AudioSEX and AudioZ: Separation or other Solutions?

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by ned944, Dec 25, 2015.

?

Separation of AudioSEX and AudioZ

1. Yes

43.4%
  2. No

56.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ned944

ned944 Moderator

@focusrite I do too honestly. it is the section i look at first if i go to Audioz first and usually i jump there and come back. it is a catch 22 for sure.

The request section could probably be made easier and more prominent on Audioz to keep it from migrating to AudioSEX. possibly?

Maybe even a more prominent definition of what AudioSEX is on AudioZ so when people jump from AudioZ they know what AudioSEX is and aren't expecting some other kind of warez site?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  2. focusrite

focusrite Platinum Record

Maybe it could be a preference for registered users to show / hide the feed & requests with default being off for new users? However, an always on link to the forum at the top of the page?

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. ned944

ned944 Moderator

Thats sounds good too! like that one definitely!

4. returnal

returnal Rock Star

While I agree that this kind of pig-headedness is annoying and can lead to arguments, people are entitled to their opinions about gear - even very strong opinions. If you think PT is a reeking piece of festering shit you should be allowed to say it. I also wish people were more open minded and willing to consider fairly all sides of an argument, but that side of things is unenforceable and most people aren't really interested in "conversation" . . . what is enforceable is when they resort to the "hateful slander, belittling, name-calling, etc.". But there's already a rule for that. It's rule #1 in fact. I would agree however that enforcement of this kind of language has seemed lax to say the least.

Now you may disagree with this person's opinion about PT and choose to argue the point, which you have the right to do - but more importantly, there is an unstated rule (maybe it should be a rule!) that says: you have the right to not engage. This could be elaborated on . . . you have the right to not try to change other peoples' minds . . . or . . . you have the right to let other people be wrong in your eyes without telling them (or anybody else), so. You have the right to not participate in a stupid thread.

Imagine how quickly stupid threads would die if nobody commented on them. It's hard . . . so hard, I know. It takes two to argue. If nobody engages there can be no fight. I'm not saying it's easy, or that we don't need rules and moderators and enforcement, only that a little self-moderation goes a long way.

. . . and I'll end there because I'm starting to sound like a self-righteous twat.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. returnal

returnal Rock Star

I like the AS feed on AZ to see what's currently being discussed on AS - but I'd be just as happy to see that feed on the front page of AS. I don't need it to be on AZ. I don't want the thing to disappear completely, but I'd be fine with it being moved over here.

6. focusrite

We gotta make it harder for the trolls.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. focusrite

Amen to that

8. focusrite

1: Warez requests Pc / Mac
    2: Bitching about the content provided on AZ
    3: General Trolling becaue AS is majorly visible on AZ
    4: Having hard rules that aren't properly enforced or not acted on quickly enough
    5: Some rules could be seen as just guidelines and not punishable rules
    6: Too many choices for post appreciation / denigration.
    7: Newbies and trolls have too many "new user" privileges
    8: The AS feed and request sections are too prominent on AZ
    9:
    10:

9. ned944

ned944 Moderator

That would even be a great idea. if the chat box on AudioSex was replaced with a feed window of all the latest postings, you could see from the front page all the relevant postings of the day, possibly even enlarged to show more. that would be nice, without having to jump their, i usually go their first myself anyways. would really like to just go their and immediately see all the major posts for the day or last few hours.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  10. rico888

rico888 Producer

You've got to love a guy who goes on the attack when you've previously told him you've put him on "Ignore". It is kind of lowlife to go attacking someone you know isn't watching, and therefore isn't in a position to defend themselves. Then again, that seems more in accord with how you like it ned944, correct? Fortunately for me, another member gave me a heads up on what you were up to, which now brings me here.

(emphasis added)

I probably could stop right after noting this particular comment about "my thread", since it speaks volumes about what seems to me a twisted point of view. Sorry, but I don't consider this 'your' thread, I consider it a thread on AS, and thus it belongs to everyone here that cares to participate. Since you feel the thread is 'your' possession, perhaps you should have just locked it off to anything other than your own comments - that's pretty much what you seemed to want anyway.

Secondly, not only is your printing out a slew of someone's posts more of your usual harassment that has no purpose here (this while, with a straight face, telling everyone what a wonderful person you are), and has no relationship to the subject matter of 'your' thread, but on top of that I have to believe you were already aware of the reasons why your nonsensical take on my posts is completely bogus.

I've said in the past that your chum buddy Catalyst deleted my posts here and on Z, particularly one's that received "likes" or up-votes. Therefore, you're obsession with my history of posts, which by the way is weird enough, doesn't reasonably or accurately tell the story. Additionally, my original account here was not under the nick Rico888 -- behind my back one day your friend Cat changed the login credentials on that account, effectively closing it. So on that basis as well, you're obsession with my posts is completely meaningless. Simply put, you don't even know what most of my posts were on this forum, nor could anyone else. But I guess in your view, why let the facts get in the way of your B.S. claims, right ned944? And please, don't start in with your nonsense about bringing up Cat when you're lying attacks leave someone no choice but to do so if they're to set the record straight.

Finally, about this homoerotic obsession you seem to have with scouring posts of mine (like some weird stalker), what's that about, man? I assure you I'm older, not all that attractive, and frankly am already taken. So maybe you might want to consider re-thinking your obsession with the deleted history of my words here and move it over to someone that you'd find more available, eh? Or should I just post all your insulting and derogatory comments from the October thread over here? Since it's good enough for you, might as well be good enough for me, right? Or perhaps I should just make my own thread -- I could call it "Crap Posts By ned944". Would you think that fair or would you cry about it as usual? Let's face it Ned, fair play isn't your strong suit.

If you have anything else to attack over, try PM'ing it. At least privately we could express how we really feel about each other without you taking up even more space on YOUR thread.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@focusrite agree with you about the hard rules, I didn't have in mind submitting a new list of rules per se,

but some rules that would be reasonable to implement in code if enough experienced users noticed and down rated,

take some weight off the mods, does not upset @SAiNT 's applecart, and would at most remove it from the feed
    so it does not become trollbait to attract more instigators, and does not become an offensive place to land.. just
    because a hapless regular user lands in it (on it ) while checking the headlines ( feed ), hope this makes sense

cheers over jeers :wink:

12. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@rico888 wow :woot:

there was counter positional thread that got closed, but I don't know if OP closed it,
    or someone decided it was against the rules

I thought it had a lot of valid points as well

13. rico888

rico888 Producer

I'm aware of it and had a few posts over there. Unfortunately it was locked, no reason given. Thanks for the heads up though.

14. ned944

ned944 Moderator

I don't understand you @rico888 but we are thru with this banter. I have nothing against you as I have stated. just would like you to quit trying to cause trouble in this thread where we are discussing some positive solutions as a community, if you chose to ignore me please do so and stay out of the conversation here. Thanks. I'm sure the rest of the guys here won't mind. I have moved on from the past and would suggest you do so as well. The person you keep referring to is no longer around or relevant in this website its sister site or anywhere else that I know of. as the last sentence in my post that you quoted said- the past is gone my friend, is in't time to move forward and live in the present and look forward to the future? Take care my friend all the best to you in the New year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  15. focusrite

@HerrDurr from what posts I've seen from Saint he likes to think we can police ourselves and there's no point in speculation. I totally dig that about his posts. IMO if we have the proper tools to go about it I think it's possible to do. It's not perfect but then nothing in life is perfect. Imperfection is the beauty of nature and also everything around us is in a constant state of flux. People who fear and dislike change are most likely to react negatively and there's not much to do about that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  16. ned944

ned944 Moderator

I have to apologize to all you guys in this thread for whatever reason @rico888 wants to continue to hash up stuff that happened at AudioSEX and AudioZ months ago. it is over and in the past as you all know, it caused many issues here and we have all moved past it, i feel there is no need to continue to dredge it up and sling it about, some people just want to use it to fuel some kind of agenda. I do not know why. I stand by my feelings for this forum and my contributions to it. I have many friends here and am proud to be a member and contributor. Hope to be so for many years to come, So I am sorry if the problems that @rico888 has with me is detracting from the purpose of this thread in any way. My intentions are clear. Thanks guys for your Participation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  17. rico888

rico888 Producer

Unfortunately, the problem with you seems to be that you perceive someone not agreeing with you to be 'causing trouble'. Of course, that sort of position is a load of crap, but again, why let the truth get in the way of what you post here ned944? Interestingly, by the way, that was Cat's whole routine as well! It makes me wonder if he's feeding you parts of what you have to say here. Several of your posts on this thread are rather reminiscent of his writing style.

'Moved on from the past'? :rofl: Then why in the world would you find it appropriate to be posting what you would like to misrepresent as a history of someone's posts here? Yet again, more hypocrisy.

Like I said a moment ago, you've got something to say, bring it to PM and stop forcing a waste of time here. I would have preferred to keep you on 'Ignore', but your efforts to 'attack behind someone's back' apparently make that impossible.

~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: "I have nothing against you as I have stated".

You're joking right? Okay, let's forget about anything other than this thread. Shall I take up more time on YOUR thread, and post a series of quotes where you attack? I mean really, its obvious you want to play games here (all of which are from Catalyst's playbook, no less), but must I really start showing how time and time again you say one thing while having done the opposite ? At this point the only conclusion I can reach is that you're a shill for Catalyst, nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  18. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

navigating between nadir zenith vectoring upwards
    all caring members :hug:,
    even more gaseous gut feelings, nightmare-esque deja vu revues... :sad:

best for all is what wished for here... :bow:

19. rico888

rico888 Producer

What is it you don't understand about bringing it to PM? Other than that would deprive you of the show you apparently wish to keep putting on here.....

Bring it to PM! Is that clear enough for you?

20. returnal

returnal Rock Star

I'd say that 95-99% of my visits to AZ are just to peak at that "AS feed window" . . . so at present I'm visiting one site to see what's going on on the other site.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List