Audio Help

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Bobs Ur Unkle, Jan 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Bobs Ur Unkle

Bobs Ur Unkle Ultrasonic

Any ears on this would be greatly appreciated, just a 8 bar loop of a section of a track i'm on, first one's got the sub of the kick mostly in mono coz the bass is fat and i wanted a little control down their, second file kick is in original stereo, feels better to me but less balanced ? i don't know, done on cans as well so any help/ advice on overall mix is very welcome (ps is my first upload on here, and i know some of you really love a good roasting session but remember Trumps president so...)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  3. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

The first link is invalid so I can't really compare. I'm digging the vibe though. Very "Samurai Champloo", which is just cool regardless of anything else. :bow:

4. Bobs Ur Unkle

Bobs Ur Unkle Ultrasonic

(didn't check after posted,)thx for taking the time mate, how's the overall mix, because i can't really tell from my end, plz peace

5. Nimbuss

Nimbuss Platinum Record

I feel like you're losing some volume and defintion on the second one with my mono switch on, a bit more muddy too, i'd go with the first one. Maybe try a M/S EQ like the Scheps and cut out some Side low end if you were to keep the stereo effect.. regardless, they sound nice and wide in stereo. Cool vibe though, I'm becoming that Youtube link guy but check how insane Barry Beats is.

He samples into Pro Tools and just goes nuts, awesome spinoff of that Mass Appeal Rhythm Roulette show.

6. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

All rules aside, I really like the stereo kick. I am, however, no expert on these things.

7. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

i like make thinkz mono under 150hz

8. Bobs Ur Unkle

Bobs Ur Unkle Ultrasonic

Yo my man looks like he came straight out of the eighties, they some how back to the future'd this to 2017, his jumper at the begining and that hair cut goes hard, lol, but he's xtra funky with the beats, Mini mullet's got SOUL.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Any smartphone speaker, 2.1 & 5.1 home systems and most of the pro PA systems will sum L+R channels (and low pass after) in order to reproduce the low end. This is one of the reasons 30Hz to 400Hz must be mixed in mono. It's easy to get an open low end in stereo but does not worth the risk to compromise the sound (phasing issues usually). If I were you, I'd spend a little longer until the mono mix sounds as you want it to sound.

10. Bobs Ur Unkle

Bobs Ur Unkle Ultrasonic

thx jayxflash, i kinda know most of the technicality's, but i guess i was dreaming of a car or jeep stereo, xtra low boot rattler, guess i'll just have to stick to real life and the rules :wink: thx friend.

11. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

just a matter of taste now bro