AudioSEX and AudioZ: Separation or other Solutions?

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by ned944, Dec 25, 2015.

?

Separation of AudioSEX and AudioZ

1. Yes

43.4%
  2. No

56.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

I can't draw a cause and effect relationship here, but it seems X was this low key forum before the "improvement",
    It was much more civil... now with the bells and whistles and flash it has attracted the flies... (so to speak),
    not suggesting a return to the old interface , but just an observation.
    anyone else have a reason why this is so suddenly becoming the wild west out here?

I don't recall the old X being too heavily mod'ed either... :dunno:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2015
  2. DanteUruzu

DanteUruzu Kapellmeister

I was thinking that it could be some of the members who decided to leave after they got demoted and their purpose is to wreak havoc here and try to ruin things. That's just speculation. That may not be the case. I would most certainly hope that it's not though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. ned944

ned944 Moderator

I liked the chat was good for the few that used it, the majority do not. the interface is cleaner. It is easier on my older eyes anyway :) but it was just the lapse in moderation that followed the incidents of this year and seems to be spreading like wildfire. I think overall their may be a few issues at hand. Warez is a large portion of it but their are some other issues that are also involved which is why I wanted SAiNT to become involved in this discussion. Some of the MODS may be hesitant to overstep the bounds because of what may have transpired before, and I can't say that with any certainty, but it is a possibility. Others see what transpires and see nothing happens and feel emboldened themselves to act out and the condition spreads. lack of consequence for this behavior goes unchecked and grows. I was becoming really sad and angry seeing it everyday, and decided I needed to speak out about it but not in an angry tirade but in a manner to get every one focused on a solution to solve this not prolong it.

4. ned944

ned944 Moderator

@DanteUruzu I know many of the members who left and they are not the issue here. they have went other places and are saddened by what they see here. as I still speak to them. They also still visit here they just don't comment anymore. They miss the community that was AudioSEX, and what is was created for, not what it has become as of late.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

Thank you @ned944, it`s late in my place ... so "good night" must be it for now, cu.

6. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

I don't mind separation of the sites. I do have a problem with the fighting and bickering. And, if someone is requesting something, there are rules where it should be requested. To take it one step further, if you ask for a Big Mac at Burger King, you deserve what you get. Let me tell you, it won't be a Big Mac. Needless to say (or not), ask for what can be provided where it can be provided.

I don't think anyone needs to see a feed from one site on the other. I say discuss music and how-to's on AS. That's what the site is for. And, one can discuss warez on the warez site. There are comment sections for people to discuss, ask, help, etc. on each post. There is no need to cross-fade the sites. The current situation is evident of that. And, if there is no need, then the desire to join them is, in my opinion, less valuable.

I personally found each site via Google Searches. There was a whole lot less negativity when I came around. The latest swirls of insults and nonsense have been pushing me away. Cat was mentioned. I had positive interactions with him, so I don't feel how some people did. Regardless of how I feel towards him, the negativity only brings the community down. We aren't discussing him coming back. Let's stay focused on resurrecting the climate and community we had. During that time, there weren't so many posts (speaking specifically of AS) requesting warez. This place erupted in Civil War, but we can turn that around since we are still here and care.

Feed Trolls? No.
    Allow Trolls to Troll? No.

7. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

I completely agree with this. It would be easy to shift the focus to other issues it one was limited or banned. If we agree upon the rule that we keep them separate, everyone can have a fun experience. Want warez? Go there. Want to discuss music, stay here.
    I did receive help with different issues related to software. I'm glad to receive help or give it. But, remember Omnisphere? Do we need that here? No.

8. spec3

spec3 Newbie

for me if they separate audiosex will lost views, i read forum beacuse i see the thread in audioz banner..

9. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I don't know where the trolls come from (a few indeed are ex-members). But I'd say that with just a 2 day without posting restriction to new users we'd save half of the useless threads.

On the other side, for me one of the best features of AS is that you can talk about warez. If you can't, well, there's plenty of other music forums.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. lpu2n

lpu2n Producer

Add a dedicated audioz subforum, and confine conversations related to warez to there. Have a dedicated moderator with a strict policy for that subforum. I nominate One Reason. If anyone discusses warez anywhere else, ban them. The fact that warez discussion is allowed here can be really useful, as it is banned just about anywhere else... but for sure keep it confined so the seemingly inevitable negativity doesn't spread to other parts of AS.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

I don't know who is who. But, restricting posts - while annoying to a newcomer - would limit the requests. Having someone approve the message will take time from whomever is the elected mod. However, these posts wouldn't have been here.
    I'm okay with that.

12. DanteUruzu

DanteUruzu Kapellmeister

Yes, there are probably a few that are ex-members. Some could very well be some developers or some other people who don't approve of piracy and warez and are looking to stir things up so that teams stop releasing just like R2R did (Not that that's the reason they stopped. No one but them and whoever they told truly knows the reason(s) why although it's not hard to speculate). I know for a fact that devs keep an eye on this place and the brother site and wouldn't be surprised if they tried to use a tactic like that.

I can't imagine it just being some random person/people. Especially the AB6-whatever guy. He's too persistent and just reeks of a troll who has an agenda to stir things up. I wish people would ignore these trolls instead of feeding them fuel to continue on. If a parent ignores a whining child long enough, it will go away because it isn't receiving any attention.

13. ned944

ned944 Moderator

The fact that AS is visited by developers and others of high profile who like to keep their real identities hidden is well known, and should come as more of a reason to restrict the discussion of warez from AudioSEX, this Forum is touted to be a site for "Professional Audio Lovers" and that is what it should remain. there is a Request section on AZ for requests. they should not be discussed here. This forum is known and pretty wide, so it doesn't need to be linked to view from AZ to get views. It is not a small site and has 1000's of members. the large majority of those users would not suffer if this place was separated from AZ, and would stand the possibility of interacting more if the negativity brought by the attachment of warez and the ;ink to AZ was removed. The value of AudioSEX and the resources it provides to the Community for musicians and producers, FAR out weighs what it brings to the WAREZ Community. and as I have stated that is where AudioZ comes in.

This often leads to the other issues at hand though, requesting and other related warez issues. I understand that there can be issues that people run into but we need to find another way to solve them, other than discussing them on this forum, unless it can be moderated and strictly enforced which puts undo time and strain on the mods. This was why i suggested the seperation.

It's also obvious that the trolls, and others that want to stir up trouble are not going to just go away. We need to continue to work towards a positive solution that will make this forum what it is that we want from it. I believe that at its core the senior, veteran members, and I'm sure there are new members that are here for the resources that are available here. We cannot enjoy these and have a good time, and grow as a community. Inspire and help provide encouragement to those who come here looking for it, or provide a platform for those willing to share their Knowledge, until we eliminate the Elephant in the room.

All warez related talk should go. I know its not the Opinion everyone wants to here. I use warez, all of us do. but why do we need to bring that here to AudioSEX? We don't, We shouldn't, and we need to figure out how to stop it.

@DanteUruzu We can't just ignore this problem and expect it to go away. If we ignore it without a solution it will pop up again and again, and it seems to get bigger every time, eventually it will grow and like cancer kill its host. I would not like to see that happen.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I get your point. But I'm talking about permission to talk about warez, not to request, bitch, complain,.... It's a different thing that until now worked well. But one thing is clear, something must be done, the mods can't handle so much garbage threads/posts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. ned944

ned944 Moderator

I know that is the issue at hand, the MODS are not paid, they volunteer their services, they have lives as well. there is no way to automate this, SAiNT can't have a dozen MODS monitoring the site. I can see the argument to be able to discuss issues you may have with a plugin not installing right, or other technical issues you may be having with warezed software. But you have to see the doors that leaves open, I would rather Stop it completely and then find another solution to solve the problem with the warez discussion after the fact. Lets get the bigger problem fixed first and then turn our focus to the smaller issue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  16. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

In this I agree completely. Like I said, something must be done.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  17. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

hey guys, i am new here, and since day one (november 30) i've fallen in love with AudioSex! I think the site is amazing, and in this more or less 24 days i've learned about your community a lot by reading and reading... i have some ideas, one of this i have sent Saint, but for sure he/she is bussy a lot, so i'll post it here. I think if this forum remains open to the public, it will gain so much, always new ideas coming and enriching the community! But like you say, there must be some control, without making the site so closed. I think, for the newcomers like me, an automatized system would do the work, cuz Saint and the moderators can't reach all the flow of data incoming. AUTOMATION at least for posting, and for "prohibited" content, so a code like "word search" and warning, for example in World of Warcraft Chat Window, you can't say "fuck", but here would be something like: first, the post can't be posted and you will become a window warning, and after this you can... or no idea, something like this, .. when "warez", "crack", "team-names", "warez-site-names", or words like this appear in a thread/post/comment, the automatized system will first send a warning/info window asking for "correction" or "re-orientation" for posting... only my 2. Here is the conversation i started:

"Hi Saint,

i'm a new comer and feel lucky to have found this audio forum. Thank you for this. I am here since 30 November 2015, so i feel not being interesting in something more that to find preciously information about audio, recording, software, etc. I know this last week has been weird with AudioUtopia news..

I have an idea for posting threads:

- when anyone would push/click the green "Create Thread" button, it should first pop up a window with red background stating the rules:

1. Be a nice person and treat your fellow members and staff with the same respect that you would like to receive. This rule is strictly enforced and we reserve the right to terminate your account without notice or explanation if you're found to be in breach of it. There are no inalienable rights for use of our service so either adhere to this rule or don't make an account here. Remember: an AudioSex account is a privilege not a right.
    2. You agree to not use our service to submit or link to any content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. Therefore warez requests and linking are strictly prohibited. Discussions concerning warez however are within the scope of the forum.
    3. Give your thread a meaningful title.
    4. Use search before posting to prevent duplicate topics. We have a similar threads feature to assist you in locating duplicates.
    5. Post in the correct section for your topic.
    6. Keep responses on topic so answers can be more concise and useful for the next member.
    Avatars must be within 150x150px and not larger than 200KB

and therefore a check field to ACCEPT the conditions of use, allowing to start the post. By doing this repeated by every post, the people will learn about the rules everytime and remember to treat the other forum members with respect, and therefore to asume the consequences when they get banned or blocked ...

So, merry Christmas and cheers for everyone!"

18. ned944

ned944 Moderator

Welcome @Mundano Enjoy AudioSEX! It is indeed full of knowledge, and just to be sure you understand, we are not discussing making this a closed system to anyone, and that is exactly why we want it to remain open as the growth from new ideas, and examples from others only goes to enrich all of us as a community. We need to however change some practices and enforce some rules to encourage more involvement and participation from new members who have taken the time to read the rules and then abide by them, not ignore them and flood this place with nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

i just agree with you... hope to become active and useful to the community

20. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

I agree 100%. AudioZ has a "request" section. The rule regarding NO REQUESTS for Warez-based software at this site MUST be rigidly enforced -- period! If newer members refuse to read the rules, or if read, simply refuse to adhere to them, well... bye, bye. Can't mix oil and water and expect a good outcome.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List