Audio Engineering World 2050 Told Ur Grandchildren A Message

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by welmixpro, Mar 25, 2016.

1. welmixpro

welmixpro Noisemaker

Trying To Imagine The Audio World in year 2050
    When Our Grandchildren Meet each others and say oh yeah our grands make a good quality with this small equipments :rofl::rofl:protools 12 (I Think This days they will work in Protools 50 With At Least 5 million Track :rofl:) And All Other Stuff
    IF U TOLD ANY ONE FROM 40 YEARS THAT WE CAN SEE THE AUDIO HE WILL CALL U CRAZY
    I THINK IN 2050 THEY WILL TOUCH AND FELL THE AUDIO
    LETS TRY TO IMAGINE Year 2050

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. Infidel

Infidel Producer

I can already touch and feel the audio. In 50 years the world will be under the new world order and fun with sound is not allowed.
    :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::guru::guru::scrapbox::scrapbox::scrapbox::scrapbox::scrapbox::scrapbox::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. Psychoacoustic

Psychoacoustic Producer

Given the "loudness wars", music in 2050 will just be a series of loud clicks.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Nimbuss

Nimbuss Platinum Record

I hope that by 2050 something similar to the EBU R128 will have been developed for mastering and mixing music.

From what I know the USA have also got a system called the CALM ACT which is similar (no more SUPER LOUD adverts).

I'll admit i've abused the R128 system several times by not mixing to -23LUFS but rather mixing to 0db ( brickwall style:speaker: ) and then applying the Nugen Loudness correct afterwards but never had a complaint from a broadcaster (in terms of dynamics, f*** dynamics i'm tryna sell shampoo for a client who doesn't care about my time or salary over here.)

Radio will have to adapt as well, I don't know about anywhere else, but in South Africa adverts are received and played in .mp2 and if you're lucky you can send a .wav or .mp3, regardless they all sound trash, compressed and 'lossy'. Stations seem to accept mp3 music just to save space on their end :dunno:.

One day is one day though, i'm starting to get jealous of all the really loud albums, I can never get my mixes as loud as theirs :grooves:

6. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Recorded music will not exist in 2050. Random groups of people will play live via zero latency WiFi networks, through micro preamps embedded inside their wristwatches.

7. welmixpro

welmixpro Noisemaker

MAn i can approve that 2050 will be nothing Works with WIFI Did u remember the Dialup connection and the black terminal screen :rofl: