Audio to MIDI

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Breakpoint, Jan 5, 2017.

1. pelao

pelao Kapellmeister

the demo is the beta 4 download it and try, really liked the beta 4 but imagine, the alpha is the beta 13 they do sooo much improvements like include legato, bending, hammer on pull off. but don't listen to me just download the demo and try it

2. spiggy

spiggy Ultrasonic

I'm not sure how many milisecond delay there is, depends on my DAW and sampler but no, no perceptible delay at all and works great. I can play full chords (no really fast rhythm back and forth up/down strumming or it gets confused) as well as leads with pitch bend. I can control the amount of pitch bend when I bend the strings. I can use this with Kontakt, softsynths, etc.

3. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

Jam Origin MIDI guitar is the best $100 I ever spent. I never thought playing bass samples with pitchbend would sound so realistic. You can play pretty fast if you are careful about muting unwanted strings. It seems to really like an unprocessed piezo for triggering synths and samples. Incredible piece of software.

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. covaloid

covaloid Ultrasonic

I demoed AnthemScore a while back and was really surprised by the results; it produced much better audio to midi output than I got with Melodyne. It does exceptional well for solo instrumental works (even polyphonic ones like guitar and piano) but even returns interesting output for whole mixes as well which could be of use if you have a decent ear to refine and create your own transcription from.

It doesn't always get the beat correct though so you might want to mix a click or simple drum track in with whatever you want to transcribe to help the program get the tempo correct so you have better output.

Code:
    https://www.lunaverus.com/

5. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

6. Avenel

Avenel Kapellmeister

i tried JamOrigin Midi Guitar and it's promising, certainly the best real-time app i tried so far.
    but it's not perfect, there's a lot of room for improvement.

in my case i was trying Voice-to-midi so maybe with guitar you get better results.

anything else ? no, i tried them all including 2-3 obscure standalone apps that were hit or miss.
    there was also an addon by Tim Exile but it turned out ot be more of a vocal-command tool than voice-to-midi.

for serious Voice to Midi in 2017 there's just nothing top-notch and i think we'll never see too much in the future,
    it's a field that has been always neglected.

7. pelao

pelao Kapellmeister

you tried the beta 4 maybe, this week they release the alpha version (after 13 beta version)

8. genophyte

genophyte Producer

i did not know this.

thanks

9. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

Jam origin's MIDIviolin might work better for voice?

10. curtified

curtified Rock Star

11. Breakpoint

Breakpoint Member

Hmm, great, but it is probably for MAC ?

12. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

PC and Mac, The beta was k'd a year ago. Look around.