Audio Sex - 1 Hour Mixtape

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Master Q, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

I failed you Master, don't expect anything from me (sadly?). :sad:

2. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

Nothing whent as "planned" here....... and times up!

i really dont know about this.

1 hour aint much if you got no idea where to go, but it was sure a fun challenge!
    edit: Spend way too much time in the beginning on chord progression and i got sidetracked with "sound design" LOL! oh well. i almost feel like i should do another one instead.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Nimbuss

Nimbuss Platinum Record

I should've saved the project as a seperate project file, I ended up adding a bunch of stuff to the instrumental last night :knock: I only have the uploaded 320kb mp3 of the 1 hour version. In terms of the bass it's just a sine wave sample with Rbass set to 6 Intensity at 44Hz

4. funkytoe

funkytoe Ultrasonic

Thanks Master Q for inspiration.......!!!!
    Worked on a Prince kind of thang.....turned out to be that
    good......gotta SELL it...............!!!

5. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

was gona do somthin heavy but all my guitar cabs are setup for a client im recording so i picked up the acoustic an no i didnt finish it in an hr \m/ but its almost a song minus the ending an acoustic lead i wanted to add >>> no fx ITB jus on the recording itself i used compressor an EQ an pre enjoy this strange piece ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. Master Q

Master Q Producer

you havent failed lol you still have lot of hour left if you change you mind

@Nimbuss hummmmm it does not mtter send the stms anyway along as the essesiatial idea is still there which came from the 1 hour

@reliefsan are you kidding me what you came up with it pretty damm sweet reminds me of oldschool UK garage scence ....loving the vibe ! email the stems !!!

7. Master Q

Master Q Producer

UPLOAD it and no problemm ! and email the tems in the process !

8. Master Q

Master Q Producer

Really Really Really like this dude ! email the stems ! I cant believe the quality you guy are coming up with with an hour shows you dont need months to create a song !

9. Master Q

Master Q Producer

Be Nice to see some females participate ! if there are any on this website ... Someone tage them ! theres still 14 hours left !

10. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Thanks bro ! most everything i used was already patched in \m/ i already had the guitar idea from the start so i recorded a scratch guitar track to a click then used a drum preset i had then i got the bass track with the drums and re recorded the guitar tracks an fills one take each>>> lol its not perfect an i was outa time but it was fun ;) \m/ I'll send the stems wen i get this recording session im in done prolly be a few hours \m/

11. kjfarrell

kjfarrell Platinum Record

Mate that's so clean, you've got skills man.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Master Q

Master Q Producer

Thats a lot to acheive in an hour Im happy you took part to show its posible ! and okay cool

13. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Wholly sh1t! Did you set up a Ouija board and channel Layne Staley? I can definitely feel the A.I.C. influences for sure. Great job dude!

14. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

wooh! thanks alot man!! you are right too about i was trying to go for that oldschool uk garage sound. im impressed :)
    at first i didnt belive i got to that point that it was "sounding" like that but if You can hear it, i beleve i actually did get to that:mates:

man this was a fun challenge! thanks again!
    i hope eveybody who jumped in on this had a blast and enjoying having fun with this

15. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

i used to hear that one alot wen i played live lol... got a pic on Facebook few people said i remind them of Staley >>> i dont see it tho ;) i do like me some Chains great band \m/

16. Master Q

Master Q Producer

No for sure you know the UK garage groove immediately when you hear it ... !!! I did and Im happy with people who took part

17. Master Q

Master Q Producer

I just want to say thanks to everyone who took part in this challenege i think in the end we got about 9 - 12 tracks which is right n target ... Thanks to the people who have already sent stems for their tracks to be mixed and mastered. I know I am still waiting on some stems from other people but just to say the people who have not sent it yet if you could aim for the 30th as a deadline because I want to start compiling the mixtape. Our studio has about 15 tracks in the pipeline already to be mixed and I have just added to my work without thinking witht his side project :L (not a smart move) but its fun for me so I will enjoy it ! wow I got to the end of this sentence and realised I have 25 tracks to mix ! Oh dear Lord help me !

Anyway whoever has not submitted stems(bouces of individual tracks preferable), i will just use the two track submitted on here and try to do more of a mastering job on it ! with the exceptiong of @musicman61554 because he iis waiting for his session .

THANKS THANKS THANKS again everybody we will have something spectacular at the end ... hey look a track a day then I am on track for Christmas ! Wooo

18. Master Q

Master Q Producer

Happy to say that the mixtape in in the final stages and this week mastering will begin! Coming soon guys !

19. kjfarrell

kjfarrell Platinum Record

Noice :D

20. Master Q

Master Q Producer

final mixing stages that is...