Audio Interface

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by mox, Nov 4, 2019.

1. mox

mox Newbie

Greetings all :)
    first of all i would like to say from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU! I have been searching for a website that can help me understand and how to create Music for a while now, if any one reading this then this Thanks goes to you too as well! it is highly appreciated :)

I just started learning to produce music and wanted to know exactly what Audio Interface do i need?

some info: Right now i'm working with Ableton Live 10, Akai MPD226 , Akai MPK mini mk2 and running on Win 10 64-bit

sometimes when i make music i feel the sounds on my headphones fade and then goes up again, and it is really annoying since sometimes i loop a section of the track and the volume keep going down and up again. I have read what an Audio interface does but still i do not have such great knowledge like the people in here.

I'm interested in making Trance,Progressive and Tribal Tracks so Vocals are not important for me plus i do not have Speakers only Headphones, I have read that having Speakers is highly important but at this time i'm not a Pro so i think the Headphones are enough (i may be wrong as u know not a Pro).

Thank you so much for reading and hope you have a great day :)

3. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Hmmm... You never mentioned what your headphones are, but i guess you are overloading your system. Avoid the red volume indicators hehe.
    Speakers are important because "working" long hours with headphones may cause damage. The more you get into it the more you 'll understand how important is to keep your ears healthy as possible.
    https://audiorecovery.com/blog/do-headphones-increase-your-risk-hearing-loss/
    As for the soundcard, anything in the low range will do fine and won't be costly since you are just starting. The Focusrite Scarlett Solo (3rd gen), may fit your case fine.
    https://www.thomann.de/de/focusrite_scarlett_solo_3rd_gen.htm

4. fredboudin

fredboudin Member

Scarlett 2I4 2nd gen, price dropped because of 3rd generation, great value.
    Be carrefull of Presonus audio interfaces (audio USB 96) : I had issues with 2 brand new interfaces and faced a bad Presonus customer support.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Producer

Maybe you activated the audio limiter of Windows? This can be found in the Windows audio settings and acts as a leveler that raises quiet signals slightly and lowers loud signals.

6. NeverenoghFun

NeverenoghFun Platinum Record

This was my first thought to. Click through the windows audio settings make sure all those effections and normalizatons are off