Ativerb Third Party IRs

Discussion in 'Software' started by ambbe, May 27, 2019.

1. ambbe

ambbe Ultrasonic

Greetings from Spain. I can not find the way to install the IRs of third parties in Altiverb. It does not matter if I put the irbulk files in the default folder or in a different folder. When he scans, he says he has not found anything. The only IRs you see are factory IRs. Yes, I have searched for information, but I can not find any help. Using Altiverb 7.2.8 (Audioutopia)
    Some clue?

3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@ambbe You should have a folder aptly named Third Party IR Libraries inside the Impulse Responses folder which is inside the Audio Ease Altiverb 7 folder. Place your third party presets there.

4. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

Windows/C/Program Files/Audio Ease/Altiverb 7/Impulse Responses/Altiverb Irs. I don´t know of any third party library for Altiverb.

5. ambbe

ambbe Ultrasonic

I've already done it, but it does not work. It does not matter where you put the IRs. it never sees anything
    2019-05-27_212136.png

6. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@ambbe Throw them in the USER folder. See if it works.

I just checked the same Altiverb you have.You need to point Altiverb to that folder. For that go to Main Windows and open Preferences. When you are done, close it and reopen it.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  7. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Brother do this. Download the Wave files, 32 bit, 44.1 Khz files from link I attached. Unzip it and place the complete folder in the Third Party folder I mentioned. Point Altiverb to that folder following instructions I gave you. Close Altiverb and check if they are showing.

http://www.samplicity.com/bricasti-m7-impulse-responses/

8. ambbe

ambbe Ultrasonic

Thanks Pirate, but what I want is to be able to load the IRBULK files. Samplicity Bri M7 are only WAV, so no presets, no custom images.

9. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

10. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Do they make a reverb sound better? Did you try the ir import option?

Edit: Bro are you sure those are Third party? If they are not they go inside the Audio Ease folder. (Enviame por PM algunos de esos archivos para ver que ocurre en el mio.)

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  11. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

The default settings under 'Preferences' tab:

Altiverb 7_Pref.PNG

12. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@ambbe Go to: Audio Ease> Altiverb 7>Impulse Responses folder. Inside there should be the Audio Ease IRs folder. Drop them in there.I just tried that. Those are not third party.

13. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Best Answer
    His problem is that he those IR he is trying to install are not third party ones. They go in the regular Audio Ease IRs folder. This has been a wild goose chase.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  14. ambbe

ambbe Ultrasonic

Resolved!
    The problem is that I was considering those IRs as a third party, when they are not.
    Thank you very much The Pirate :like:

15. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I am glad I was able to help but it is a good thing you are in a different continent. :rofl:You had me scratching my head for a while. You claimed they were third parties, for which there is a particular folder. Then I realized if you had them inside that folder and they didn't work, they were not third party. That is why I asked you, are you sure. What really matters is that you got your problem solved.:bow:

16. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

As a complementary information, the Audiease Altiverb IR (Irbulk) can be anywhere you want. You only have to point to it once from Altiverb preferences.
    Same thing for third party IR folder.
    I m using Altiverb with these 2 different folders not even on the same drive.

17. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

This is a little of topic but has any of you installed 1903 build of Windows 10? For some strange reason it deleted all my .Irbulk files. I have fixed this now by reinstalling, but I'm just curious if this is a 1903 build issue.
    By the way I put all my .Irbulk files here:
    C:\Program Files\Audio Ease\Altiverb 7\Impulse Responses\Audio Ease IRs
    Seems like most releases are official .Irbulk files anyways. Never seen a third party one

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  18. ambbe

ambbe Ultrasonic

Do you have third party libraries? As far as I know, all those published in sister site can only be loaded if they are placed in the Audio Ease folder (no in User folder, no in Third party folder). It is true that the Audio Ease folder can be located anywhere.
    In fact, the problem I had was that I put the irbulk downloads in the sister site in the Third party folder, instead of in Audio Ease, and after scanning I always found the message "IRs not found"

19. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Let me see if I can put this into words. Altiverb does not rely on a strict "folder structure" as other programs do. In fact, the Audio Ease IRs folder can be given any name and placed anywhere as long as you choose it as the "audio ease" in the IR folders option in Altiverb's Preferences. Linking it to the "third party" option triggers the "IRs not found" message.

20. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

Still don't understand why the files were deleted

21. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Sorry bro, I had not seen your previous post. When you right click on that folder go to Properties and go to Previous Version what is the result? Is it the same with other folders?