Audio to 303?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by jaybush, Jan 21, 2018.

1. jaybush

jaybush Newbie

Hiya I’m new to the forum and to producing. Basically I was wondering if I could take an audio loop and completely change the sound into a 303 acid sound with either a sampler or a vst effect?

3. GuestStar

GuestStar Ultrasonic

Depends what is the sound now and where you want to go and how good your master your vst effects. There is no magic tool. The best way is to go from audio to midi (most DAW have this possibility) and then use a sampler with 303 sound you would like have or AudioRealism Bass Line 2 what is very close.

4. jaybush

jaybush Newbie

It’s a vocal loop which I want to turn into a 303 sound over a certain amount of bars. I have a couple of 303 vsts including abl 2 but was wondering if there was a vst effect I could apply directly to the audio loop to transform the loop into an acid sounding loop or a sampler with those kind of modulation or distortion capabilities?

5. HPF

HPF Kapellmeister

take the loops tonal properties (audio to midi) and apply it to a 303ish synth, then blend it over. additionally you could use a vocoder. but seriously at least an audio sample, you could provide, to spare us the guessing :thumbsup: what youre after.

6. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Welcome to the forum, for audio to midi coversion, use Melodyne to convert and export the vocal melody to a midi file, then use that in your sequencer with your favorite 303-ish plugin.
    A cool use of this technique is when you morph the two channels (the vocal and the 303) one into the other, so the vocal slowly becomes the 303 and vice versa.
    Cheers

7. jaybush

jaybush Newbie

I’m on my phone so can’t actually upload an audio clip but here is a link to the video and it’s just the Acapella at the beginning
    so how would I go about morphing in Ableton?

8. jaybush

jaybush Newbie

That’s exactly what I want to do, morph the vocal into a 303 acid sound

9. jaybush

jaybush Newbie

So how would I morph?

10. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Convert audio (pitch, timing, etc) to MIDI with Melodyne or other Audio2MIDI converter.
    Morph the sounds with Zynaptiq Morph VST.

11. jaybush

jaybush Newbie

Is that the only way?

12. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

I'm not entirely sure what you want to do.
    There are several ways to morph two sound sources. Vocoder, Morph, Melda Productions MMorph, etc.

13. jaybush

jaybush Newbie

Basically I want to start off with that voca Loop at the beginning of the track I posted and over time somehow morph it into a 303 sound same rhythm and timing. But I’m not quite sure how to do it and make it sound good

14. timer

timer Producer

If it doesn't need to sound exactly like a 303, you could try an autowah plugin on the original audio.

15. statik

statik Audiosexual

the answer to your question has been given several times, just go do what they recommend and experiment with it, nobody can tell you exactly what to do to make it sound cool as we all have different standards of what is cool and what not. there is no 1 way to do it, you just have try and see what works for you