ASIO Driver Crashes

Discussion in 'Live' started by Florian Aicher, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Florian Aicher

Florian Aicher Newbie

Hey my friends,
    i have a really huge Problem. Everytime i try to load the ASIO driver in Ableton Live, it stops working and crashes... i tryed a lot of things, like reinstall drivers from my Audio Interface, installing ASIO 4 All, follow some Steps suggested by Ableton etc. . I can't explain this Problem and im starting to think the Problem is rooted in the cracked Ableton Version. Does anybody had similar Problems yet and know how to fix this? Im desperate...
    my Specs are

-Windows 10, latest Verion
    -Intel i7 7700k
    -16GB Ram
    -Asus Strix 1060
    -Samsung 850 Pro SSD
    -Live 9.7.3
    -Interface: Motu 828x via (sadly USB 2.0)

i'd be really happy if someone can hel me! have a nice day

3. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

First of all, update asio4all to the latest version, 2.14, it includes improvements and fixes for the latest windows OSes. Try settings to set more samples, usually less samples for midi and vst plugins causes more problems and glitches in sound etc. Second, update your audio interface drivers to the latest versions. Look thru settings also. If doesn't help, report to motu support center about your problem. Update daw to the latest versions as well, look thru settings there as well.
    Minimum what I can advise to start with and try.

4. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

I think it's 9.7.3 causing the crash. Try a lightweight daw like Reaper and if that doesn't crash then it's probably Live related .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. foster911

foster911 Guest

Best Answer
    If they didn't solve your problem, install Voicemeeter Banana and select WDM inside it as your output (doesn't need ASIO and subsequently no troubles). The new version doesn't have latency issues too. You must let it run for the whole duration of your session. Don't forget to select it as your output inside your DAW. In windows mixer, you also must select it as your default device for hearing any sound.

6. Florian Aicher

Florian Aicher Newbie

hey! first of all, thank you for your responses. i followed these steps (ill wait for motu to respond) and it still doesen't work.
    UPDATE: i tried to use Pro Tools 12.5 for Windows and it tells me the same about ASIO: Playback Engine can't be found. It drives me crazy...

7. Florian Aicher

Florian Aicher Newbie

i'll try that and report!

8. Florian Aicher

Florian Aicher Newbie

omg dude im so thankful right now... VoiceMeeter Banana totally worked it out for me! thanks alot man <3

9. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

I've tested Live 9.7.3 on a Surface Pro 4 i5. The Surface 4 Pro doesn't have it's own ASIO drivers, so I need ASIO4ALL and it works. Even with the older v 2.1.2.
    But doesn't bring yout MOTU interface it's own ASIO drivers?

10. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

try creating an entirely new local windows user account, see if problem persists,
    also I hope you have latest driver for your audio interface and keep in mind windows randomly reinstalls microsoft's generic drivers, so maybe clean driver reainstall is a good starting point too

11. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

What happens if you disable the Audio Engine by clicking the rectangular button that shows your CPU percentage in the top right corner, then switching to ASIO? It'll turn red and say "OFF" when it's disabled.