Audio to Tablature or similar

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ryck, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Hy guys!! How are you?

I happen to be making a lot of bases to play on top of and solo on the guitar, and I need to memorize the "drawings" that I make on the guitar when I play on a scaler. That is, sometimes I play "A, C, E on the first fret, or on the fifth fret, or in different positions of the fret board. Then I easily forget the drawings and this makes me lose a lot of time.
    So I thought it would be good to have a guide while I'm playing, so I can see it on a sheet, in a daw, in word, in whatever. So that I don't forget, it's like looking at a score.
    The problem is that I don't know how to read the score, I can locate the notes, but I can't read them in real time. So I thought that the closest thing to what I want, would be to transfer my recorded audios to tablature and see there the drawings in real time, or else, what do you recommend?

I hope I have made myself understood.
    Thanks in advance

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

4. odod

odod Rock Star

But it cannot convert audio to tab instantly. Only able to add audio track so you can easily trasncribe and sync the tabs.
    Maybe you could try melodyne first to convert audio to midi, and import midi to GP8 ..

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

6. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    I guess what you're looking for is Zplane Decoda: deCoda - Plugin Boutique It's a standalone app that lets you input an audio file and then it calculates the chords and shows a kind of spectrograph showing the notes in a piano roll. Another program that does kind of the same thing is Capo: Capo - Learn More Songs in Less Time but it's Mac and iOS only.

7. Ryck

Ryck Guest

hi guys! sorry for the delay!
    thank you all for your reply!
    in the end I think what I can use is the guitar pro and write things by hand.

I didn't reply before because my cell phone broke and I have the flu!

Thanks again for all your replies!

8. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

I usually do the same, I could convert to midi and import to Guitar Pro but I find it easier to just write it directly into Guitar Pro - you will have to move the notes around anyway from a midi file and writing it in helps your long term memory of the music.