Atmospheres for the Expanded Mind (The Making)

Discussion in 'Conversations About Good Music' started by GammaStar, Mar 24, 2016.

1. GammaStar

GammaStar Platinum Record

Hi everyone.

As title says.. The artists, Producers, Engineers, Mixing & finally! Tea Boy... Just what did you lace the brew with for the production to be soooo good in such little time.. ? :thumbsup:
    So guys & gals whats the secrets to be told for the album.. ?
    Shall i ask the first Query... ? Well ok then.. :winker:

Through out the track "No People, Lots of Land, No People" The Vocal has a distinct processed delay (which i like very much) how was this created.. ? it sounds like a substantial amount of time was given to its creation (Beth).

Thanx peeps :wink: Hope we can learn something here from these well good tunes..

3. SyNtH.

SyNtH. Platinum Record

I'll retoot my own horn :P I made a tutorial with my track breakdown.

4. GammaStar

GammaStar Platinum Record

Hey this is magic SyNtH. This Track is Amazing! i get sensations of being in the lunar shuttle bay waiting for my ride.. & gazing back at planet Earth through a view port... then my shuttle arrives & I'm blasting through space to the kuiper mining sector... note I'm also completely terrified as its my first space flight.. :)

Tnx for taking the time SyNtH. I watch the tut tomorrow when i can give it the proper attention it deserves :wink:

5. Beth

Beth Guest

@GammaStar great idea for a thread !

The delay on the track was done by firstly double tracking the vocals and slightly offsetting one of them to which i then added a tweaked 'Telephone' preset (with 200.0 ms echo delay at 120 bpm tempo and a little bit of feedback) from Soundtoys Echo Boy. Then i decreased the volume and panned the other unprocessed vocal track so it sounded further in the background.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2016