AUDIOGRIDDER in 2021 : the ultimate post! - load plugins on an external computer!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by kindleman, Jan 2, 2021.

1. aeroflot

aeroflot Kapellmeister

Well on the Mac Side iT WORX in the Dammed WIN side it scanned all plugs and then Told me the port 55056 was busy or blocked!!! In the FW
    so I created A New Rule and the win server always tells the his annoying msg that the port 55056 the Audiograbber server has no IU that I I COULD tweak It Supposed to be simple but it s worst And even the connection cannot be established Mac Client shows me the Vst & VST" menu with all the plugins that were scanned before 666 WIN Stopped and blocked I m going mad I hate all these networks stuff

2. artattack

artattack Ultrasonic

Hello, see in the lower right corner if you have already one instance of Audiograbber running. There must be an icon there.

3. M McB

M McB Producer

Im looking to do this by using boot camp on my MBP with an (undecided so far) DAW, and my iMac using LPX. This isn't really for the DSP loadoff but to utilise these new R2R releases plus many more that Mac will probably never be blessed with. So far I've came to the conclusion that I will use a Thunderbolt 2 to Ethernet adapter for the laptop and then run a category 7/8 ethernet from the slave to the ethernet RJ-45 connector on the host.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows whether the Macbook's Thunderbolt 2 port, the iMac's ethernet port plus also introducing the adapter on the MBP (as is has no ethernet) will be able to run high speed with a high-end ethernet cable, say a cat 8. I.e. can I still expect much latency between the 2 whilst running Audiogridder and using the slave to access Windows plugins in my Logic setup?

Thanks.

4. Spirit

Spirit Member

I posted about this earlier in the thread. When you get that message it means AudioGridder is already running. It has no UI whatsoever when you first launch it so it's almost impossible to tell it's running - and there is no icon immediately visible at the bottom of your screen either.

Look in the bottom right corner of you Windows screen and you should see a little up arrow icon - click on that and then it will show the AudioGridder icon in there

5. Spirit

Spirit Member

You don't need a DAW on the windows side - AudioGridder runs as the VST host.

6. MORTIX

MORTIX Kapellmeister

Anyone get this working with parallels?

7. samzer

samzer Noisemaker

hello guys, i installed the server on my Vmware and the plugin on my mac, however, on reaper, i load the plugin and there is not any vst showing even after i connect to the Server Name (i tried changing the name too)

here are some screeshots so you can see my vsts are found inside the server plugin on windows.

anyone can help?
    thanks guys !

btw i installed the C++ distribution before installing anything on the vmware.

Attached Files:

8. Spirit

Spirit Member

From your first screenshot you can see the plugin is saying "not connected" - which means it can't see the AudioGridder server.

Once it connects, you will be able to select and load plugins by clicking on that '+' icon

In VMware, make sure you set Network Adapter to bridged (Main menu > Virtual Machine > Network Adapter > Bridged)

On your Mac, make sure your firewall is set up to allow incoming connections to your DAW (System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Firewall > Firewall Options)

It should then connect automatically

9. Spirit

Spirit Member

Someone on sister site AudioGridder post comments about is talking about having it up and running with Parallels so it can be done

10. Spirit

Spirit Member

Just for the record, I never installed any Visual C++ stuff, I just have a standard Windows 10 installation and AudioGridder works,,,

(I also have CoD Warzone installed on their though so its possible that might have installed some Visual C++ stuff I guess)

11. Pollice verso

Pollice verso Rock Star

Yes i have with parallels and it´s incredibly smooth. The feeling I have is like I'm using 32 lives. incredible, especially in mix mode. this works!

12. Pollice verso

Pollice verso Rock Star

The visual stuff is for some plugins, aka Softube.

13. Indigenous

Indigenous Member

Softube requires the visual c++ libs, they will fail when being scanned without it... See below from Bitwig which provides proper information:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Softube\Modular FX.dll

com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: VST plug-in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Softube\Modular FX.dll could not be loaded because a library it depends on is missing.

Check that the plug-in is properly installed.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Try this most recent Visual C++ lib bundle from MS, this resolved my plugin scanning issues on a fresh install of Win10..
    https://download.visualstudio.micro...B23B2C44A0D60E90D234AD99178/VC_redist.x64.exe

14. Indigenous

Indigenous Member

Audio Gridder Server is already running and has opened those ports... You can double check this in Task Manager.

15. darknight

darknight Ultrasonic

Want this and now it's free. Very cool. Thank you for sharing the information.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  16. MORTIX

MORTIX Kapellmeister

Can you explain how do you set that up? What configs do you have in Network settings and on the mac so the server is found?
    Thanks

17. samzer

samzer Noisemaker

thank you @Spirit for your message, where can i find the Bridged Network for VMWare please ? I m a noob using virtual machines

18. Spirit

Spirit Member

As in my post above, you find it from the main VMWare menu bar at top - Virtual Machine > Network Adapter > Bridged

19. samzer

samzer Noisemaker

@Spirit, sorry for writing again, I changed to Bridged i guess, and entered my IP wifi port from my Wifi router inside the plugin of Reaper.
    Inside the server on the VMWare, I have the name of server called "Desktop...." and Server Id set to 0.

Still not connected...

I removed firewall also

20. samzer

samzer Noisemaker

I would be interested to for a Parallels Desktop setup, if VMWare works but laggy , I will try Parallels..