AudioSEX and AudioZ: Separation or other Solutions?

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by ned944, Dec 25, 2015.

?

Separation of AudioSEX and AudioZ

1. Yes

43.4%
  2. No

56.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

I do not see problem with discussing warez, we even have a sticky thread about warez-related problems :D

Do we not want to be able to discuiss openly this stuff? I do not want to spend hours trying to help someone with problem, only days later i finally figure out they have crack version and all my legit file help stuff doesnt work, waste of time.

Like Saint rule say "Disccussion on all thing audio related", and "No warez Linking or Sharing". Warez software is audio related just look at some of those FutureMusic videos :)

Keep the rules how they are. Try to give out more temp bans for ppl who request warez.

Really, i dont see why to Seperate. Divide and conquer userbase, divide ourself.

If you use warez or are totally against it doesnt matter. To pretend it does not exist does not fix your problem.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. focusrite

focusrite Platinum Record

Anyhoo we can't have a well thought out solution until there's a clearly identified problem to deal with. If everyone can chip in with what they feel the problem is then we can build a coherent picture that can be listed. Armed with that list a potential solution/s can be found.

Please add to the list:

1: Warez requests Pc / Mac
    2: Bitching about the content provided on AZ
    3: General Trolling becaue AS is majorly visible on AZ
    4: Having hard rules that aren't properly enforced or not acted on quickly enough
    5: Some rules could be seen as just guidelines and not punishable rules
    6:
    7:
    8:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

navigating between nadir zenith vectoring upwards
    hello, all caring members :hug:,

really elevating to see again that most of us are still capable to operate outside the confines of gaseous gut feelings, nightmare-esque deja vu revues. :wink:

hats, caps, toupees, payots even, all of these kind, off! :wink:

all the best for all of us, me already sees all of that coming... :bow:

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  4. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

awesome you took that step, I'm a little disappointed at my holiday fecklessness for not having taken the initiative,
    but now you have @focusrite , bravo... makes me feel like we're getting somewhere

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

I know this one is pretty hard to pin down and enforce, but the lack of objectivity / subjective opinions that get advocated and defended to the point of hostility is really divisive.

Example: "PT sucks! Anyone who uses PT is a total idiot! I'd expect crappy music like that from anyone using PT!", "Oh, I bet you just make EDM. Probably just one of those guys that presses play and tweaks knobs on stage... what a joke."

Addressing factual shortcomings like a particular DAW not being able to use VST3s or a sequencer lacking quantize is an objective thing and can be a constructive and informative discussion. Entrenched opinions to the point of hostility and personal attacks is something else entirely.

I really, really wish people could admit when something is only true from their own viewpoint and not resort to hateful slander, belittling, name-calling, etc. when there's a disagreement.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. ned944

ned944 Moderator

@focusrite make sure to add the rules that are already established so everyone is clear as to what is already defined

1. Be a nice person and treat your fellow members and staff with the same respect that you would like to receive. This rule is strictly enforced and we reserve the right to terminate your account without notice or explanation if you're found to be in breach of it. There are no inalienable rights for use of our service so either adhere to this rule or don't make an account here. Remember: an AudioSex account is a privilege not a right.

2. You agree to not use our service to submit or link to any content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. Therefore warez requests and linking are strictly prohibited. Discussions concerning warez however are within the scope of the forum.

3. Give your thread a meaningful title.

4. Use search before posting to prevent duplicate topics. We have a similar threads feature to assist you in locating duplicates.

5. Post in the correct section for your topic.

6. Keep responses on topic so answers can be more concise and useful for the next member

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  7. ned944

ned944 Moderator

and I agree with @Rasputin, those kind of threads tend to be round-robin like circles that go nowhere. each person has a personal preference and the only real answer that is accurate for these kind of questions is "what ever works for you works for you. doesn't mean it works for everyone." You can state your reason why it is best for you, but there is no reason to beat down someone because they don't see the same view as to why it won't work for them, as we have all tried one or all at some time before and decided on what fits our workflow requirements best.

EDIT: True @fosucrite but as a general guideline it could added to let everyone know it is frowned upon within the community as matter of civility

8. focusrite

Yeah knobs will always be knobs but it's still freedom of speech. It's up to you to downvote this kind of behaviour but I don't think it's part of the list we're looking for. What if I call myself a cuntface? Freedom of speech imo. Genuine really shitty behavoiur is for the mods to jump on would you agree?

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. ned944

ned944 Moderator

of all of the choices for posts, are all those really necessary as well, more than 1 fight has broken out because of them, would just Like/Dislike and Agree/Disagree be sufficient?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. focusrite

Saint writes the rules, it's up to him to enforce them or not how he sees fit. I personally think there should be some hard rules that are unambiguous that the mods can adhere to and implement. The rest should be set as guidelines because lets face it no-one is going to moderate eveything all the time. It's not the way of AS when compared to let's say kvr or GS.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. ned944

ned944 Moderator

I know My friend, those are the official rules located at the top of the page of the Forum. Written by @SAiNT.

12. focusrite

See point 6

Please add to the list:

4: Having hard rules that aren't properly enforced or not acted on quickly enough
    6: Less choices for post appreciation / denigration.
    7:
    8:

13. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

yeah i have hardly ever used the last 5. i was a fan of the informative, but that has been replaced!

14. ned944

ned944 Moderator

15. focusrite

Ha ha no need I just added that because you suggested it.

As regards the rules would you agree they should be classified as guidelines with some hard rules such as no warez linking, no racism etc... If they aren't being enforced or topics moved / closed by the mods then it seems pointless to have a big long list. The mods might find it easier that way?

16. ned944

ned944 Moderator

would limiting the size of the feed reduce the problem or detract from normal members visiting? or would replacing the feed with a graphic link be a possibility or have the same effect? and stop the non-invested member from journeying to AudioSEX?

17. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

navigating between nadir zenith vectoring upwards
    hello, all caring membership presences :hug:,
    yes, these are the most disturbing phenomena, the point to be added might be perhaps as superfluous evaluativeness or devaluativeness, putdowns veiled or not, opinionatedness, with the examples like you gave here. :yes:

as there was already written by one participant, these are very basic elements of behaviours learned first in the family, then later in the wider social milieu, thus are subject to enormous differences, add to that cultures at the opposite points of this mud ball, then here we are right again. :sad:

the problem of the addition that x instrument is excellent for y genre as in z person's usage is missing even from the media, where lot of such information is there to be read, to be seen, to be heard (there was one thread were this was at the beginning to be discussed, am unable to recall its title for my life). :yes:

there exists one site about all logical fallacies (with many more), perhaps that should be one to point to in whether the rules section (with When In Doubt, as description, for example), or in my signature, if that is the last possibility, but how could the reading of rules be enforced (there was one very good idea in the thread), or how could be people made to feel the really working compelling need to behave as civilised as possible? :dunno:

much to explore, many more to bring into the list, phew, must be done yet. :wink:

all the best... :bow:

18. ned944

ned944 Moderator

I do think there should be some kind of probationary period before a new member is allowed to post new threads, Not sure how that would work. maybe allowed to comment but not start a new thread until such a period has passed, and if warranted based on criteria such as civility or other conditions @SAiNT decided on, then allowed to Post new threads, just like at AudioZ. Members are allowed a certain lever of activity while Residents are afforded a higher level of responsibility. it should not just be on number the of posts, but graduated based on how they are acclimating in to the community. this would go a long way to eliminating the 0-Day trolls, so to speak. and also afford newer members a chance to be come accustomed to the forum before jumping in and contributing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  19. focusrite

I love having that feed, it means we can see the most discussed topics or new topics from AZ. maybe it should be placed with the requests at the bottom of the page?

20. focusrite

6: Too many choices for post appreciation / denigration.
    7: Newbies and trolls have too many "new user" privileges
    8: The AS feed and request sections are too prominent on AZ

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List