AU activity monitor for LPX?

Discussion in 'Logic' started by ssl2793, Dec 7, 2014.

1. ssl2793

ssl2793 Newbie

hello folks
    is thee any utility which shows how much memory/cpu usage a particular AU plugin uses ??

3. angie

angie Producer

Mmmmmhh I'm not a logicX guru but I think no.. Usually I try to activate and deactivate the plug and check the difference in activity monitor..

4. relexted

relexted Producer

When you have the custom transport bar activated you'll see CPU. Click on it twice to see the cpu and disk activity in a floating window.
    Use Angie's method to check the difference in CPU load.
    When you see just one or two cores maxing out, you'll need to route your channels. Try it.

5. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Hi,
    as DAWs usually run AU and VST(i) in separate threads, you won't see them separately. All is summed up in the DAW's process.
    In Activity Monitor, you'll see the number of threads for the DAW increase when you open a new plugin, but I haven't yet found an utility that shows me CPU load per thread.
    In fact, I have once seen a way to list all threads with their respective CPU loads, but their name will be unknown so you won't know which plugin causes which CPU load.

The only real thread monitoring facility I know of is only available for my own code, and that doesn't help of course.

If anyone knows any better way to monitor CPU load of individual threads _by name_ then please post them here, I'm very interested in this too.

6. ninjabenbaby

ninjabenbaby Member

*yes* , Same here, I would like to see that also.

7. ssl2793

ssl2793 Newbie

thankyou people
    I asked because i was a Studio One which showed different plugins affecting the performance[​IMG]