Audiofier In Prince/JB/CHIC Sample Shocker!!! UPD: Reply from Audiofier!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Smoove Grooves, Jul 29, 2020 at 4:25 AM.

1. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Vocal chops -
    1min 32: "Get Wild" from NPG album Exodus, Tr.2 Get Wild, 1995.
    1min 37: "What Is..." from album O(+>, Tr.18 The Sacrifice Of Victor, 1992.
    1min 46: "Ooo!" from album O(+>, Tr.2 Sexy MF, 1992.
    1min 49: "Que Que" from Get On The Good Foot, James Brown.
    1min 55: "Aaaah..." from Le Freak, CHIC.
    1min 57: ""Ooo!" from album O(+>, Tr.2 Sexy MF, 1992.
    2min: What am I gonna do?" from album Crystal Ball, CD3, Tr.3 Poom Poom, 1997.
    2mins 21: "Oww" from album Graffit Bridge, Tr.10 Tick Tick Bang, 1990.
    2mins 22: "What Is..." from album O(+>, Tr.18 The Sacrifice Of Victor, 1992.

Feel free to copy/paste this^ under their YT video!!!
    But cut me in if the majors give you a finder's fee for this, please! lol
    Scandal. "an action or event regarded as morally or legally wrong and causing general public outrage."

UPDATE!
    Check my last post #23. Audiofier acknowledgement!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020 at 10:49 PM
    • Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Smoove Grooves

Haha! Well done!
    Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 05.02.17.png

4. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

With respect, this has been sampled to death since the dawn of sampling. It is so distinctive that can be immediately recognized, yet -to my knowledge- Nile Rogers never sued anyone for using the particular vocal snipett, so don't expect any scandal over those "findings".
    Cheers

5. Smoove Grooves

With respect, Prince. (Warners/NPG Records)
    Cheers.
    p.s. the "findings" are the scandal.
    Scandal. "an action or event regarded as morally or legally wrong and causing general public outrage."
    edit:
    Maybe the sample was cleared with prior aggreement and he got paid??? (Rodgers,not Rogers)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020 at 7:23 AM
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. fetepilly

fetepilly Member

Haha cancel culture of an person who probably has tons of pirated audosoftware on his computer.
    Get a life.

That aah sample needs to be cleared.. hahahaha..

Hahaha outrage scandal.. sure buddy

sjw woke in the audiopiratescene... pffffffffff

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Producer

I'm pretty sure that you'll only get sued if you used these in a massive hit tune (though pretty underhanded from Audiofier not to mention this since it might affect their end customers).

Reminds me of a story that went something like this:

The Orb sampled Steve Reich's "Electric Counterpoint" for their big hit, "Little Fluffy Clouds."
    Reich (or his lawyer probably) got a wind of this, so the lawyer asked if he wanted to sue for damages, claims or whatnot.

Reich: "Are they rich?"
    Lawyer: "No."
    Reich: "Then there's no point suing."

(from memory, so it might not be exactly how I read it)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. Smoove Grooves

Hardly. I have a profession of session keys player and sound engineer. That's a life.
    Sure buddy. Scandal: "an action or event regarded as morally or legally wrong and causing general public outrage."
    Not that 'SJ' has anything to do with this! :deep_facepalm:
    But 47 year old pro, new to the warez scene. fuuuuuuuuuu
    And apart from Kontakt & Omnisphere warez threads etc, I'd say AS is about music creation, pal.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020 at 8:42 AM
  9. Smoove Grooves

Normally, yes. The "Oww" from Tick Tick Bang was on loads of small label dance tracks in the 90s, but they never became too big so there was no point in pursuing it. Plus, he didn't care and he dug it. It was Warners who would've cared.
    But if Audiofier have monetized that vid, possibly a different situation. I don't think they can get away with it even if they say 'educational purposes'. I know the samples are short, but some aren't even pitched or changed!
    Instantly all stood out to me...

10. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Producer

It's the labels and lawyers who are first after blood for sure... I guess Audiofier could claim "Fair Use" for short samples but musical intellectual property is a fucking minefield, so I've no idea.

11. Smoove Grooves

In affect, they are using other people's property/samples to help promote their product, and I bet the vid is monetized.

So does this mean that Audiofier condone people just sampling bits of Riffendium and using them for free?
    Cool if so!

12. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I noticed that there is no EULA posted in the developer's website. The releases I checked next door do not contain it. And the You Tube video is devoid of any credits whatsoever. In sum very strange. With that said, it should be noticed that its website claims that "Audiofier team includes studio and live musicians and composers for Media, Film and Tv Commercials". Therefore, we could be talking about "replay" here. Nevertheless, whether sampled or replayed the absence of credits is too conspicuous to overlook. If it looks like a fish, and smells like a fish, it is a fish.

13. Smoove Grooves

Absolutely not! U doubting my ears, vro?! How dare u? hehe.
    I already compared them to the originals, not that I even needed to!
    100% sure about the Prince ones.
    All samples in op are vocal chops, @The Pirate Not "replayed".

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020 at 9:34 AM
  14. Smoove Grooves

Maybe u mean 'counterculture'.

15. dkny

dkny Kapellmeister

*Shocker*/*scandal* may be a slight overreaction here... the samples are buried low, it's for a demo youtube video for a cheap product that won't exactly get a lot of hits, and those samples are not the core of the piece but are just sprinkled in to add some flavour/authenticity. I'm not even sure if they are the genuine audio recordings or "recreations" anyway. (Disclaimer - I listened once on laptop speakers and don't care enough to analyse it).

*If* a record company would care, the most they'd manage is a C&D, in which case the developer would re-render the audio out without those samples, and nobody would notice anything substantially different when watching the piece (which is put together using mainly stock templates anyway).

16. Smoove Grooves

No, it's a direct reference to a classic UK tabloid cover! Or any of them which copied the format of having words with the same consonant together for effect, and always the word Shocker! <sigh> :deep_facepalm: English people will get it! But sorry for having fun!
    I know u aren't, but I am! Just A/B against the start of Sexy MF, Tick Tick Bang, Poom Poom, and The Sacrifice Of Victor. Please!
    Oh really? What samples are u referring to, please? :)

17. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

@Smoove Grooves
    Man, i have been collecting recs since 1976, so you will find it hard trying to school me. BTDT. So much that i should be retired from it all lol.
    I think you are a positive person, so what is that correcting a typo? You wanna go down this road ?
    Anyway, my point is, you will never, like never ever, manage to get across anywhere with those findings. These are snippets, not phrases. They can be easily manipulated/edited and cleared or even recreated. If i take the ahhh from LeFreak and add another vocal there it's not thae Chic "Aaah" anymore. Anyone pressing charges against such a sample, will have a hard time proving its the same and so goes for any musical or vocal snipett as it is just one note or a note with a glissando if you like.
    Cheers

18. Smoove Grooves

Hardly? Have you actually listened, buddy? Do you know what Warners are like with Prince recordings?
    I can prove it instantly.
    Huh? What did I school you in?? You mean Prince ROGERS Nelson/Nile RODGERS?
    Cool. I've been playing & learning my main instrument, and collecting records (and using my ears!) since 1978.
    Please school me in Prince. I dare you!
    Warners would never clear these samples for use unless there was big money involved.
    And these are not recreated. "Schooled" yet?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020 at 12:05 PM
  19. Smoove Grooves

Yay! :wink: :invision: :hahaha:

20. dkny

dkny Kapellmeister

I *am* English. I get the reference.

Stock *templates* I said. I'm taking about the visuals, which have the look of a generic After Effects VFX project that you just put your own screenshots into (I've seen plenty of similar ones). Because the visuals are produced this way, it's a cheap video, and it's not impossible they also didn't use stock audio samples from libraries too to colour up their audio demos. But like I say, I didn't analyse this, and I only have your judgement that you don't think this is the case - you might be correct, you might be mistaken, but I can't comment on that.

It's certainly not tabloid worthy, imo... I think you'd have someway to go to prove the "general public outrage" as you write in definition of the word "scandal" in your post...

21. Smoove Grooves

You don't have that. I don't think, I know. So you have my knowledge from a professional pov, and I'm 100% correct.
    And I love it!
    Just listen to the vid and the tracks I gave, please.
    I never said it was.
    Great. So I'm gonna sample me some Henri Mancini strings, but I'll make sure they're behind other instruments in my mix.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020 at 12:14 PM