Audio Sex - 1 Hour Mixtape

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Master Q, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Master Q

Master Q Producer

I want to challege everyone who reads this to create a track within one hour it does not have to be mixed or mastered just to show off your skilled within an hour.

I was inspired by watching online shows like rhythm roulette, against the clock , SBTV producers hour, Beat This and so on.

Reason - I think these days as music creaters we get too distracted with plugins and samples and techniques and a million other irrelevant things that takes away from our creativity and in most cases we start with an idea and our inspiration killed in 20 mins because we are trying to get a specific souns or do a technique we watched somewhere and it does not work and we never get an end result.

My challege to anyone who reads this and those tagged is to forget about all of that and just be creative and go with the flow for an hour no matter how wacky of crazy it sounds you are most likly to create something unique rather than sound like everything else on the radio. The goals is to make a 5 minute maximum track upload it to this thread so we can all hear what you can do in an hour ! At the end of it I will collect them all and futher mix and master them if needed and compile it and create the first ever AudioSex 1Hour Challenge Mixtape Vol.1 and it will be something we can all be proud of ! ..Xmas Present for us all maybe ? It will be a Continuous mix

Rules
    • 1 hour strictly dont try too hard I suggest 45 mins for the track and 15 ins to mix and master!
    • do not for the love of god stick a liiter on at the end and squash all of your creativity out of your track
    • Upload it by this SUNDAY 27.11.16 Midnight -8 GMT Califonia time to be exact
    • HAVE FUN thats the whole point and be creative
    • Name and title your track stick ASM.Vol1 in the title at the end so I know what it for
    • Even if it sound terrible it will be mixed and mastered in the end its the idea and creativity and vision which will be what matters
    • 5 minutes maximum per track which mean only about 12 - 15 tracks can make the mixtape so earlier you submit the better ... However this might change it depend
    • The deadlind is really short because its not meant to be planned just do it impulsively
    • ANYONE IN WELCOMED!!!
    P.S Some of the guys/gals I tagged I have interacted with in the past and have sent me some really cretive and stunning tracks to mix so it would be great to see you taking part in this !
    @Cardamom @subGENRE @elias2tife @Seedz @musicman61554 @SAiNT @axon @mrpsanter @kjfarrell

Now I am a mixing eingineer by trade profesionally but I have decided to take part aswell please dont laugh at my submission lol I tried lol ! I will upload it below this

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY I AM SURE EVERYONE WILL LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING THE TRACK !

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  3. Master Q

Master Q Producer

My Submisison - Very Rough had to add the name to the title FEEDBACK WELCOME! :p

4. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

An hour? I can give you an intro maybe, Ill never make it through the chorus/drop in an hour.......
    I usually spend the second hour deleting and redoing all the stuff I made in the first hour, lol

I can average a track a week when I hustle at it, 3 to 4+ hours a day...
    But my normal pace is about 2 weeks

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. Master Q

Master Q Producer

@subGENRE lol thats the point thats the challenge creat anything you want dont do what you usually do it does not have to be perfect ... if the guys on against the clock can do it in 10 mins common you can do anythin in an hour lol look at my tract i barly tried something

GET OUT OF THE HABBIT its not productive thats the whole point of this post

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Soul1975

Soul1975 Platinum Record

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Master Q

Master Q Producer

@Soul1975
    wow this the shit im talking about i really like this .... hope you did it in an hour and i like how it does not sound over processed great work man! inbox me to send the stems !

Ps the bass is Sweet

8. Master Q

Master Q Producer

@subGENRE good stuff you got there i really like where it was going and well again the point of it is not to take your time its only for fun . I think you might be taking the wrong approach to what this pot is about BUT......... the music you submitted sounds pretty nice I like it a LOT

9. Master Q

Master Q Producer

To anyone reading these post please comment and feedback on the submitted tracks please look pass the soud quality and comment more on the idea that the point ! :DD example my instruments are not even quantized LOL

10. kjfarrell

kjfarrell Platinum Record

Oh shit, I only just read this. I better get a move on.

11. Master Q

Master Q Producer

haha look forward to hearing it !

12. Soul1975

Soul1975 Platinum Record

Thanks fam.
    Yeah it was done in an hour,that's why the levels are all over the place.lol
    I'm sampled based so it takes a lot of time just to get the sample chopped and assigned,the hardest part is getting it tracked out and into P.T. but i stuck to the time frame because i love these types of challenges.
    I'm happy with it overall though,i just want to go back in and tweak some stuff but i'm a minimalist so that won't take long.

Peace

13. Master Q

Master Q Producer

I understand but i bet this was fun and eve thought you sample all the time you probably came up with a unique idea or technique ! 

and yeah do you tweak and inbox me we talk about transferring the stems for the mixtape!

14. Soul1975

Soul1975 Platinum Record

I definitely had a blast making it.
    First sample i came across,chopped it up and started sequencing.But after i get it tweaked i'll get you the stems.

Peace

15. Master Q

Master Q Producer

Goodstuff!

16. musicman61554

musicman61554 Ultrasonic

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Master Q

Master Q Producer

Great job on this track you definitely rocked this out i thin i lost my left eardrum lol i nearly had a heart attack aswell....... Perfect the drums are spectacular !

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. musicman61554

musicman61554 Ultrasonic

Thanks man, yea a few students have been obsessed with chromatics lately so I had plenty of licks in my head.

19. kjfarrell

Sorry guys, just been a little busy today, in a few hours, after I've been out to dinner I'll upload a vid of me making a track in an hour.

20. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Right. Started at 8.17am my time. Just finished at 9.07am
    I just wanna say I have never done anything like this in this time frame before and I cannot even guarantee it's fully in tune.

Is it ok if I upload it to you tube?

Just created a Soundcloud account instead. :)

21. kjfarrell

OK Here's my attempt. I'm currently uploading the video of me creating it. I'll post it when it's done.