Audio Bend problem...

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by marbles, Oct 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. marbles

marbles Noisemaker

I jut started using Audio Bend and have the following problem.

scenario:

i drag in a drum loop and repeat it so it's there 4 times
    if i want to edit one of the Events for a bit of variation with Audio Bend it selects all 4 & edits them together. I only want to edit the one i selected, not all of them.

I don't have any group selections made for these Events.
    even if the Events are on different tracks it still happens.

also, after Audio Bend has been applied, if i drag another instance of the loop into the project it will now have the Audio Bend edits already applied.

If i go to the audio pool & remove the loops from the project completely (gone from arrange window) i can then drag in the loop in it's original form from the file list again.

how do i make it so Audio Bend only affects the selected Event & nothing else ?

thanks,

Marbles

3. beatroot

beatroot Producer

I don't use studio one ,but instead of repeating the same loop(Aliases),make extra real copies of the same loop and select only the the real copies that you want to use the audio bend on but leave out the original loop(ie.the original loop meaning 'the loop that you don't want the audio warp to affect').

Meaning of Aliases and real physical copies....

an alias will make a new *very small* file or folder that simply links back to the original.

you could make an "alias" of your music folder and put it on your desktop, for example. you won't have two physical copies of your music, but if you double click on the alias folder, it will link into your music folder. changes made in either the original or the alias will show in BOTH sets.

copying physically takes all the information from a file or folder and copies it somewhere else. if you copied your music folder to your desktop, you would have TWO copies of your music, and changes in one would NOT affect the other.

its the equivalent of a shortcut in windows.

4. marbles

marbles Noisemaker

thanks beatroot, i've been doing that as a work around.. bouncing the loop files down under a new name and then dragging the new bounced files back in to be able to manipulate the loop independently of the others but it is a real PITA to say the least.. Ableton Live for eg; works as you'd expect.. just drag the loop in and manipulate it as you want and none of the other instances of that loop are affected..

can anyone at least confirm that this does or doesn't happen to them ?

5. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Best Answer
    Select the loop you want to edit and press Ctrl+B to create a new event.
    You should be able to edit it separately from the other loops you copied.

6. marbles

marbles Noisemaker

thanks Pinkman.. you're correct in saying the answer is to Bounce the Event before editing it in Audio Bend.
    i also found it in the manual and it says the same thing.