AudioSEX and AudioZ: Separation or other Solutions?

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by ned944, Dec 25, 2015.

?

Separation of AudioSEX and AudioZ

1. Yes

43.4%
  2. No

56.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. returnal

returnal Rock Star

I agree that the forum has been a shit show lately, but I can't deny that I like that there is one place on the net I can go and actually discuss warez with other audio nuts. So naturally I would hope that any solution would still provide that opportunity in some way. As much as the shenanigans here have been annoying over the past week, I think we should let some time pass before doing anything too drastic to the forum. I think the cracking of iLok 2 brought all of the yahoos out of the woodwork, but I also believe most of them will trail off and disappear as the hype over the iLok crack calms down. Once that has happened we can see where we're at and reassess. Until then we can try to exercise toward this forum some of what we're demanding from the gimme-gimme noobs … patience.

2. That good, very good! So many peeps here thinking they should be boss --- 'this what we need' -- 'that what we need'!!!!! Big brite ideas no body ask for in first place. Saint do just fine without all these new boss with brite ideas and new threads about those ideas to match. Let Saint handle. Have fun on site without spend so much time telling everyone what we need to be doing next. Saint big successful with this. Let him do his job, site will be A-okay.

3. holy moly! You one big phony, man. You makin me gag. Once I go to Hall of Justice, I tell Judge I sorry for something. He say, if you sorry you wouldn't have done it in first place.

Mr ned944, If you sorry you wouldn't have done it in first place either!

4. recycle

recycle Guest

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life…..

Stop talking about warez
    Stop talking about Ilok
    Stop talking about mac please, pc please
    Stop talking about requesting
    Stop talking about old audiosex, new audiosex
    Stop talking about ban
    Stop talking about trolls
    Stop talking about the moderators
    Stop talking about Catalyst

5. You forget:
    Never make a pretty woman your wife:rofl:

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Excellent advice. :wink:
    I think I'll add one more thing to the list. Perhaps make it a New Year resolution for 2016;
    I shall stop reading the threads that piss me off.:invision:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. The Iceman

The Iceman Kapellmeister

I agree that guy started the whole mess pretty much!

8. ned944

ned944 Audiosexual

@returnal that is one possibility, but if it does not work we still need to look forward towards future issues that will be caused by the same group or more people of the same mind set.

@Bennett.Jackson It isn't a set in stone suggestion just an idea to get the discussion ball rolling towards a positive solution. I , and I'm sure I'm not the only one, would like to see this Forum Grow in 2016 beyond where it now stands and rise above where it currently stands. solving this issues is one of the stepping stone towards that growth. this is something that will require SAiNT's involvement to do, if you have read this thread I have asked for him to join us, and it cannot be done without him. I just wanted to start a conversation amongst the community so SAiNT could see how some of his members felt. He most certainly would like to know how his members feel about his projects, and for you to decide that our voices don't matter to him is beyond arrogant. So would you stop him from hearing from us? Any of you? Do you feel that you are the one to decide that SAiNT should not hear how we feel about the Forum he created for US?

Sorry this was edited to clear up the context of my statements

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  9. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Thnx for the nice words rico888 :mates:

10. The Iceman

The Iceman Kapellmeister

LOL!!!

11. You got this all backwards Mr. New Boss Man. Saint is boss, he ask you to join him, not other way. You only guy here sound like arrogant. If Saint need you to take polls for rest of us, I think he let us know. I not see him appoint you anything. You sounds more + more like Cat of a different color if you know what I meaning. You try to do much more here then 'starting conversation', like you say.

Saint boss enough round here. Mods okay, just fine too. Who are you?

12. ned944

ned944 Audiosexual

well stated @Bennett.Jackson I'm just a friend of the community that is AudioSEX. :)

13. You know why I gives it dumb rate? You better in English than I ever be. I struggle with it on and on. You must be very high education. So why then think clever to speak in circles and riddles that few understand? To have power to speak so good is power I wish I have. It dumb not to use it. If I could do that I would try use it well. You so smart, why don't you?

14. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

navigating between nadir zenith vectoring upwards
    Bennett.Jackson,
    am also no native speaker of this language, struggling with it myself, even understanding the intention behind your sentences makes the spongiformed tissues in my cranium loads more porous. :bow:

was never asked to level with anyone's understanding until now, perhaps this really is the time to give the matter some more serious thinking. :bow:

might or might not have high or even higher education, that would not have any chance to change my style, like it or not, this is as it is. :bow:

you seem to have no problems with the understanding of other people's posts, also your language capabilities seem to be improving from post to post responded, congratulations for that. :bow:

me also hopes these sentences are simple enough for you to not rate this post as the former one, if you have any problems, there exist many online vocabularies, eager to reach out to you with all the help needed to decipher the riddles. :bow:

me thinks, if you are incapable of understand something, the dumb rating will not bring the understanding closer to you, of course, it is your choice, your solution, your life, well played, sockpuppet, well played... :bow:

looking forward to hear from you soon, yours sincerely, wish you all the best... :bow:

later edit, post scriptum, before forget, sorry for the off topic explanation... :bow:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  15. ned944

ned944 Audiosexual

Once again I am just trying to open up a public discourse on AudioSEX and the behaviors of the last weeks and month. this forum was and is a fantastic resource for knowledge and community! It has however been tarnished as of late be the smudge of warez related issues. some due to the cracking of iLOK 2, others relating to asking for more when this has already been a phenomenal month of releases from R2R, audioUtopia, HEXWARS, PitchShifter, and all of the many Sample Release Teams, and anyone that I may have missed, my Apologies and RESPECT.

Let me try to clear some issues up;

1a. I am not talking about not being able to discuss the software that you have acquired from AZ.
    We all use warez and thats a fact. If you have questions on the Fabfilter EQ your using, or perhaps Studio One 3, or Waves, and how that is being used in the production of your music, or how to use it, or such, that is what this forum is about.

1b. If however you want to ask why this wasn't released for MAC, or request this from R2R, or whine that Windows has received this why not MAC. That is not acceptable here, it is in the rules. No exceptions. Why is that so hard to understand?

2a. Aggressive and abusive attitudes towards members are also against the rules and as of late all members have been falling prey to this rule. while wrong it is with clouded judgement that they do this. because they are tired of seeing this forum trashed and over ran by all the leechers, complainers, requesters and such from the above stated issue #1 just overtake this forum like a cancer. It is not an excuse for the behavior it is just a fact.

2c. While a lot of this did not happen when Catalyst was here, many felt he was tyrannical and where not happy when he was in charge. He was demoted and banned, this left a lot of people confused, divided, and unhappy with the state of affairs at both AudioZ, and AudioSEX. This happened it is in the past. Opinions are probably not going to change on this. Everyone saw only the side of CAT that they were exposed to. That being said, there are members here who want to continually drudge that back up and keep it alive. there is no reason for that. Catalyst is gone and he is not coming back. Let that go and move on.

3a. This is not a discussion to close this site up to outsiders, that defeats the purpose and intent of this place and the community that has grown here. however, the childish, and immature behavior that has become the norm here has tarnished this place and needs to be scrubbed clean now before the stain becomes permanent. This is not KVR or GearSluts, this is better, and stands far and above both of them as it is unique in what is offered here, and the people who participate and contribute here. There are nearly 16,000 members here. many are silent, and no doubt afraid to speak up or say anything when they see how and what goes on here. I can't blame them.

3b. AudioSEX has the potential to outshine any other place on the web that tries to compete in the same category in what it offers, but with the daily bickering and childish games that go on here, that is not gonna happen. AudioSEX should be open, but not Lawless and Wild. There are rules. If you are a member you should be treated with respect. new members should also see that those who have been here for a longer time, while not of a higher social status have invested time here and are due respect, while veterans should also not immediately jump at the throats of newbies , the newbies should obey the rules, and be expected to understand and abide by those rules before being allowed to participate in the conversations of the forum or its sub forums.

3c. The length of that probationary period should be examined as it is definitely to short to weed out the potential problem causers as it stands now. I don't have the answer to that i just know what it is now isn't working.

4a. Finally, i do have the best of intentions when it comes to AudioSEX, my experiences here have been positive and i have made many friends here in the community and have learned a lot. I do not want to see that crumble away because of all the fighting and ill will caused by the leechers, warez issues and other greneral crap that takes over every day and night here.

16. ned944

ned944 Audiosexual

@returnal , sorry my friend that whole paragraph was not directed at you. i edited and split it where the portion was ended. sorry for the misunderstanding, the remainder was just more of my general comment towards what @Bennett.Jackson had said

17. returnal

returnal Rock Star

Gotcha - no harm done then. :winker:

18. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

From my perspective ...
    A lot of crap wouldn`t reached us if the "Newbies" needed "approval" on their first postings.
    As @ArticStorm kindly confirmed: Warnings are much work atm and useless, anyway.
    If it`s easy to re-implement this feature, doesn`t it mean an easy&quick job for @SAiNT, easier management for the mods and a better forum experience for the users?
    It´s not a solution, but I imagine it as a huge difference. Actually, presenting ideas/proposition appears a kind of dismissive to me.
    The Admin made clear statements at other position, already. AZ & AS are two separate projects and he keeps it that way.
    Please ... just an impression ...
    He has to much going on to handle the front-end himself, but won´t let down his babies AZ/AS.
    Putting a Vice-Admin in charge went well for quite a while, just to break down with a lot of noise.
    I guess having the time to "work on" is the issue, he would like (needs?) it as self running projects.
    So, we got to wait for action(s).

What I see as a big part of the problem, intoxicating the atmosphere on AS if you want so,
    is the "smart-ass-ery" that´s going on.
    I mean ... we are such a bunch of bright ...
    don´t get me wrong, I do value professional expertise ...
    but this anal compulsiveness is hard to bear for me. Sort of "creativity killer".
    And that´s what it is about, why I signed up here ... AS became part of my creative process (in 2013) and for about 6 months when I became a member. In my eyes&ears things went tense from the time Serum was released.

However, I thought I draw a fine picture. Right now I feel for running my DAW.
    What @stevitch said seems highly considerable to me, I like & want the AS feed on AZ, too.
    The expressions of @DarthFader give me a sense of stillness, appreciate that.

Some people here don´t have rules, they have agreements. Because they get the point ...

19. ned944

ned944 Audiosexual

I agree they are separate projects @sideshowbob that is how SAiNT intended them, the separation was just a topic starter. i learned a lot from AudioSEX, in my time when i was just lurking before i became an active member. In the end it is SAiNT's baby and he will make the final decision on what needs to be done. I'm glad their are people that care about this forum as i do and have offered up their opinions on the subject. there are many perspectives on the situation at hand and it is a complex issue. And i agree completely that as a member here it is a privilege to be here not a right to be taken for granted.

20. fleschdnb

fleschdnb Kapellmeister

When you remove a dictator who has done terrible things, the country loses all rules and anarchy sets in. This forum is no different. Audiosex is like Iraq and Cat and crew were like Saddam and crew. Saddam kept Iraqis in line, and when we took him out, there went the neighborhood. So there you have it. Audiosex is like post-saddam iraq. I liked Cat to an extent. If you followed the forum rules he was cool. But, this forum is what it is, and there are much better forums like gear sluts if you want something heavily moderated with top producers aboard and etc, etc.This forum will never be anything great. Just join the Slutz. Seperation wont help anything. The reason people post about warez here is because its the only forum they know of that lets you.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List