Assign Sample Location from NI Libraries (Kontakt) to external SSD - How?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by rockato, Jul 12, 2023.

1. rockato

rockato Newbie

Dear users, my first post and directly I have a probem :D.

I installed the the newest cracked NI Kontakt 7 and the Karriem Riggins Drums Library. Everything works perfectly as long as I keep the samples in the stock folder (users/shared) where the rest of the files are installed.

Since Macs are known to have limited storage space, I wanted to move the samples, which account for over 95% of the storage requirements, to an external hard drive. The next time I started Kontakt and called up the Karriem Riggins Library, I had to assign the new location of the samples. This also worked.
    However, my problem is that I have to do this every time I restart Ableton and then call Kontakt.

Is there no way to permanently point to the external hard drive? Native Access is logically not used with this version. Normally you specify the location there.

Thanks for your help :)

3. Frubbs

Frubbs Kapellmeister

Have you tried resaving the instrument after you relinked? Relinking generally gets it going in the here and now, but if you want it to remember the new paths you have to resave. Unfortunately, Kontakt - in both the plug-ins and standalone app - doesn't have a convenient update save command. You have to save the instrument, which defaults to the same location, and when it asks if you want to overwrite the old one say yes. Sadly, this is necessary on a per-instrument basis - ie, there is no batch relink function for entire libraries, each instrument must be relinked individually. This is a huge pain when dealing with libs with many instruments, as you can imagine. The exception is libraries that have a full installer, like the NI libraries, that give you the option is dictating the media location in the install process. For these, it's worth reinstalling in the new location rather than just copying your installed lib between drives.

4. clone

clone Audiosexual