Asio4All problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tag4rce7, May 20, 2015.

1. Tag4rce7

Tag4rce7 Noisemaker

Hi! :)

Sorry I these questions have already been posted a million time, but I can't find anything on this forum.

I have two little problems with the Asio4All drivers that I just installed today. First, I don't know why, but when I have Live 9 launched, I cannot hear windows sound anymore. Just Live 9 and that's all. That's a big problem for me because I always watch a ton of tutorials and listen to some tracks for inspiration while producing. (I'm a beginner ^^)

And secondly, I feel like changing the sample rate does nothing at all. I mean, if I set it at maximum value, I get a super high latency (So far it's good) but if I put it at minimum value, I get no latency, but my sound quality stay perfect. So I can be like at a 64 samples buffer, and my audio quality is still perfect. So I think that's meaning that something isn't working properly :/

Any idea on how I can resolve these problems?

Thanks for your time. And, sorry for noob questions. :mates:

PS: I don't know if it's important, but I use the integrated soundcard of my computer. I do not have a "real" sound card/audio interface.

3. faunus

faunus Ultrasonic

buying a cheap sound card just for dedicated use with live is a good solution......

4. zero-frag

zero-frag Producer

1st question: that's normal if you use ASIO4ALL. You can buy an antry level audio interface (around 100$) and use actual ASIO drivers, then you won't have that issue anymore. The audio will be coming from the audio interface and you can watch videos while making music.

It's one of the problems of ASIO4all unfortunately... :thumbsup:

2nd question: if you're able to sustain 64 samples without any latency, then that's what you should use. But I can guarantee you you're going to run into trouble at some point.

It's one thing to load one little instrument and play a couple of notes with 64 samples. It's anothjer if you load a full orchestral project with 60gb of libraries and effects loaded up.

My advice: start at 256. Good latecy and no problems for the average user. If you start noticing clipping, then increase it higher. That might happen if you load a lot of kontakt libraries or use lots of effects in your track

5. kimikaze

kimikaze Platinum Record

http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/13699-solved-sharing-audio-driver-problem/page__p__92068__hl__asio4all__fromsearch__1#entry92068
    http://mtippach.proboards.com/thread/2061

Solution from above link:

"Solution found!!

After combing through the internet for days, here's a workaround that I found. Apparently the main problem is that GS Wavetable Synth and the ASIO driver use the same port, but settings are set so that only one can use it at a time (exclusivity). You need to change this in control panel. As a side note, I'm using windows 7 and FLStudio9 so the exact setting may be slightly different for you.

1. Go to control panel
    2. Click Hardware/Sound
    3. Under "Sound" click "Manage Audio Devices"
    4. Right click on any of your playback devices and go to properties
    5. Under advanced tab disable everything in exclusive mode
    6. Repeat this for all devices under your "Playback" tab. (I had 2 devices: Internal speaker/headphone and SPDIF interface)

This eliminates the problem of Asio4all and Microsoft GS Wavetable synth not being able to use the same drivers simultaneously.

Now go to FL Studio and in your mixer:
    1. Click on the "Master" channel thingy (pretty sure I'm using the wrong terminology there, but it say's "Master" written vertically, not rocket science)
    2. On the mixer's left panel click on the Out pull down menu and change audio output to "HD Audio Output 2."

Everything should work now.
    I've been searching for this solution for days now, and I finally got it right so I wanted to share it with yall. Hope it works!"

6. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Also use the latest version ASIO4ALL, less bugs and more features - better for stability, speed, quality and use

7. mono

mono Audiosexual

hi go to live options /preferences/audio/ and see what driver type and audio device you have
    change them till you find the one that was working befor the way you liked it,
    there are a few other driver you could try as well that you can find on google,
    fl studio asio as well as generic low latence asio drivers, :wink:

@ kimikaze will give that a try my-self :mates:

8. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

in windows is a setting to not dedicate the soundcard to a program, for example i run everything over my one soundcard,
    i can sound design(in Live 9 or Cantabile Lite) during i watch TV, youtube or a movie via stream.
    im using ASIO4All too.

the same works with FL Studio ASIO, which im using in Live 9 since its out.

ok open Control Panel --> Sound --> Playback and select your soundcard and then click on properties --> Advanced, there you have
    "Allow Applications to take exclusive control over this device"
    untick it and it should work. :wink:

[​IMG]

9. Tag4rce7

Tag4rce7 Noisemaker

Thanks for all those replies :)

Sadely, the two methods that ArticStorm and others posted, don't seems to work with me :( I think you need a (even basic) soundcard for this. And I haven't.
    Knowing that, what audio interface/soundcard would you recommand for a guy who just started producing EDM 7-8 months ago?

Thank you in advance. :mates:
    PS : If somebody knows an other method to get rid of the problem, i would be happy to hear it :wink:

10. mono

mono Audiosexual

The only way i can find at the moment to get the FL Studio ASIO is install fl-studio 12.
    i just tested it with live 9 and vlc playing and the two of them are working togetter,
    if you want to give it a try after installing fl go to options /preferences/audio in ( live )
    and set driver type to asio and audio device to FL Studio ASIO.
    i have the same setup as you ,all do i have 2 other soundcards here i dont use them
    just using the one that came with the pc :wink:

===========
    ok here ya go unrar and copy to
    C:\Program Files
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)
    after that open the folder
    and run the

registerAsioDriver.bat
    there is also a
    unregisterAsioDriver.bat
    that will do what is say in the name.
    right click RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR OR OTHERWISE IT FAILS ***

http://www10.zippyshare.com/v/UuOZpiev/file.html

ps best not to move the folder after you registerd the drivers

11. Tag4rce7

Tag4rce7 Noisemaker

Thank you very much, but it didn't worked for me :dunno: I'm gonna try to install FL Studio and get the drivers this way. If it didn't work, I will buy a soundcard.

Thanks for the replies guys.
    Stay awesome! :mates:

12. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

A while back, someone here posted the generic low latency asio driver that comes with Cubase. But really, you should get an audio interface. Your pc soundcard will color the sound substantially. Decent converters, etc all come standard on even low end audio interfaces. Not to mention better performance. I actually use two interfaces in my home studio.