audio lover forum. :yes:
    there always exists the chance to grow, these times are, perchance, the best to shape, then to make, the necessary steps in that direction. :bow:

strongly hope that you do not regard the above as one of the usual personal attacks, not any of it is intended as such, just perhaps stating things in the negative might not help as much as trying to find some common ground, then when with that found, anything to help with the present situation. :bow:

wish all of us the best of the best, as usually done, plus then some... :bow:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  2. ed-enam

ed-enam Rock Star

Exercising basic etiquettes of respect and tolerance towards each other which we were taught at home will help maintain the decorum with less moderation.

3. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

hey, all caring members :hug:,
    these were in the past, could also be in the present, should also be in every moment, the usual norm, not on this site only, but in every small segment of our lives. :)

wish all of us the best... :bow:

4. ed-enam

ed-enam Rock Star

That's all we need bro. Simple equation!

5. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

I am in support of this or similar.

I understand the need to troubleshoot installers, non-working presets, loading of encrypted libraries, etc. and also factual info like the date of particular releases, catalog of NFO files, etc. but requests should be immediate deleted and the poster warned. That should include posts like "I wish <foo> was out (for platform <x>)" unless the legit version itself hasn't been released.

There's nothing totalitarian about moderation, really. It's just a matter of clearly defining rules and what is allowed and not allowed. It's only when someone takes it upon themselves to moderate to their own standards above-and-beyond the stated rules that it becomes unreasonable.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

would add the highest ethical principles in any of our communication attempts, if am allowed. :yes:

the court jester of the emperor from the realm of utopia wishes you all the best of the best, then some more added... :bow:

7. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

Personal attacks like that should be swiftly dealt with. There's just no productivity in it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

also... unethical aggressive manipulative techniques, logically fallacious statements, evaluativeness, devaluativeness, belittlingness, sockpuppet operations, there are so many such thangz coming up here lately... :sad:

how does one define these clearly?

should one always point these out if, when, experienced?

should one point to certain sites, certain books, where all these occurrences are explained, including also why the usage of these is so disruptive?

perchance are these all used just for the sake of disruptiveness?

all the best for all of us, the court jester hears from the boss... :bow:

9. ned944

ned944 Moderator

Gentleman @Rasputin @nadirtozenith @AHM All of you make Exellent Points, As i had stated, the Topic Title was meant to start a Conversation towards a solution, not as a definite solution. An open Calm and positive discussion is what was needed to solve our issues.

And is still my friend!

This is needed now more than ever, and i Believe would help establish a more professional air about this forum more than anything. Beautiful point Sir!

Warez is in use by all of us so for it to not be discussed was not my point, it was the leechers attitude, requests, ect. that is the issues, and the suggestion for a dedicated section in the forum for this purpose is a great solution that would help to confine and contain the issue of warez to a subforum, without clouding the rest of the forum, along with enhanced moderation that could well solve the issues we are facing.

I agree as well sir

10. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

not by me :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  11. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Could not the Lounge section on 'Z' be better promoted? It appears to be lagging behind AS in terms of usage and/or popularity.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

the great idea could even be turned into reality with sections added as needed for all the discussions in relative proximity to rather that site. :yes:

pray do wish all the best for all of us... :bow:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

I think that strikes at one of the roots of the perceived problem. In my opinion, AS has become the de facto forum of Z rather than things relevant to Z being posted primarily over at Z.

Again, in my opinion, AS should be primarily focused on music (production, theory, networking with talent, etc.) with an allowance for appropriate discussions about Scene/warez/etc. topics instead of the go-to dumping ground for everything Z related. It's almost as if unless it fits directly and specifically into the comments section of a particular release over at Z then it winds up here instead. And what's even more, that same "can I haz Syncrosoft plz?" content is often needlessly duplicated over here too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

this makes sense to me :) +1

15. ned944

ned944 Moderator

I'm not sure if this is possible but, since there is a request section available at AZ, and you can post comments under posts there. Can that somehow be modified to serve as a mini forum area for Warez related discussion along with requests, as it also resides on the front page, with the feed from AZ, and then perhaps that could serve to alleviate some of that being directed at AudioSEX? While we could still have a section in the Lounge dedicated to issues, the main brunt of the Warez could stay on AudioZ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. returnal

returnal Rock Star

I had no idea that there is a Lounge section on Z - so yes, it could be much better promoted.

EDIT: so after writing the above I went to Z to check out the Lounge. Of course I have been there before, I just forgot that it was called the Lounge. I suppose I never considered having forum style, warez related conversations there because it has always felt more like a FAQ, with most posts being from moderators who are giving step-by-step advice to newbies on very specific issues. That said, I'm glad I just visited now, because I came across this very interesting personal essay on the nature of piracy and anti-piracy by famous author Paolo Coello.
    I will refrain from posting a link, as I'm not sure I'm allowed to post links to that terrible, dastardly, cesspool of a site here on AudioSEX. :no:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

When I joined here ( not that long ago really) X was really a peaceful place, almost sleepy. Sooo they wanted to
    jazz it up ( pretty jazzy these days eh? ) Now it looks a good deal like the Z too.. same tint at least, but would that be enough
    to cause the cancer ? Ok I won't dwell on WHY, and we are really dwelling on how now to get to some reasonable state of
    normalcy here. Do we have a concrete and workable list of tactics that would bring loon and goon volume down some?

I mean, can a list of responses to be dealt with in code be forwarded to Senor SAiNT that would help calm things down?
    And list of suggestions regarding mods and mod powers if some automatic measures just won't cut it.
    He may be busy enjoying his holiday away from all this work here right about now, and who could blame him?

Sorry if I'm being redundant, and maybe you are planning just that. Or I missed somewhere, someone can paste a
    relevant quote for my tired old conductor eyes... :bleh:

I just remember before all this hoopla the X was a perfectly tame place to drop in and share or pick up a helpful idea or two.
    I have read some say this happening because of a coordinated troll attack....I'm starting to think it could be true... :unsure:

@nadirtozenith really digging your signature link... nice one :wink:,
    could really be helpful to those would heed

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. ned944

ned944 Moderator

@Herr Durr That sounds like a good idea, and I'm sure @SAiNT would appreciate the input. possible contact one of the MODS as well about the ideas you have, @ArticStorm, I think Automatic measures would not be the answer because they could blanket to broadly in certain cases.

These are sound and rationale solutions and ideas that are coming out here and I'm so glad that you guys have participated in this discussion. Far better than all the attacks and bickering that has been going on here the past week.

Thank You!

19. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

Frankly @ned944 It's not clear to me where you are going with this,
    except I get you want to draw SAiNT into the "conversation"

when it might be better to submit a plan of action for him to approve in whole or in part, as he sees fit, and according to his
    values, and goals for his projects. Either way , he is the man , and will be the one to decide, we're all here because
    of his work, so thanks to the man ! Happy New Year all !

20. I look at comments here. This not about music now, it about politics. Some here with much interest in power. It move closer + closer to same problem as with old leadership. Not good.