Audionews.org question

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by birdboi, Dec 1, 2021.

1. F.L.O.W.

F.L.O.W. Producer

All from India.
    Wait until next 2nd.
    People don't give out invites to a stranger because they don't know if you may be a hit & run. It's on them.
    And it takes quite a while to even be given the invites to give out, anyway.

2. 9zEA8wHJ7jWG

9zEA8wHJ7jWG Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  3. boomoperators

boomoperators Kapellmeister

@Digitalix we do not stand behind the selling of warez, we are just users who know how ratio works and what it entails.

4. BambooPestle

BambooPestle Producer

@Digitalix Never donates on AN and at the same time I have a good ratio. Who sell wares in this case, can you explain?

5. yooshee75

yooshee75 Newbie

I can understand, it's fair enough.
    However, if someone's interested I can share a ratio screenshot on other private trackers (french mostly) as a proof it'll not be a hit & run. Otherwise, I will wait patiently it doesn't matter :yes:

6. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

Calm down, your accusations are simply ridiculous and based on nothing. You are talking rubbish here and people try to explain politely why you are wrong. Your poor experience is cause of this resentment, butt-hurt and false accusations. Don't give up try one more time. You'll become one of 150k happy users. We are all against selling wares. I'm even against uploading wares on filehostings with affiliate programs which is monetizing wares too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  7. softice

softice Producer

Could someone give a quick rundown on the concept of a seedbox. I had a look at feral hosting and a tenner a month seems like a good compromise between keeping up with all the seeding on your own system and making sure it's working all the time and having your computer always switched on (though I would use another computer for that, possibly even a raspberry pi); and having someone else take care of all that for you automatically.

1TB seems sufficient to do the job. What other uses could a seed box be used for on the server you are renting every month? I can build computers and I can build websites, so I'm not a total noob, but the whole concept of a seedbox seems somewhat alien to me and I'm intrigued.

I registered at AN and had a look around. I read the rules. Bit of a problem me using a VPN but as I understand it as long as you don't DL from multiple IPs you are pretty much ok with just browsing the site from a few different IPs. They allow you up to 4 different IPs. AudioScene say that they ban you if they see you using a VPN. So I guess that's that. I'm going to lurk more and learn the rules of AN and give it a good go to up my ratio via seeding first of all. I'm patient. I've got all the software I want and it's all paid for, so I'm in no rush. Would be good to grab the couple of things I'm missing though.

I assume that the same principles still apply though re: seeding and getting a good ratio - that is to say, find some new popular stuff that people are wanting when it first comes out, and all the other advice... then just loading that on to your server space seedbox, pointing to it on AN so people can read it, and adjusting as you see fit or have time to mess about with increasing your ratio even further.

It seems to me when a seedbox is set up (if I'm understanding it right and I don't really fully grasp the concept yet) it's a lot less hassle in the long run. No need to keep a computer switched on 24/7 and all the hassle that entails, for one. Sounds good to me. I also had a look at buying an upgrade package there, but it is really poorly documented and when people ask questions in the forum they are lucky to get even a terse answer, which is not helpful. At least that's how it seemed on first look. I'll do more research before I decide.

It's a whole new culture and I find it fascinating if nothing else. I've been using warez since the last century and have even been involved with the reversing community on a personal level, so again, I'm not a noob, but it would seem there's a big wide world out there that I never even knew existed, and that is what I find challenging. It may be a rewarding experience, or it may not, but I'd like to give it a good go if I can. So now I'm just reading the wiki for feral hosting and trying to get my head around the whole thing. A seedbox sounds like it might be a handy thing to have for several different uses. I'm kind of in the dark here, so if anyone can enlighten me...

8. emax2

emax2 Ultrasonic

You have to be a very high rate seeder otherwise it's Pay-To-Play for the site. You can find most everything on Audionews on the sister or othe sources

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. 9zEA8wHJ7jWG

9zEA8wHJ7jWG Guest

10. 9zEA8wHJ7jWG

9zEA8wHJ7jWG Guest

11. clone

clone Audiosexual

You do have an interest, otherwise why do you keep posting? Out of 41 posts, in 7 years on that account; and you waste at least 5 of them in this thread?

transparent. go get that peeplink money $

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. 9zEA8wHJ7jWG

9zEA8wHJ7jWG Guest

14. F.L.O.W.

F.L.O.W. Producer

But that's what we have to do to upload at the sister site, so...
    And a few pennies ain't worth mentioning, prior to it getting to the the tracker and everywhere else.

15. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

please tell us.

16. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

to give you an idea, yesterday i downloaded a 30gb uvi library using real-debrid and jdownloader. to do this i simply copied the list of rapidgator files to my clipboard. jdowloader automatically verified that every files was live online and created a download package with a folder on the drive where i download files. i clicked on "start downloads", and less than 30 minutes later - without any actions by me - jdownloader had downloaded all of the files, ran a crc check to make sure there were no errors, and completely extracted every rar all the way down to leaving me with just the two files that i needed to install the library.

17. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

Well I'm against filehostings and treat them as needful but inevitable evil just disrespect those who made ulpoading to filehostings their day pay-job

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  18. softice

softice Producer

Yeah, I get it's not that easy. I don't think it's a game I want to play. Good luck to those that take the time to do it and have the resources.

I've had more than my fill from the various sites I know of. I've got software I bought 3 years ago in Black Friday deals that not only have I not installed, I haven't even downloaded. I've got a load of software I could get hundreds of quid for should I sell it, but it's hassle. Time.

I know there's a way to do it. But those that know don't say. And I'm ok with that. They can keep that knowledge. I like to make music. That is what takes up most of my time. For shits and giggles I like to mess with computers and OS's and building systems.

Still, sites like AN and AS are fascinating to me. I'm happy to lurk just to see how the other half live. If I can work something out so I can get my ratio up to DL just the very few things I can't get elsewhere, I'll be happy. Lots of further reading to do and I don't expect those that know to spill that knowledge on the clear net. I give thanks already to those that have taken my knowledge further in the few posts previous. I can do the rest of the hard work myself. Or I might just go back to making music...

I don't think it's unfair for them to request a few bucks for doing what they do, for all the seeders that take the time to maintain all that. In fact, spending a few bucks is really the greatest cheat of all. I'm thankful for the option and I might just take that route anyway.