Audient Adds iD44 As Flagship To iD Series Audio Interfaces!!

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by vibetribe, Feb 13, 2018.

1. recycle

recycle Guest

It is, absolutely, but this is the only one that I found.
    if you have anything 2018 please publish it here

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

deleted post

3. MichaelPatterson

MichaelPatterson Kapellmeister

Damn, vibetribe-- why so combative? Do you work for Audient or something?

I understand having a difference of opinion, but there's no need to be so condescending with others just because you don't agree with their opinions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. vibetribe

vibetribe Ultrasonic

I agree and it doesn't take into account driver updates. Time for an update of the chart which is fairly helpful for about 2 weeks and then they need to check for driver updates of the various AI's and retest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. vibetribe

vibetribe Ultrasonic

No, I don't work for ANY companies other than my own. I came here to let people know about the latest offering from a very reputable company and was immediately confronted with negativity for the sake of negativity, not positive critical critique. Please elaborate about what you consider to be "combative"?

6. vibetribe

vibetribe Ultrasonic

Sweet. so that pretty much shuts up all of the hater talk about the unit's "terrible" latency issues. What platform and OS version are you using, Cav Emp? Yeah, I don't like gear fanboys either but people pushing sub-par gear on MY post are going to be CHALLENGED. HaHa! IMHO, Zoom is for the same people that use FruityLoops and GarageBand. There's nothing wrong with entry-level products, but we can't be mixing brand names around without any real knowledge or experience either, and Zoom has nowhere NEAR the level of audio quality that Audient CONSISTENTLY puts out. I don't really care WHAT gear somebody else wants to use as I'm only interested in quality reviews about gear and proper use of it. Choosing audio interfaces based on their latency is FOOLISH because the latency can be significantly reduced or completely eliminated with software or a small mixer. But poor or substandard audio quality CAN'T be fixed later in the mixing process.

7. vibetribe

vibetribe Ultrasonic

Hey everybody, when participating in posts about "soundgear", let's remember to focus on what the PURPOSE of a piece of gear, in this case an audio interface, really is. If we're discussing drum sets, for example, and you're advocating buying a particular drum set because in comes in more colors/patterns/finishes than another brand, then you're diminishing the quality of the post with poor reasoning. The primary purpose of an audio interface is to assist in converting sound into ones and zeros so that it can be digitally processed in your DAW and then converted back into sound. So AUDIO QUALITY is of utmost importance when selecting an audio interface. Not ins or outs or number of mic pres or latency or brand name or popular recording artist/engineer endorsements or color or shape or... The components that affect audio quality are physical composition and design of mic preamps and effectiveness and efficiency of the converters, both A/D and D/A. The effectiveness and efficiency of the converters has to do with the accuracy of the DMC(digital master clock) and other factors I'm not gonna go into for this post. To summarize what I just said, mic preamps and the converters are the primary components that affect audio quality. If you don't have the BEST of those two things that you can get for the money, then you're not really concerned about audio quality. And THAT'S ok in this day and age because just about ANY audio interface is capable of helping us to make music that the public will "like"(code language for PURCHASE). But just remember that HERE, we want to focus on the PURPOSE of a particular piece of gear before we start "selling" or advocating it because we are the professionals that create and shape the STANDARDS for music production. Happy Music Making to all of you!!!

8. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

People just need different things, I guess..

If I play a process intensive virtual instrument + a chain of fx on it and then (when satisfied w/ the performance) render it in daw - will the quality of audio be any different w/ a different card? I play keyboards and all I want is to hear the fast passages of the piano with ir rev. and all the tweaks.. so yes, I am a latency crybaby - I can live with slightly lesser audio quality monitoring (AFAIK only I will hear it w/ RTL of the system), but not with any lagging; if you are a serious performer, that's a no go.

I 98% don't need any physical audio input. But even when I do, the card wouldn't be the weakest link. Take the vocal - there is the mic, if the mic is 4k$ I'd want at least a decent 4k$ preamp, 4k$ Bricasti, aso, aso... So my way of doing things would be to record the audio with a "decent" card and when ready, go to pro studio and record the final thing to add it to the ITB stuff. (IMO, better and cheaper)

Just my general opinion, it's not even about the specific card..

9. vibetribe

vibetribe Ultrasonic

I feel you, Bro. It ALWAYS depends on what a person is using a particular piece of gear for. I'm a world-class keyboardist/musical director and I can't have ANY perceptible midi latency when I'm playing or I'll just go and sell houses or something for a living. HaHa!! But the title "BEST" is always still connected to the primary purpose of the gear ALL AROUND, not just for a few people. And the primary purpose of an audio interface is to process audio, not reduce midi or audio latency. You're skipping the step where you should be looking for solutions to minimize midi latency FIRST, and then work on recording. So you need to invest in a faster computer or a small mixer(to do the discreet monitor style). not in an interface with a bit lower latency and mediocre audio quality. That is sending you outside of your studio to PAY for recording which is counter-productive in my opinion for a number of reasons.

10. anvier

anvier Ultrasonic

Hi, I´m on Mac osx El Capitan, Macbook pro quadcore 2.3Ghz mid 2012, 16gb ram, Samsung Evo 850 SSD 1TB.
    I use Logic pro X, In terms of latency is no the better choice but not really bad, for me the most important part is the sound and i like it a lot, the preamps are pristine and very high quality. A plus and useful side is the monitor options,

11. anvier

anvier Ultrasonic

A quick tip in my workflow on Audient ID22 recording voices and save latency issuesin a bussy mix:
    I made my mix in 44.1 khz and then bounce in aiff file and open new project in Logic at 88.2 khz. Recording voices in 88.2 over my bounce mix, fix with melodyne if you want, and when is ready back to my original project and import the recorded voice in it.
    Why i do this?
    Well, work in audio file in 88,2 is not the same as 44,1, you have better quality in terms of manipulation the audio file.

-sorry for my english

12. vibetribe

vibetribe Ultrasonic

Ahhh!! That's very clever, Anvier. The higher the sample rate, the lower the latency. Sweet!! I record 24/48 but I'm gonna try your technique using 24/96 on the vocals. Could you be more clear about your last sentence possibly giving me some examples? You can just type in your language and I'll use Google Translate.

By the way, NEVER apologize for your English when it's not your first language. MOST people who speak English as their first language CAN'T speak anything else. At ALL... :deep_facepalm:

13. There is no other chart that I have found floating around. Too bad. It would be quite a chore aquiring all the soundcards and then run a tests on each one. Whoever compiled this one probably had others test their own machines and share the data.

14. There is no other chart that I have found floating around. Too bad. It would be quite a chore aquiring all the soundcards and then run a tests on each one. Whoever compiled this one probably had others test their own machines and share the data.

15. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I'm on Windows 10/Ableton Live 9 & 10/Cubase 9.5. I get better performance out of it in Cubase, probably because I run a shitload more plugins in live (instruments, sound design stuff, etc.).

To be fair tho dude, there's nothing wrong with FL Studio. It's not Fruity Loops anymore, in name or functionally. Hell, Image Line could teach Ableton and Steinberg a few things about piano rolls and synth design.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. vibetribe

vibetribe Ultrasonic

I know Bro, that's why I said FruityLoops INSTEAD of FL Studio. And don't get me wrong, I have producer friends who have won Grammys using FruityLoops. It was just an entry-level type of app because of the obvious limitations it had, and that's all I was saying. No shade.

17. Adman

Adman Noisemaker

Has the latency issues regarding the Audient Audio Interfaces been improved lately?

Im really keen on buying one pretty much soon.

Im currently running an AVID FAST TRACK SOLO (driver are antiquated) and am looking at upgrading.

18. Torrao

Torrao Platinum Record

A FUCKING BIG YES

19. TW

TW Guest

No, not really. Still and only if you judge nicely, mediocre drivers compared to other Brands.
    V4 drivers are now working on every audient interface. It is an universal driver.

Link to the ongoing "latency interface thread" on gearslutz. Scroll to the bottom of the page to the id part ...

A friend of mine still connects his id 22 (driver V4) with adat to an older pci card. To get - his words- a useable latency.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Adman

Adman Noisemaker

Such a big shame.I'm at loggerheads on what I should get.The need for good pre-amps is obviously a must for me,being a guitar player.