ASM Hydrasynth...Have One?..Your Thoughts....

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by Lois Lane, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Psychoacoustic

Psychoacoustic Producer

2. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Well, I accepted delivery from Gear4music of the Arturia Polybrute and am overjoyed with it. I've owned two other synths, an Ensonique ESQ-1 and a Kurzweil K2500SX. They were both good in their own ways but this is soooo much more fun and inspiring than both of them put together.

I haven't had much time to dive deep into it's possibilities but was able to do this 5 minute piece twiddling knobs and coaxing sounds out of it. The mod matrix is wonderful to assign this to that and I wish I could play this beast 24 hours a day.

I hope that this link works.

<div><iframe width="300" height="60" src="https://vocaroo.com/embed/1himvFWqEz8t?autoplay=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay"></iframe><br><a href="https://voca.ro/1himvFWqEz8t" title="Vocaroo Voice Recorder" target="_blank">View on Vocaroo &gt;&gt;</a></div>

3. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I just realized that there are some crackle and pops in this recording. My old i7 3700k isn't allowing my Babyface the low latency I thought that I was getting away with. It is what it is. A new RME UCX II came in the post today but I've left home for a week so will set her up then. I'm to get a new computer as soon as I figure out what to get. Quiet is the need, decent power the want. I'm gonna start a thread for the braintrust to add in on.