attention output level playback

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by Dan Rentz, Jun 26, 2024.

1. Dan Rentz

Dan Rentz Newbie

• Creating 8 double posts in different sections; Using ALL CAPITALIZED TITLES Not using the right section for any of those 8 posts
    ATTENTTION OUTPUT LEVEL PLAYBACK ISSUES HELPP!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I've been running into issues with my output levels affecting my playback volumes because the rendered recording's volumes are far quieter than the daws playback pre-render. I've been told its due to the output levels but, if you disagree after this post please give me your insight. Here's what I've tried as recommended in the forum posting in the link below, I've tried to expose my hardware output send via >mixer channel>master track>route button there there's a little knob for adjusting the output into the interface that doesnt affect the render they say. When i initially tried this i turned the knob all the way up and it worked like a charm my render volume matched my daws playback volumes. After recording my demos track with no layout changes same track even and rendering i ran into this same playback volume discrepancy issue. Knobs still at same position. So how would you recommend i fix this? is it too late to fix my rendering volume or output levels after the recordings been made? If so all instructions would be appreciated along with any other work arounds. Also how to fix this so it never happens again because, this has happened to me post-submission without me realizing and costing me quite the price for certain projects. Even if you could refer me to anybody that you'd believe would have some valuable insight thatd sure be appreciated. Rendered audio track attached.

Forum link; Render Lacking Volume AND Punch : r/Reaper (reddit.com)

setup

interface presonus studio 24c
    mic cascade condenser mic economic model
    laptop Lenovo ideapad 3 windows 11
    driver ASIO
    no special audio routing
    no clipping in recording/render
    render settings all defaults except they capture time selected stems and mp3 format just one track
    All settings on Reaper's the defaults as i dont customize those
    no third party VST's to my limited knowledge

ALL AND ANY INSIGHT APPRECIATED!!!!

Attached Files:

• g.mp3
      File size:
      3 MB
      Views:
  3. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

Your warning level has been increased to 3 points for:
    Creating 8 double posts in different sections;
    Using ALL CAPITALIZED TITLES
    Not using the right section for any of those 8 posts

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Dan Rentz

Dan Rentz Newbie

Okay what would you suggest I do in the future then to avoid this then?

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

Way too much information that isn't needed. Summarize your problem and maybe more details will be needed. If it is a software issue, mention the application that is the problem, your DAW version, your operating system version (and cpu type if Mac), and in this case your audio interface and driver software.

You should use an example file that doesn't sound like you are trolling or "rick-rolling" someone who listens.

"My exported wav render does not have the same volume as in my project". Don't use a mix, use one audio file. Don't use one DAW that you probably do not have configured correctly. Use a secondary audio app to verify what you are saying is your problem. Use as a free audio editor like Audacity to verify your claim.

You will get help when it doesn't appear like your goal is to waste other peoples' time.