Audient iD14 mkII firmware update OFFLINE?

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by mild pump milk, Apr 27, 2022.

1. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Hi all,
    Recently I bought Audient iD 14 mkII. But I have question:

I installed the latest 4.2.1a (Windows7 x64) drivers from their website, but can't update firmware from 1.0.5 to the latest 1.0.8, because no Internet on studio PC. How to do this if my PC offline? Does anyone have the most latest firmware installers, or files in drivers/firmware folder or whatever?
    Also I can't update it from online notebook, because drivers can't be installed, probably my notebook is shitloaded with viruses etc, it shows errors during unsuccessful installation (code 131 or so)... What to do?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Cardamom

Cardamom Platinum Record

Can you not plug in your audient ID14 into someone else's PC for a few seconds just to update?

Seems like the simplest solution. Just be sure to wipe the audient software off of your friend's or relative's computer once you're done.

As the firmware will then be resident on the audient device itself, you can then move it back onto your own PC, I figure.

Is there a reason you can't hook your PC up to the Internet for even a few seconds to get things sorted? Borrow an air card for USB port and then use your phone's mobile wireless as your internet sharing tool for the studio pc?

4. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

While the above responses are most logical, according to Audient, you can contact support and they will send you the firmware file. Don't ask me why you can't just download from their website.

5. cEvin Key

cEvin Key Kapellmeister

6. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

How to Update the iD14's Firmware

It's important to make sure your interface is using the latest software and firmware to ensure your interface is compatible with the latest operating system releases and you have all the latest features.

The short video below shows how to quickly check for updates and keep up to date!

7. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Firmware, not drivers!
    I have 4.2.1a latest drivers downloaded from there, but 1.0.5 firmware, not 1.0.8

Couldn't install drivers on notebook, so no way to update firmware yet....

8. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Please use the Audient contact form:
    https://audient.com/contact/

Please write: I need the firmware, 1.0.8 iD 14 mkII, but I have no internet.
    You will get your firmware for your USBS stick.

9. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

yp, the drivers are usually necessary for the FW update. I also know you probably searched everywhere
    Seems you will have to contact the support for the fw up (which is ridiculous :facepalm:)

I'm a religious RME believer, but I wanted to buy id14 mk2 for my better half (she's a teacher). Please let me (us) know if and how you solved the issue. Pls ask the guys at Audient for any sane reason they wouldn't put the fw on the their front page.. ;)