Audio Modeling

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Moogerfooger, Oct 23, 2023.

1. Thomba

Thomba Newbie

I can verify through all my checks that I Virus I was not able to detect.

But what was fishy: I have downloaded, executed and even toyed around with the software for a few hours. 24 hrs later, the VSTs stopped working inside my DAW. Which does happen occasionally.

But what made it really weired, I than decided to deinstall the software. But the software was nowhere to be found, not in the Windows App listing, not using Revo uninstaller - as if if I had never installed it. Ok, having checked the system I could locate the traces - but weired it still was.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. dondada

dondada Rock Star

what has Putin to do with it?

3. dondada

dondada Rock Star

checked the virus container?
    happens sometimes, some av are "overachivers"

4. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Sounds like you're running a/v nonstop that likes to silently chew on things in the background OR you're running an os updater nonstop on the internet that will fuck you up when you're not looking OR both... :unsure:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
  5. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

This may or may not be the product of a lone neophyte cracker trying to make a name for themselves. I do not surmise this to be a deliberate virus spreading attempt since from what has been reported there has been no malicious activity. However the cracking of all these apparently needs some revisiting since these things are not very economical to begin with CPU wise. With a bad crack job they end up being more of a hindrance than a help. Personally I wouldn't bother with any of these until a proper crack team (not necessarily VR or R2R, there are other crack teams who also do good jobs) can set them all straight and get them working properly.

6. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

you see? we all (including you) are asking questions about this phenomenon.

7. Shiori Oishi

Shiori Oishi Kapellmeister

So I ran a rescan on Reaper and Windows Defender went crazy, spotting Emote!ml and Wacatac!ml in many (but not all) SWAM instruments that I had installed with this realease. It put them all in quarentine.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. westfinch

westfinch Platinum Record

OK......now my head is hurting! Along with gritting my teeth and being dismayed, I am expecting a total breakdown before these plugs are resolved. :deep_facepalm:

9. Shiori Oishi

Shiori Oishi Kapellmeister

I just found a different upload under the name "RYZEN". Does anyone know if it's a different or the same pack?

10. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

it has viruses, I've got a potential threat detected of some backdoor malware called Baryss or something. From googling, figured it opened the door for other malware that mostly ransomware. Do not install it. I have everything behind firewall on both PC and router and glad Win Defender detected it quickly. It wasn't until a week tho. It silently stayed doing nothing for a week before activated. Cleaned up the computer and removed it. Checked every port, and network activities, nothing weird, assumed it didnt manage to do anything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. CrossFire 57

CrossFire 57 Noisemaker

Thomba - Your virus protection automatically delete it. The same exact thing happened to me. This install is not clean. Do not install this. You have been warned.

12. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

FFS @Stevie Dude, do you REALLY have to install every single fucking release ever posted on that site? And on top of that write a detailed technical review? And if that's not enough, additionally test ALL that shit for bugs, bad cracks and even viruses?!

Seriously, man, I really, really appreciate it, and I just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work you put in and all the info you share. It makes everything a whole lot easier and safer for all of us!

:bow::bow::bow: :wink:

13. Blu

Blu Producer

Reading other posts that followed your post I can't understand if this releases are safe or not. Can you confirm I can install them without worries?

14. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

I won't be here long tho. I'm on my last warning. One more f-up im gone. balance is everything. had to make it worthwhile. lol :rofl:

15. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

What the hell you do to get on your last warning damn lol .... you only been here since 2020 lol

16. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

upload_2023-11-5_16-32-8.png

that insulting was worth it, life has been better. gotta take one (got 2points instead lol) for the team.

upload_2023-11-5_16-29-54.png