Arturia's VST are still usable even after deleting all of them

Discussion in 'Live' started by BadassBass, Oct 5, 2022.

1. BadassBass

BadassBass Newbie

I got my custom VST folder set up for both VST2 and VST3 in Live's config. Already rescanned but they're still there.
    Deleted all of the .dlls and .vst3 in my custom VST folder. Deleted Arturia Software Manager. Used CCleaner to erase any registry of Arturia's VST, and still they're there, and I'm still able to open and use them as demos.
    I haven't got the slightest clue as to how Live is able to open a plugin that isn't there anymore, and they do work!

Any clues? Please help a bro in need.

Thanks.

3. thebeatsareill

thebeatsareill Kapellmeister

This might be obvious, but I typically just use the search function in windows file explorer to find remnants. I don't use CCleaner, so I am not sure if this would be redundant after having used it, but may be worth a shot. Once you let the search complete (might take 15 minutes depending on the system) open right click on each file you wish to delete and navigate to that file's location. Delete the remnants from there. If you start to work from the window you performed the search in you may accidentally lose the search. Good luck with it

4. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

They're immortal!! Holy shit!

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

1. Click on the Uninstall button

2. Uninstall the plugins manually

To do that, please delete the following folders & files if available :

C:\Program Files\Arturia
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Arturia
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Arturia

Hidden folder: C:\ProgramData\Arturia
    Hidden folder: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Crypto\Keys
    Hidden folder: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA

3. Restart your PC

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

wait, what is these two folders for ?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Good question, I don't know anymore, I have a support folder for Arturia, it says it as a possible
    solution, but the link is no longer valid. But is from Arturia itself or an Arturia user.

The page you are looking for does not exist: www.arturia.com/faq/installation/uninstall-remove-a-software

8. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

Is the C:\ProgramData\Arturia deleted?

9. When you open the deleted vst's do they say anything to you? :unsure:

P.S. Just a wild guess, but if you're on a Win machine check Program Files/Common Files/VST3 folder. You mention a custom folder that you use, your installation may have also placed some duplicate vst3 files in that Common Files section....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. clone

clone Audiosexual

There are copies somewhere for them to function still. If they install as .DLL files, you could do a wildcard search for *.DLL and look at every Dynamic Linking Library file on the machine's hdds and then sort them by location or whatever else windows lets you do :)

11. This may be an even quicker way of locating it... Download this free, excellent little program called "Everything" (https://www.voidtools.com/downloads/). I use it all the time, highly recommended. Open Everything, it will do a scan of your machine that takes about a minute. Enter into the search box the name of any of the deleted Arturia VST's that are still opening (e.g. enter "Jup-8"). It will show you where it's located on your machine. Guaranteed, the rest of the one's that are opening will be in the same place. Delete them all, re-boot your machine, and done. Good luck!

12. BadassBass

BadassBass Newbie

Thanks so much guys for all the help, most kind of all of you!

I'm trying everything you said, and there were indeed still traces of Arturia..

Wow.... I'm stunned.. How'd you even find out about that? Amazing.

13. justsomerandomdude

justsomerandomdude Platinum Record

Because @BEAT16 is our google here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

It's always a good habit to go into the registry and remove the corresponding items there too.

In this case:-

1) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/ SOFTWARE/Arturia

Remove the whole 'Arturia' folder providing you are leaving no Arturia products behind, otherwise, just remove each one that is appropriate.

If or when you re-install Arturia products, it'll re-add all the registry items.

15. BlackHawk

BlackHawk Producer

Arturia plugins are the digital equivalent of the devil and Legbar at the Crossroads at midnight. You make a deal with them: they make you successful, you give them your soul and your computer.

Seriously (as if the above would not be serious enough...): Run Everywhere and search for "[name of arturia plugin] .dll (or .vst3) and see what it finds...