Audionews.org question

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by birdboi, Dec 1, 2021.

1. clone

clone Audiosexual

and learn fast, because many users are on very very fast connections/seedboxes. you can screw up your ratio very easily because it can happen before you even notice. I am getting 27mbs on a 12gb file right now. (it ended up taking 11 minutes to complete)

How is speed on Debrid? because on FFS I will be here for about a month trying to get this one file at 50kbs.

And yes @Slavestate, people seem to think releases are not interchangeable. This is not accurate. You can take a file from another place, put it into your share, add an existing .torrent. 0 Downloaded from tracker, 100% seeding towards ratio.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. vitodoncorleoni

vitodoncorleoni Ultrasonic

So long term seeding.. gotcha! :wink:

3. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

Sometimes yes, especially if you want the 'cushion' to download at will but a lot of it is just WHAT you grab. Take something like any new R2R release. Grab that the day its released, let it seed for the night, you'll have your 3.0+ ratio taken care of before the next day usually. You can build it up slowly that way, just dont get greedy if you know what I mean. And yeah like @clone said, all of these releases are everywhere. You can grab an R2R or Moria or whoever release and usually jump on an existing torrent too. No download, all seeding.

I got lucky in the beginning, back then I was working at one of the University of California's, I ran the departments network. I left one of my machines up 24/7 there. Since I was the admin, nobody noticed haha. I grabbed A LOT of big sample packs and had to leave those for quite awhile to seed back, but the UC backbone made it not take 3 weeks to share back one pack at a time. What really did the trick was once I had enough to spare, I grabbed the big Kontakt Factory Library. This kind of shit can get you big time bonus points. Its 23 GB but thats where the gigantic difference in my numbers came from. I just setup a NAS this past summer, and in the 6 months or so that QBittorrent install has been running, the entire Kontakt Library has shared out 18 times. Thats just the NAS from the last six months. Ive had that thing on my Mac for 6 or 7 years now before I moved it. Thanks to the way the torrent was created, you literally just point your client at the actual Library installation and thats it. Thats 23GB x 18 of pure upload credit in just six months. You dont have to shoot for that kind of a ratio, if you usually grab the new releases, all you really need to do is leave them up for a day or two after they're released and you'll have paid it back and then some. The only thing you really need to watch out for is the hit and runs. With AN, I've never had a hit and run. Even if a torrent goes back out 3 times and shuts off an hour after grabbing it, its all good. A game site Im on, no matter how many times you share it, you have to leave your torrent seeding for like 7 days or you get dinged for a hit and run, even if its gone back out 100x. Doesn't have to be a straight 7 days, but you have to get a weeks worth of seed time on it before it goes off your record.

Now I will say Im in the US and have a really decent ISP (100GB fiber connection when its good) so that has a big factor in it too. If you live in an area with shitty bandwidth/providers, there's not really a whole lot you can do about that part and trackers dont have feelings. They just want you to seed, they dont care how or why you cant.

4. vitodoncorleoni

:rofl: That was awesome!!

Yea it sort of is, but regardless this is very helpful to know. thanks a lot!! :):bow:

5. Jorge Retwill

Jorge Retwill Member

I've just signed up to Audionews and the first thing it comes is:
    "Your ratio is low, please increase your ratio above 0.8 or your account can be limited. You can also donate to increase your ratio quickly."

6. vitodoncorleoni

Yep.. got the same message myself! It's like they already have the gun to your head :deep_facepalm:

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

In the past you had to go to work if you wanted to earn money. Today you cheat online. Is practical and easy. The other day a wrong Microsoft employee called 2 times and wanted me to sit down at the PC and do something there. I hung up from then on. I call that online crime or organized crime (OC).

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  8. vitodoncorleoni

Weird that all such scammers are "Microsoft" Employees :dunno:

9. 9zEA8wHJ7jWG

9zEA8wHJ7jWG Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Jorge Retwill

Jorge Retwill Member

Ok, thanks for the info but would you mind recommend some of trackers you know that are good for newbies?

11. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

Patience is the key on any serious tracker. And gratefulness
    it's a kind of Face control against leechers
    rutracker had the same thing before they were banned in Russia by authorities

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. 9zEA8wHJ7jWG

9zEA8wHJ7jWG Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2021
  13. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

Well I know what you mean it seems unfair, I lost my account at first because of happy leeching newbie attitude, but for 15 years nobody made me pay anything, As I told, get some patience, don't be greedy and soon you'l get a good ratio, but if you are rich or want to leech all at once not going through the path for everybody, you have to pay. Servers don't work on their own somebody has to pay for them. These AN rules are not unique most high grade trackers I met have the same.
    Todays rutracker is just a shadow of what it was before - they had thousand times more users and they cancelled ratio system only because they lost their old popularity

14. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

I think the whole point of 'newbie' restrictions is to make sure you're not going to show up, leech everything you can and then run. Most 'high end' torrent sites will not let new users share torrents, some won't let veterans share torrents. You need to be an established member in good standing thats shown you know the rules and how to do it properly. Trust me, Ive been a member at GGn for about the same amount of time, and even I still get dinged when I submit torrents because of the information needed when you post a game up there. I was a member of Pleasuredome for 14 years before they closed down a couple months ago, and despite an even bigger ratio than my Audionews one (I only ever seeded MAME torrents back out for about 10 TB of data and downloaded nothing that cost anything there), I was never allowed to upload a torrent there, only a specific class of user was allowed to do that. They don't want anyone uploading any old crap to the tracker, so you end up with another disorganized mess like Pirate Bay on your hands, and they want everyone putting in their part to help keep things moving.

Nothing in life is free, and trackers, even though they offer "free" software, are just the same. There needs to be order amongst the chaos, so you learn the rules first and play by them, or you don't win any free prizes.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
  15. clone

clone Audiosexual

using AN can get expensive if you donate and have a good connection. I really like the Lacie 4tbs externals. I wish they had more color otterbox style covers. it would help telling them all apart when full. :)

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  16. boomoperators

boomoperators Kapellmeister

Do you know about private trackers and their general behavior regarding new users ?
    Be patient when your account is created then you will get access to a tons of releases.

on RED you have to go through an interview via their IRC channel and accept their rules,etc. Registration is not free at the start of every month.
    As @Slavestate said, learn the rules if you want to stay in the long run.

17. barfly

barfly Member

Odd that. I registered for free there yesterday the 2nd December. Ratio=1.91 and rising....

18. yooshee75

yooshee75 Newbie

Missed the registration yesterday... I'd love to have an invite code, please pm me :)

19. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

There are people who write countless angry posts about AN and people who can ratio.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. boomoperators

boomoperators Kapellmeister

I was referring to RED, Redacted which requires an invite code and their registration is not free AFAIK