Audio Modeling and Samplemodeling?

Discussion in 'Software News' started by tzzsmk, Aug 9, 2018.

1. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

sorry if posting in wrong area, but I noticed something interesting at www.swamengine.com website:

"We are pleased to announce to our customers, retailers and all friends that Audio Modeling and Samplemodeling have overcome any misunderstanding with mutual agreement and mutual satisfaction, and defined any relationship with Mr. Peter Siedlaczek, Mr. Giorgio Tommasini and Samplemodeling.
    Samplemodeling has ceased the distribution of Audio Modeling / SWAM products starting from November 22nd 2017, at 1 pm, with the sole exception of “The Sax Brothers” product whose distribution will cease on May 31st 2018, and will continue to operate on the market with its own and 3rd party products."

a separate site www.audiomodeling.com is now the "crossroad" to seek for SWAM instruments,
    decription is interesting as well:

"Audio Modeling is a music and audio software company founded by Stefano Lucato and Emanuele Parravicini in 2017, after more than seven years of incessant and fruitful work together on multi-vector expressive acoustic instruments emulation."

moreover, I noticed quite a few collab articles and products regarding SWAM and ROLI (seaboard makers) offering NOISE packs based on SWAM stuff

can anyone tell what's going on actually? those SWAM instruments are top notch, would be shame they disappeared from the market....

3. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

There was a lot of trouble in paradise some months ago.
    The creators of the SWAM engines used to be a team but they came into arguing about money. Each side claimed for them the copyright and intelletual property for the technology and denied the other side was selling their stuff righfully.
    Both sides filed a case and tried to obstruct the business of the other as much as possible.
    If it wouldn't be a business I would say a typical trouble amongst hotblooded italian former lovers. :rofl:

They seem to have settled now. swamengine.com now is the url to buy and register their (great) stuff.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. jugstries

jugstries Noisemaker

Best Answer
    I can confirm (I have a role in one of the two companies) that some months ago they came to an agreement where Samplemodeling — Giorgio Tommasini, the inventor of the original phase alignment technology, & Peter Siedlaczek, who records the actual instrument samples — will continue selling and developing Kontakt based libraries, while Audiomodeling — Stefano Lucato & Emanuele Parravicini — will go on with their SWAM products line, which relies on a custom developed engine of their own.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

This was discussed when the troubles began, perhaps in AZ not here.
    I can understand both parties, but since the SWAM engine uses (almost at least) pure modelling synthesis, it's only logical a separation between the two.
    Happy to hear the business is rocking again, along with MODO Bass they are the most amazing pure synth modelling plugins. :wink:

6. ddoctor

ddoctor Kapellmeister

It is not pure synth - the strings may be pure synth but they sound awful. It is sampled instrument with synthesized transitions etc. Kind of using the best from both worlds - and for some instruments it really works, but some are worse that good sampled ones.

7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Thanks for the correction, I imagined they have to start with something.
    Still, very interesting technology, even if it still doesn't work well for many instruments.

8. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

Two different companies now... nothing difficult to understand really.

9. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Cheers for those explanations, much appreciated and needed. I'm interested in the swam product line, I had heard of those lawsuits and differences between the founders and I was hesitant on trying their stuffs until the dust had settled. Good to know it's now all in the past and exactly where we stand regarding those now two separate entities.