Artworks for streaming devices

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Nick12, Aug 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Nick12

Nick12 Platinum Record

Can you actually use the same artwork for multiple different tracks, but then of course with different track names for these specific tracks, or should they all be provided with different artworks for streaming devices, including for instance Spotify and Itunes?

How do you provide yourself with artworks? Do you make them by yourself or do you hire a graphic designer? I'm not a graphic designer. So any ideas or suggestions would be great!

Thanks in advance!

3. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

I cluster them per release, i.e. one piece of artwork per ep, album, etc. and use said artwork for all songs in the tracks in the release. It's not common to write the song name into the artwork.
    Most of the time, I make them myself. I had an artist do them from time to time which was nothing but a big waste of money.

4. Nick12

Nick12 Platinum Record

Thank you for your answer! Is it actually hard to make them for yourself and how do you make them? With Photoshop or something?

5. Spyfxmk2

Spyfxmk2 Guest

^
    Hello @Nick12 :bow:
    If you are on the mac or ios platform have a look at Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro for a starting point.
    If on widows/mac i guess the usual suspects are photoshop,illustator & corel painter if you're more creative & artistic (painting).
    Hope this helps you in some way :)

Cheers !

6. Nick12

Nick12 Platinum Record

Yeah, it did for sure! I will try if I can do something with it. Thank you so much for your answer too! @Spyfxmk2