AudioSEX and AudioZ: Separation or other Solutions?

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by ned944, Dec 25, 2015.

?

Separation of AudioSEX and AudioZ

1. Yes

43.4%
  2. No

56.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

navigating between nadir zenith vectoring upwards
    hello, all caring members :hug:,
    exactly this situation is why all participants on this thread are trying to find, trying to suggest, possible solutions, then trying to come up with some sensibly put together list of all the thread distilled, perhaps into things to be asked for, or things to be suggested, or things to be taken into further consideration. :yes:

all the best, for all of us, plus then some... :bow:

2. ned944

ned944 Moderator Staff Member

We are coming up with many good ideas that we can present to @SAiNT to use as a bouncing board for him to arrive at his own solution to perceived problems at this forum, so all is good. This has and does remain a very positive Discussion, open round table that has produced a lot of helpful insight and possible solutions or alternatives to solving some of the issues at hand, I will go thru the thread and make a bullet point list of all the relevant ideas and suggestions and pot it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

salient and excellent point Sir.. methinks thou art possible sage material... :wink: ( he said without bile or guile )

4. rico888

rico888 Producer

Funny thing about your question, that tends to show how skewed some of the thinking actually is on this thread.... A simple check of webstats for this site, something you can accomplish fairly quickly using google, will indicate that since October when Catalyst was shown the door, traffic to this site is up. That's right, it's up! You're not losing people here, you've been gaining.

So much for the concept of churn, and those that want to cry over the supposed demise of AudioSex. I've tried to indicate in prior posts, and will say it again here; what I think some of you are really crying about is that a mod who liked to play favorites, and included you in that group, is no longer here. From my perspective, that's the reality.

You know, earlier I quoted a post by a member named "fleschdnb". It's a terrific post, not only because it demonstrated some creative thinking, but also because it got to the point in remarkably few words. This isn't Gearslutz. If SAiNT wants it to go in that direction, I have complete faith he'll do what is necessary to indicate that to all of us. And if, or when, he does that, I'll be happy to go along because its his place and I respect the man. That's really all anyone here needs to know. Further, if you want this to be another Gearslutz, I hate to break it to you, but that site already exists and covers the need quite well. This site has its own specialty. If it doesn't suit your particular needs, perhaps you should consider going to a site that does, or personally consulting with SAiNT regarding your ideas about ways to change this site.

When SAiNT started a thread last October to announce some major changes here, he not only announced those changes, he also provided a signal that he's quite capable of letting all of us know what he wants, and when specifically he would like our feedback. Personally, that's why I'm of the opinion that this thread is in large measure a bunch of gratuitous nonsense. And the fact that the thread starter has to act like a hammer every other three posts should tell all of you that, as well. If there was any reasonable consensus about the need for this thread, such hammering wouldn't be necessary. Instead, you try to force this down people's throats, like a square peg in a round hole.

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

hello, all caring members :hug:,

someone has to bring the c-word up again, it seems. :sad:

great many loads of thanks for all your most genuinely creative input. :sad:

the post you quoted is really terrific, quite so, its parallels are the most extreme ever seen about this site, even about the whole world we live in. :sad:

perhaps there will be consensus, hopefully we all will see the compilation needed for that. :wink:

all the best... :bow:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  6. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Spot on, @ned944. Deffo 2 mindsets. I go to Z for the cracks but I come here for the Craic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. rico888

rico888 Producer

Focusing on anything other than the point is increasingly seeming like your specialty.

8. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

hello,
    congratulations for spotting it.

best...

9. rico888

rico888 Producer

Congratulations are not necessary. It wasn't too much of a challenge.

10. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

hello,
    glad was able to make it easy enough.

best...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

@rico888: Thanks for bringing me up to speed as regards the stats and editorial issues. Much appreciated. :)

edit: one GearSlutz and KayVeeArse is quite enough for this ol' dawg.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. focusrite

focusrite Platinum Record

A downvote / report button on affected "cracking" topics to make them automatically drop off the AZ feed. That way crack trolls will see less "crack" headlines leading to AS from AZ. Also us regular folk would see less "crack" headlines too, negating the need to feel like responding.The feed would automatically update wih less provocative headlines and affected threads will mostly die on their own. Much easier imo to limit the damage rather than having heavy handed enforcers on 24/7 watch.

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

good idea generally ,

then how to stop the n00bs, j/o's , and sociopaths from abusing this ability ?

14. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. focusrite

Something along the lines of 5 separate downvotes from members with 20+ post count.
    The topic would still remain on AS it just wouldn't appear in the feed on
    AZ

16. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

Let`s not forget many of our ideas require loads of new code implementations.
    Therefore my statement not to make propositions to @SAiNT and because he`s the "maker" and most obviously very savvy on these tasks.
    Warez discussions and troubleshooting always had it`s place here (as far as I remember).
    That`s why I think approving the first few post would help to sort out a lot, not only requests.
    These request are just a temporary wave if you ask me, reaching us because "filtering" is disabled. (easy to re-implement?)
    If the "public releases" keep going it might become an issue, I doubt it.
    For me this thread is rather about the "community spirit" and to bring back the overall win-win quality we came for here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  17. ned944

I believe this post from @SAiNT describes his intentions for AudioSex pretty clearly, and the Warez related aspects, in relation to the rules as well,
    [​IMG]

Seems Clear and Straight Forward.

[​IMG]

In case anyone forgot, or is new.

and finally to clear up any misconceptions for you Mr. @rico888 , there is only one person that contines to bring up past events and members long gone in nearly every post my friend and that is you. I have no ill will towards you as I have stated in my last few posts. but you continue to pop in here to subvert your opinion as to our motives. you have more than once cited my post count "hammering this thread". Well i started this thread and have an vested interest in This forum as a participating member so I will continue to comment in my thread. as well as anyone else can. As are all welcome to, lets be clear, we are only engaging in a pro-active positive discussion about something we believe and care about, whether you do or not. If not, I'm not sure why you come here? but since we are going to talk about post counts and hammering lets do just that, You seem to have a pattern of negative and only negative comments in your contributions to this forum, is that all you have to offer? Do you have anything musically oriented to share? production tips or insight? or just here to instigate and stir up divisiveness over past problems. the past is gone my friend, is in't time to move forward and live in the present and look forward to the future?

Code:
    rico888
    Congratulations are not necessary. It wasn't too much of a challenge.
    Post by: rico888, Today at 12:25 PM in forum: Forum News and Updates
    rico888
    Focusing on anything other than the point is increasingly seeming like your specialty.
    Post by: rico888, Today at 12:21 PM in forum: Forum News and Updates
    rico888
    Funny thing about your question, that tends to show how skewed some of the thinking actually is on this thread.... A simple check of webstats for...
    Post by: rico888, Today at 12:04 PM in forum: Forum News and Updates
    rico888
    That's a really creative, brilliant sort of analogy. I don't think you'll get much support here for the part of your post in which you comment...
    Post by: rico888, Yesterday at 9:50 PM in forum: Forum News and Updates
    rico888
    I honestly have no clue as to what SAiNT thinks about a thread like this, but I can specifically say that I've seen him mention in the past that...
    Post by: rico888, Yesterday at 9:37 PM in forum: Forum News and Updates
    rico888
    Banning discussions on warez and requests is not the answer..
    Perhaps, but over here at least they're allowing alternative points of view. On the other thread its being commandeered by a clone of Catalyst....
    Post by: rico888, Saturday at 11:19 PM in forum: Forum News and Updates
    rico888
    You've been attacking since last October pal, and all the large red lettering isn't going to change the meaning and value of what you are and what...
    Post by: rico888, Saturday at 1:33 PM in forum: Forum News and Updates
    rico888
    That would be nice, but apparently the intention of your earlier post related to me was to just make a statement that was an out-and-out attack....
    Post by: rico888, Saturday at 11:59 AM in forum: Forum News and Updates
    rico888
    I'm sort of laughing at your long, drawn-out response to my post above.... I remember back in October, in a thread SAiNT started concerning...
    Post by: rico888, Saturday at 9:17 AM in forum: Forum News and Updates
    rico888
    Just a gut feeling that certainly some of it does. I see several people here on AS that have mentioned thinking the same or similar thing. There's...
    Post by: rico888, Saturday at 1:36 AM in forum: Forum News and Updates
    rico888
    I understand your being upset over it, but there is a report button, it is Christmas, and maybe the better tact is to do your best to ignore it...
    Post by: rico888, Saturday at 1:26 AM in forum: Forum News and Updates
    rico888
    Voted "no" on separation if for no other reason than that I already believe they are separated. You may have a lot of the same members on both...
    Post by: rico888, Saturday at 1:08 AM in forum: Forum News and Updates
    rico888
    Stellar, and YES, a real pleasure to hear something posted other than EDM. This is real nice work -- sure, the same desire as others mentioned to...
    Post by: rico888, Friday at 3:02 PM in forum: Our Music
    rico888
    This entire thread is a personal attack that has no purpose. How in the world do you distinguish one unnecessary comment from another? The forum...
    Post by: rico888, Tuesday at 12:15 PM in forum: humor
    rico888
    Was just wondering the same thing. Every post has zero comments at the moment. Maybe they turned them off because of the recent crashes? Or...
    Post by: rico888, Dec 19, 2015 in forum: Software
    rico888
    DON'T BE, that's silly! Have some faith my friend, the real shame comes in not taking care of your difficulties and letting them continue without...
    Post by: rico888, Dec 15, 2015 in forum: Lounge
    rico888
    This must be why I'm having so many problems with Z and my mobile phone. I'm never signed in on the mobile. Will try that, thanks for the info.
    Post by: rico888, Dec 15, 2015 in forum: Lounge
    rico888
    Hey Samsome-- It was interesting to read your post, and clearly you've gotten some very thoughtful answers here. I hope some/all/most of them...
    Post by: rico888, Dec 14, 2015 in forum: Lounge
    rico888
    I never have any problem on my desktop using Chrome and Adblock, no ads or distractions at all. Where I do run into problems, particularly with Z,...
    Post by: rico888, Dec 14, 2015 in forum: Lounge
    rico888
    Why It's Time To Stop Worrying About R2R And Look Ahead (A 'Sort Of' Unsolicited Editorial) I've seen several threads/comments both here, at...
    Post by: rico888, Oct 10, 2015 in forum: Lounge
    rico888
    Sorry for not getting back sooner. I'm more on AudioZ than here, and didn't see this till today. You may have misunderstood what I was saying on...
    Post by: rico888, Oct 9, 2015 in forum: Lounge
    rico888
    Change of staff, Releases and some other explanations
    I more or less get your point. But it would be more meaningful were you to show enough balance to call out some of those here that offer nothing...
    Post by: rico888, Oct 8, 2015 in forum: Forum News and Updates
    rico888
    Thanks. I knew there were at least a couple of sane people around here. Anyway, not to worry. Really doesn't bother me. I know their gripe, but...
    Post by: rico888, Oct 8, 2015 in forum: Forum News and Updates
    rico888
    I know what I think, can't speak for you though. That was a damn good line for on-the-fly like that.
    Post by: rico888, Oct 7, 2015 in forum: Forum News and Updates
    rico888
    once it comes down to gifs of sideshowbob jerking off, I say yeh, its time.
    rico888
    I had a feeling you might be a "kraut". You have the humor of someone at a gestapo clinic for syphilis patients. No, I can't correct your...
    rico888
    real classy! You must be a really cool guy. BTW, Catalyst is gone. GET USED TO IT. People will probably get along much better if you do. And...
    rico888
    ----TinTin, if that's how you feel and you're not very concerned with someone's opinion, why keep starting in with me? There's been a lot...
    rico888
    Is the pot attempting to call the kettle black??? Now be a big boy and take it to PM if you need to do this--- you're just wasting time and space...
    rico888
    Couldn't agree with you more. Now if you could just get the Catalyst-ians to recognize that cursing, abusiveness, and purposeless insults...
    rico888
    It's worth it to highlight the hypocrisy of someone who one day comes here aiming to be abusive, and the next day comes here saying how we should...
    rico888
    I don't come here singing "We Are The World" and telling everyone how "WE" should all be. That's the 'theme' of sideshowbob's preaching post....
    rico888
    + It's kind of hard to find you all that credible when just yesterday you put up a post cursing out one of your 'fellow' members, and trying to...
    rico888
    You're a funny guy. Your explanation of things is so obtuse that I can't even bring myself to tear it apart point by point. It would be child's...
    rico888
    Well, if they do leave then they're just not recognizing that SAiNT is trying to make it a better place, not something worse. And if people start...
    rico888
    What could it possibly matter at this point? This is how it worked out. Best to accept it. You always have a choice to move on or move out....
    rico888
    Hey!!! haven't seen you around in a few days. Hope all is well. I continue to fight the good fight on this side of the fence now. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
    rico888
    Thoughts of that probably went out the door when Cat's friends told SAiNT he'd never get any releases here again and threatened ddos attacks. When...
    rico888
    I respect your opinion. However, I was around some of the threads where Cat's friends got pushy about all of this. It was clear a good deal of...
    rico888
    SAiNT didn't ban him. Cat's a "Resident" at Z, and still has an account here. Cat can come and go as he chooses. Be interesting to see how that...
    rico888
    That doesn't seem very consistent with what SAiNT had to say in the original post. SAiNT explained that these problems between them were going on...
    rico888
    Saying "I appreciate you giving some consideration" didn't mean to suggest you agreed with me. As I said, there are varying opinions and your...
    rico888
    Thanks for getting back on that. I appreciate you giving some consideration to what I have to say -- there are a number of people here that refuse...
    Post by: rico888, Oct 6, 2015 in forum: Forum News and Updates
    rico888
    I want to sincerely thank you for your post, and supportive words. What I'm seeing now is exactly the same as what was experienced over at the...
    rico888
    Doesn't Catalyst ever get tired of sending the Cata-Clique out to harass those that didn't care for him? Have your fun, it won't change a thing,...
    rico888
    I started reading your post, and at first, after a few paragraphs gave up on it, having concluded it was little more than name calling bolstered...
    rico888
    Is that directed at me? If so, (a) No, I've not applied, (b) have no interest whatsoever, (c) thankfully getting too much recording work nowadays...
    rico888
    I'm in recording sessions all day long, but will gladly respond to this most interesting post later in the day.
    rico888
    I understand your "english", you're doing just fine. Just keep working at it, you'll get there.:yes:
    rico888
    I will respond in this instance, because unlike the above circumstances with me and your friend Cav Emp, you have made the entirety of your post...
    rico888
    Third time I'm asking you to leave me alone. You're just making yourself look bad. Go away, there's plenty of other people here for you to play...
    rico888
    1. I've already told you earlier here I want ZERO to do with you. Are you unable to accept and respect that? 2. My post, which is not directed to...
    rico888
    I was going to "down-vote" your post (which I hope you don't mind me abbreviating), but chose not to do so because the fact is I agree with a lot...
    Post by: rico888, Oct 5, 2015 in forum: Forum News and Updates
    rico888
    Well said, and in so many ways, right on the money. There' really been very little clarity, at least towards the general AudioZ and AudioSex...
    Post by: rico888, Oct 5, 2015 in forum: Lounge
    rico888
    Oddly enough, on a psychological level 'not knowing what it is' probably makes it worse. The imagination is generally more fertile than reality....
    Post by: rico888, Oct 5, 2015 in forum: Lounge
    rico888
    You know I read your post with great interest. I'm one of those people that had a difficult time with Catalyst. In fact, truth be told, I really...
    Post by: rico888, Oct 4, 2015 in forum: Forum News and Updates
    rico888
    :rofl::rofl::rofl: You say you're not flip flopping, yet on that Little Snitch thread (you know, the thread where you up-vote hardlock at every...
    rico888
    Yes I have been around for awhile. No, I'd make a crappy mod. Yes, I'm also confident that SAiNT knows what's up and will figure it all out.
    Post by: rico888, Oct 4, 2015 in forum: Lounge
    rico888
    Oh, now you want to apologize, huh? Geez, some birds only fly whichever way the wind blows....
    rico888
    I don't think the problem is people sharing internally. People that have something can do with it what they please, and if they wish to share it...
    Post by: rico888, Oct 3, 2015 in forum: Lounge

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  18. focusrite

SSB will you be the one sitting here all day long approving posts? If so then you get my vote. All those who agree say "Aye"!

Otherwise my suggestion above means that it's the community (us) who votes whether the topics have the right to appear in the AZ feed or to be dropped from the feed. The topic can still be discussed on AS if people feel the need, therefore preserving freedom of speech but anyone visiting AZ won't see that particular topic headline. It won't cure all, nothing will, not even razor sharp moderators could do that but it will minimise the "crack" crap and minimise the work of the moderators too. Also no newbies allowed to vote up or down until they have a decent post count.

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  19. ned944

@focusrite that is another good idea on the newbies, and the MODS are already overworked and stretched thin IMO. Filtering is also another option that needs exploring as well.

20. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

@focusrite
    Your idea is quite decent and I favor it.
    My suggestion is based on feedback from @ArticStorm, that it would be an improvement already compared to putting out warnings and leaving the removal to @SAiNT.