Audio Device Could not be Found

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by FellIVTheFake, Feb 28, 2015.

1. FellIVTheFake

FellIVTheFake Noisemaker

First off specs:
    CPU: intel core i7 4770 @ 3.5 ghz
    Ram : 16gb
    windows 7 64 bit
    DAW: Live 9.1.7
    interface Line 6 pod hd pro

OK,

so when i first started "producing" i was using a awful m-audio fast track interface, when i would start up live it would always say "audio device not found" so i unpluged the usb, plugged it back in, and tadah it worked MOST of the time well i upgraded to a tascam us-122mkII and not once have i had this problem, well i just upgraded again ...i guess. to the line 6 hd pro as an interface, and im having the problem come back that i had with the maudio :dunno: this interface should 10x better than either one i had before... right now im about at a 50% fail/ successes rate at the DAW start up.

so solutions?

:bow:

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

do you have an unknown device listed in device manager? after switching on the pc and before starting your DAW?

I have found by switching on usb audio device after windows has started, usually stops this type of error on my system anyway

you could try looking into the registry file, locating the reg keys for USB audio devices and deleting them, you may still have maudio listed as a device and is conflicting with your new hardware

4. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

I had the same issues with an Roland/Edirol Firewire box only in Live. One of the reasons I stop using it.

Try also looking at the power settings for USB devices. Windows is set to turn most devices off or suspend by default.

5. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

Its NOT how good your interface is it is about the driver and how windows handle them
    I guess you have choosen to make the PC:s built in audio decice inactive in bios?

What could cause this problem is if you have opened another audio program that have change the MAIN audio device some program like to install own audio drivers and are you sure not one of your old interface drivers (m-audio and tascam) is still in the system

So in control panel/audio look if some other audio device is still active make them inactive or better uninstall them if you can..