Audient Adds iD44 As Flagship To iD Series Audio Interfaces!!

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by vibetribe, Feb 13, 2018.

1. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

If you can afford it and are going to use USB 2.0 protocol, get an RME BABYFACE PRO. I will NEVER buy an audio interface from another company - except maybe LYNX. Even if I just needed to interface external AD/DA into my PC somehow, I would still go with a PCIe RAYDAT to gain the low latency ASIO, and then interface my racks of AD/DA into that.

BABYFACE PRO will last you at least 10+ years with no issues, and driver support. Also, for guitar, you have two LINE-INs on the side which auto-detect and function as either HI-Z instrument inputs, or LINE LEVEL inputs.

2. jemp3

jemp3 Noisemaker

Agreed the Babyface drivers are the best but I went for the ID22 because of the output options. Sweet sounding interface - its a trade off.

3. Adman

Adman Noisemaker

Howabout the RME Fireface UC?

4. jemp3

jemp3 Noisemaker

Nice, but I wanted the desktop big knob thing.

5. Adman

Adman Noisemaker

yes and give it a good polish once in a while

6. Torrao

Torrao Platinum Record

Well, your friend definetely had a different experience than me. Lowest buffer settings with no artifacts and increased mixing headroom when using large samples is enough for me. I track guitars and the latency has definetely improved.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  7. jemp3

jemp3 Noisemaker

Agreed. Same improvement here. An honorable mention should go to the Audient DI - it's very good.

8. TW

TW Guest

Don`t get me wrong the hardware of the id is a great product. But I trust my friend in this case if he tells me the v4 drivers are not a real/significant improvement and he sadly still keeps his adat connection.

And I trust my knowledge. The reason the drivers of the audient are still bad or sorry mediocre compared to a lot of other brands is that it is not a driver that is explicitly developed for audient or by audient. It is the same driver Thesycon uses for Behringer i.e. products. So audient interfaces are still great professional/prosumer hardware products with none prosumer "off the peg" drivers that deliver mediocre performance at best with a lot of room to improve. But that is ok, for the price and hardware audient uses, they have to save costs somewhere.

I can record my guitars easily with an (not a really low latency) interface like the audient id, but I am really happy to have my ~2 ms of rme performance ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2018